PDA

View Full Version : I can hear a whoosing sound in my ears, blocked ear - heartbeat sound?

tan235
24-04-18, 22:31
Hi All,
Has anyone else had this - I googled what it could be, that was a bad idea.
I accidentally pushed ear wax against my ear three days ago, I'm putting in some ear drops to help soften the ear wax but it's still blocked, however, since then (and yes I see the correlation) I'm hearing - at night, a whoosing sound in time with my heart beat at night time.
It normally lasts all night and I can hear it in the morning, it's really frustrating.
Anyone else had this and it went away??
I'm assuming it's because of the blocked ear but google now has me a bit concerned it might be a anyreusm ...(or however you spell it!)

AMomentofClarity
24-04-18, 22:37
It’s one thing with health anxiety to worry about the unknown aches, pains, sensations.
But, when you’re taking things that you clearly already know (I.e earwax) and twisting them into fatal issues (I.e aneurysm), you’ve got a problem that no amount of internet reassurance can fix.

nerv
25-04-18, 00:27
Those eardrops make your earwax soften up and move around, so it will do things like block your eardrum. I took them a few years ago after living a very long time with hard earwax, I woke up unable to hear anything and had to get my ears irrigated. If that whooshing/heartbeat sound is like what you hear when you cover your ear with a finger, that would make sense. You can make an ENT appt for ear irrigation? It's actually kind of neat to have it done.

tan235
25-04-18, 02:19
I must be losing all sense of reality!
I thought this was more a 'normal' persons concern and not an anxiety ridden one... thanks for the insight.

Yes ... if I block my ear it is like the whoosing but it's in time to my heart beat ... which Dr google says can be many things, including what I have - wax and a blocked ear or certain death.

Obviously given I have HA the certain death is where my head sits, because if it is something that could cause death I'd like to get it sorted sooner rather than when it's too late, and sometimes things can be 'coincidental' so I'm overly precautious as I have no way to know if this whoosing sound would have happened if my ear wasn't blocked.....

Therefore logically, if someone from here has heard that whoosing heart beat sound with a blocked ear, then I have some potential reassurance that it is that... rather than questioning it and not knowing if it's common or not?
Does that make sense?
In my illogical pattern of thinking, I"m desperately trying to find some logic to help me with my HA.

x