PDA

View Full Version : I spent 30 minutes at work pulling apart my stool.

Alba95
19-04-18, 17:37
I saw blood twice in my stool around 4 months ago and didn’t see any until today. Which has completely made me go into panic mode and have a huge panic attack. I can’t stop crying as I haven’t been worried in ages and thought the blood was long gone but now that’s it’s back I’m even more worried. It was a very very tiny amount a normal person wouldn’t even notice it but I did and now I can’t stop freaking out any tips? I really Wana stop panicking and become more rational.

anom
19-04-18, 19:16
Constipation related?

or perhaps it was food?

nomorepanic
19-04-18, 19:52
piles most likely.

I bleed a lot so it is common and nothing sinister.

If you are really worried though you would need to see your GP.

Alba95
23-04-18, 16:14
I’m starting to worry about my mental state as my fear of finding blood and checking my stool has taken over my life. Can’t enjoy anything anymore without reminding myself of the fact there’s blood in my stool. I saw on two occasions a pinsized dot of blood on my stool. Most people would laugh at the amount I’m worrying about but I can’t get over it. I also saw it because I throughly checked my stool. I also saw a dot of blood 4 months ago but never again. I just wish my mind would be at ease and stop worrying so much. I can’t sleep well either due to the constant worry. I even have a set of gloves I use to fish out my stool with and inspect. I sound absolutely nuts I know but it’s the worry that’s driving me crazy I’m scared I’m going to breakdown any moment any tips?

nomorepanic
23-04-18, 16:22
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Fishmanpa
23-04-18, 16:43
any tips?

Respectfully and with a sense of urgency, I would contact mental health services as you recognize you are not behaving normally and even went as far as to post a graphic image the other day.

Positive

Carys
23-04-18, 17:33
No, this isn't normal, but then you already know that :winks:

A pinkprick sized dot of blood - IF it was even blood, it could have just been a tiny piece of undigested food like tomato - is literally nothing to worry about. Most people probably have more than that coming from the end section of their bowel now and again, without even noticing. Every now and again most people will have an inflammed vein, haemmheroid (sorry about spelling, cant get that word right) or tiny sore part of their bum, from wiping or a hard stool or an undigested seed causing a tiny cut....any number of benign things.

I agree with FMP, you really need some help. To be inspecting and taking apart your stool at work is a sign that the anxiety is affecting your functioning far too much. I didn't notice if you were in the UK or US - see your GP, explain what is happening, get a referral for some help for this. UNLESS, you really think that on your own you can do some self-help and stop immediately taking part in this unhelpful ritual.

Scass
23-04-18, 19:35
Well I think seeing your doctor would be a great idea. Show them your posts on this thread if you don’t know what to say.

I’ve seen this before, it’s not uncommon and you’re not crazy. You can be rational about it, but you might just need a bit of advice on how to go about it xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK77
23-04-18, 20:53
Your anxiety is making you neurotic and if it continues you will have a breakdown. That's why I would also advise you to see a doc about your current mental health crisis, not your bowel movements.