PDA

View Full Version : Hello....

Wackyal123
24-04-18, 11:01
Hi All,

I'm Al, I've been suffering from Anxiety now for 6 years, but the last 4 have become "health" related.

2012, I was working long hours, and ended up with GAD due to the nature of my work.

In 2014, my wife suffered a miscarriage and it set me on a path of despair. I became (according to the doctor) obsessed with death, and had to have time off work. I also began having physical pains across my lower abdomen. With relaxation, and exercise and I thought I'd nailed it on the head by the October, but then ended getting sick again when we moved house. I started having pain in my stomach, back, abdomen, and legs.

By December, I'd lost some weight and people were noticing. I became paranoid, then suddenly lost my appetite and became unbelievably tired. I lost a further 11lbs in 3 weeks. I'd seen some blood in my stool and the doctor said he thought it was stress related. But he did blood tests for diabetes, lymphoma, pancreatitis, celiac, and cholesterol. All good. But liver function was slightly elevated. I had an Ultrasound to double check my pancreas, but it was obscured. The stomach pain seemed to be gas related. Also, a colonoscopy came back clear.

4 months later, I had an endoscopy and CT scan... all clear other than Chronic gastritis. I was on Omeprazole to stop the acid, but by that time, most of the symptoms had gone. I was fine until October 2015 when I felt a lump in my pectoral muscle whilst playing guitar. It bruised and I was worried it was male breast cancer. More checks, including a barium swallow and it was fine. I'd also had testicular pain and was peeing a lot, so prostate and testicle check.... again all fine. Christmas came, and again, losing weight, and feeling like crap. 2016, i joined the gym to see if that helped. And initially I think it was. But then my son was born.

I lost hours of sleep and stress went up. By November, symptoms returned. More stomach cramp, more abdomen pain. I was tested for Glandular fever and Heptatits. Sure enough, it showed that at some point in the past (which was likely 2014), I'd had glandular fever. 2017 was met with an Xray on my chest. All fine. Then I had bladder pain. UTI was diagnosed so onto Antibiotics. A blood test showed I wasn't diabetic, and celiac was ruled out again.
In the October, I then had more pains in the bladder region. So, another Ultrasound, and blood test, and pee test... all fine! But I came down with a bug and as I stood up after sitting on the loo, I fainted. The doctor thought it was low blood pressure (despite always having high blood pressure)

Christmas, I had stomach cramps again, and by this point, I was really frustrated that It was still here. In January, I had another blood test... all fine, except for blood being a little thick which the doctor thought was dehydration. Also, slightly low Vitamin D.

About a month ago, I then trapped a testicle in a hole in my underpants... since then, i've had pain radiating from my lower abdomen into my ball, and thigh.

FINALLY, also around a month or so ago, I began having trembling in my hands when I hold things. So, now I am going to have a sugar level blood test, a cholesterol test, a vitamin test, and having my balls checked.

I'm so tired of the anxiety. So tired of the physical pain. So tired of living. My wife has had to deal with all of this. And now my young son has a dad who feels like a failure.

I expect I am going to be dead shortly but I've thought that for 4 years. I just don't want a deadly disease at 36.

Any comments welcome.

Cheers
Al

venusbluejeans
24-04-18, 11:08
Hiya Wackyal123 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: