PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram - 5 month update!

Jamie1990
24-04-18, 14:54
Hi guys! It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here. That itself is good news for me as all my previous posts have been in the midst of severe depression and anxiety. I want to start by simply saying I am lot lot better than I was and have only recently after 5 months started to really feel the effects of the medication.

I don’t know whether it’s normal to have to wait this long or whether that was just me but I was thinking about giving up this meditation so many times. During January/February I was at my worst. I’d sleep more than I was awake and had absolutely no motivation to do anything. A shower was an achievement for me.

But only now have I realised that things are much better. It is such a slow gradual process that you don’t really notice it happening. Now I’m up everyday, showered, cleaning, eating good. My mood has improved so much.

This pill certainly isn’t a happy pill. I still feel down and feel the same emotions as most people do but the constant depression and hopelessness has diminished.

My anxiety has reduced so much but is still there a little in certain situations but I’ve just learned to accept it now. As long as it doesn’t come between me and my goals, I can live with it now and again.

I just wanted to come back and post this update as a lot of people who see the benefits from the medication rarely come back to post! Probably because they are getting on with their lives again :)

I just want to end with a note to all those just starting out or wondering if the medication will ever work.... just keep taking it. The few weeks/months are full of horrible experiences! But eventually, one day, maybe even sooner than me.... you will be sitting and then it’ll hit you. You’ll realise you are okay again.

Thanks X

Lulu1960
24-04-18, 15:45
So glad your feeling better...

Elen
24-04-18, 16:23
James what a great post.

Yes it can take up to 6 months for meds to take effect, and it is a horrible wait to see if they will eventually kick in.

Feeling down etc is a normal emotion that everyone feels, that shows that the meds are working but not spacing you out.

Keep going and don't be tempted to stop them too soon.

shery
26-04-18, 17:25
Thank you Jamie for the update, What a hopeful post!!!!!!