PDA

View Full Version : Will i Get sleep paralyses

devo343
24-04-18, 10:03
yes im a nervous wreck but ive been worrying im gonna get sleep paralyses im 16 ive never had it before neither have my parents i have somewhat of a ok sleep pattern 7pm to 2-5am but every night upon going to sleep i worry will i wake up with this and that makes me worry throughout the day can you guys give me factors and chances of me getting it i dont have sleep apena or narcolepsy

Shadowhawk
24-04-18, 11:37
Sleep paralysis, while frightening sounding, is a completely harmless thing that can happen to anyone; it is simply when portions of your mind awaken faster than others during sleep. I have had it happen to me several times, and while jarring at first, you simply have remain calm and relax.. your body will catch up. It is not some horrible disease that will haunt you in life.. seriously, don't sweat this at all.

Carys
24-04-18, 12:06
As Shadowhawk said - harmless and can happen to anyone at anytime. I had it once when I was 18, one morning when waking up - it frightened me - yes, I can't deny it. However, my body caught up quickly and I was absolutely fine within a minute. (less probably, but it felt longer at the time lol) I've had it happen once since, and I'm now 49 years old.