PDA

View Full Version : really scared this time

emnemz
23-04-18, 22:17
I'm trying so hard... so so so hard not to panic but I'm struggling today.

so around a month ago I coughed up a little blood, not much just a little and rushed myself to the doctors. we came to the conclusion she was very certain it was nothing sinister and I almost forgot about it (ish)... now for the last 6 weeks ago my voice has ranged from being very husky to slightly to almost fully being gone. now work has been mega busy and I work in sales so put it down to this. the past couple of weeks with no sign of getting better, as soon as it does the weekend is over and it's Monday again. no sore throat at all. then this morning, coughed and there was a little stream again, not much but a little bright red couldn't be mistaken for anything else. alarm bells started ringing and I'm now panicking but 'trying' and failing to be logical. I have had a chronic cough as long as I remember but I am asthmatic and I have to say half the time i feel that it's habit. so here we are, the logical part of my brain is thinking perhaps laryngitis, acid reflux, thyroid? where as the real panic which is taking over is going you have cancer of some sort and I cannot stop it screaming in my head and it's scaring the living daylights out of me!!!! I'm 30 yrs old with a lovely young family that I'm so scared that I'm going to loose 😭😭😭😭 I'm so scared of what's happening I mean these are real life physical symptoms. going to book back to doctors tomorrow whether I will get anywhere or not is another matter xx

Nervousmommy
24-04-18, 13:30
I just went through all of this. It subsided when my cough subsided. Apparently, it’s quite common to cough of streaks of blood with respiratory infections.

Anxiousamyj
24-04-18, 14:02
Try not to worry if your doctor has said you are ok. My 10 year old daughter even gets this from time to time. For her, it from sinus drainage and clearing her throat/coughing too forcefully. She had a few colds over the winter(all mild), but you know it takes quite awhile for the upper respiratory system to clear all the excess mucus and get back to normal.

emnemz
24-04-18, 18:57
well the doctors didn't put my mind at ease at all. he said he isn't bothered about my throat... he said he is just bothered about this blood �������� anyway sending me for a chest xray and now I am absolutely papping myself ����������

ktdid2000
24-04-18, 20:34
Oh no! :(

I can imagine all the horrible things you are thinking. Honestly, blood like that is likely from coughing, maybe irritation, allergies, who knows. If it's fresh and bright red that sort of seems to point to a cut or irritation somewhere.

The doc seems like he's looking further down just to try and narrow the problem area (not in lungs, ok must be in upper throat) or something like that.

Try not to panic and assume the worst!! (impossible, I know)

zippy
24-04-18, 20:39
My mother in law has just had this and had a chest x ray and all it showed was a little inflammation. So try not to worry too much but I know it's hard.

emnemz
24-04-18, 20:55
I hope this is the case and I'm sure it is. I even think it could all be down to acid reflux but the doctor kept throwing the C word round saying about quitting smoking too late etc (I quit 5 months ago) and this has scared the living daylights out of me!! he isn't my usual doctor and is quite blunt in my experience. I'm only 30 with two little children xx