PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever have 'vertigo' attacks that were the result of anxiety

Meriland30
25-04-18, 05:26
Sudden vertigo attacks? E.G: You are sitting at your computer and suddenly ...for a split second you feel like you just fell 100 feet, or your eyes roll up or a sudden jolt of spinning dizziness? Or do you ever have it happen and it induces a panic attack and then goes away? I am just wondering if stress can cause that out of nowhere, cause apparently my ears are fine. Can anyone relate?

Crispy
25-04-18, 11:52
Hi Sarah,

I have experienced an episode of sudden vertigo where it felt as if I was drunk, the room was literally near spinning however I had not touched a drop of alcohol and had just returned home from work. I also have that same 'falling' feeling (like when in a lift suddenly declines fast) have been to see Doctor / Nurologist and had an MRI scan - all testing came back negative for any physical problems.

In my case the symptoms have been diagnosed as stress / anxiety / depression and have been put on meds. Please do see your Doctor if you are concerned, it is hard to believe our minds can really cause such problems but the brain and our subconscious are very powerful and complex....

Benjammin69
25-04-18, 15:30
I have this when driving and sometimes when walking it’s horrible wouldn’t wish it on anyone. It is high anxiety and it will reduce in time x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IrishMonkey92
28-04-18, 21:50
I use to have the dropping sensation quite a bit. I no longer have it.

BikerMatt
28-04-18, 22:51
39 weeks yesterday, non stop 24/7. Just waited 27 weeks for a neurology appt which is in 11 days time.