PDA

View Full Version : Separation

Gabby
17-07-07, 11:51
hi

just wanted to write this down cos am feeling a bit wobbly.

just had a call from my boyfriend saying he's going to drive to Scotland straight after he finished work to pick up his daughter and bring her back down to London today (its a long story..). Am now feeling really anxious cos he will be 500 miles away.

it takes him about 8 hrs to get there then another 8 hrs back and i will be at home on my own and am scared i will have a PA and need him with me and he wont be there and wont be able to pick up his phone or anything cos he'll be driving :( . All the anticipation is making my tummy jump and i can feel panic rising. think i'll be ok at work but am really worried bout being at home. he wont be back til tomorrow morning and am scared i wont be able to sleep or eat or look after my daughter tonight.

sorry for whinging. just needed to write it down to help me feel a bit better.

G

Lozzie
17-07-07, 12:13
Gabby my love!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
I can understand your worries and this is normal to feel this way when your support isn't going to be there.
But can I just say one thing miss gabby????
You have us!!!!
If ur feeling low n panicky come onto chat, you know we will be there and we will all comfort you and try our best to distract you! :)
I know your scared and worrying alot hunny but we are all here for you!

You know where I am if you need a chat! :hugs: :hugs:

Take care hunny!
the time will go quicker than you think!
Love u!!
Laura xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:flowers: :hugs:

Lindalou64
17-07-07, 12:20
Awwww Gabby Im Sorry Ya Feeling Down But Your Gonna Be Ok Hun You Know Chat Is Here Call A Friend A Fam Member Someone If You Need Too...you Will Be There For Ya Daughter Gabby You Will Do Good This Is Like A Practice Test For Ya...like How We Need To Practice Everyday Something To Get Well,,i Know Its Scary With Ya Safe Person Away But In Reality Gabby We Are Ourselves Are Own Safe People....its Hard To Hear Man Do I Know But Ive Learned Over The Yrs ........take Care Hun Everything Going To Be Fine ........linda Xxx

Insomniac
17-07-07, 21:52
Hi Gabby

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough. I am like that sometimes when my hubby is away. I also have a daughter to look after. Laura's right, we are here! So you aren't alone even if you feel it. There's usually someone about to reply or chat to. :)

Being at work is distracting. Even when I don't want to go to work I usually feel better when I'm there.

When I'm home I try to stay occupied, otherwise I start checking my pulse or wondering if I really felt a palpitation, etc. Reading is good, watching stuff on tv, listening to the stereo, or coming on here.

Sometimes I cant even focus on chat so I find a familiar PC/online game to play, and have to concentrate. Something repetitive like tetris or similar. Even when I'm really stressed this takes my mind off things after a while. Then I go on PC or read until I'm really really tired. I figure that reading or dozing on sofa is better than lying in bed wondering if I will be able to sleep.

I play word games in my head like thinking of a girls name beginning with each letter of the alphabet in turn, then boys names, then fruit/veg, then animals... anything really. But if I get stuck on a letter I move on otherwise my mind drifts and I go back to anxiety, so if you do this just think of the easy ones.

Sorry this got so long, I just hope it helps.:yesyes:

clickaway
17-07-07, 22:10
Hi Gabby

Hope writing it down made you feel better, and yes, you have us here!

See it another way - your boyfriend is driving 8 hours back to see YOU!

Life does have its ups and downs and unfortunately it doesn't exclude us just because we have anxiety. Think of this as part of recovery - we need to be subjected to such emotional pain in order to get better.

Hugs

:hugs:

Gabby
18-07-07, 09:55
Hi all

thanks for being lovely xxxxx

just wanted to let you know i survived and did really well - didnt even take my propanolol :)

I kept busy tidying up the house and making dinner and stuff, cam into chat for a while and then i was knackered i feel asleep really quickly and didnt wake up til he came in at 4.30 this morning

am v proud of self - couldnt do it without your support - thanks again xxxxx

Gabby