PDA

View Full Version : Getting It In The Neck..

Pages : [1] 2

pulisa
25-04-18, 08:16
I feel bad for doing this but just wanted to say that I'm going through a horrible health scare at the moment. 3 lumps in my thyroid have been discovered as an incidental finding from an MRI scan on my spine.
Everything has happened very quickly and I'm off shortly to have 3 biopsies done in hospital-results in 2 weeks.
As a carer I just need to have a diagnosis. This will be a huge challenge for my HA but I'm determined to take one step at a time.
Amazing how attentive the GP has been...which worries me:D
Anyway, if anyone can have a laugh with me along the way I'd appreciate it! This is one way of getting a break from doing the chores, I suppose!

Carys
25-04-18, 08:45
You should not feel bad, you never ask for assistance here and give so much to others!

You KNOW I will......I'm up for seeing the humour in most things......and I'll push you along/hold you hand (virtually) and see you to the end of whatever this is. Whatever this is will be fine, no matter WHAT it is. I said to you once, not long ago, Pulisa - you never know how strong/brave you can be until you have no choice. X

I've never had a biopsy on a delicate part, like my neck, but warning you it can feel painful and bruise. Make the most of it and get your wonderful family to give you soft cake, icecream and nice things - not that this will make a difference - but make the most of it and say that it helps LOL

Carnation
25-04-18, 09:49
Pulisa, it takes bravery to even post about personal stuff on here. Sometimes you just need to know there are people there for you. Whether it is a second opinion, advice, a friendly chat or a bit of humour to get you through the day. You have many people on here that will do just that!
Take one step at a time and as Carys has already said, make sure you get those treats!
As a fellow carer, in times like this it is more than difficult, but you will be surprised how well you will cope. x :hugs:

Fishmanpa
25-04-18, 13:11
Been there done that, already deal with health issues and I'm in a similar situation trying to take care of my wife. Anything I can do, feel free to ask...

Positive thoughts

pulisa
25-04-18, 13:22
Thank you so much-you are both so kind xx

I'm back from the biopsies and it probably wasn't the best way to spend a morning but needs must etc..Had them done by a Consultant Radiologist who said he was more nervous than I was!! Not great when he's hovering around my carotid artery!!:D
It took about an hour. Everyone was very kind and I was patched up and despatched home. I've got the results on May 9th so will try and just get on with it now.

Thank you, Carys and Carnation xx

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

Been there done that, already deal with health issues and I'm in a similar situation trying to take care of my wife. Anything I can do, feel free to ask...

Positive thoughts

I wouldn't begin to compare my situation to yours, FMP. I haven't been diagnosed with the unmentionable yet but I know it is being looked for obviously.
This situation may be a positive thing for everyone in my family-it's the only way to look at things. And it isn't the c word until they say it is of course. Thanks, FMP.

Carys
25-04-18, 13:35
Why was the consultant radiologist so nervous? That's SO not what you want to hear :roflmao:

pulisa
25-04-18, 13:47
Why was the consultant radiologist so nervous? That's SO not what you want to hear :roflmao:

It was where these things were positioned..one false move or tremor and bingo....blood fountain fiesta!:D

He got offered a cup of tea afterwards..I got water!!:roflmao:

Carys
25-04-18, 13:54
OMG.....holy moley.....blood fountain fiesta :foot: Gosh, well done you, that sounds scary. However, I guess you were in the right place to get some more blood if needed....LOL

Carnation
25-04-18, 14:13
Pulisa, it can't have been easy for you, but you've done it now and thankfully there was no blood fountain. :scared15:
Try to get as much rest as you can, which I know is easier said than done. You should be proud of getting through that. x :hugs:

pulisa
25-04-18, 14:20
Yes I suppose I was although I wasn't thinking about that at the time! I was just trying not to swallow and the more I thought of this the more I wanted to swallow..You know how it goes...

The mention of the proximity to the carotid artery got me sweating too!!:D

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

Pulisa, it can't have been easy for you, but you've done it now and thankfully there was no blood fountain. :scared15:
Try to get as much rest as you can, which I know is easier said than done. You should be proud of getting through that. x :hugs:

Yes it's all done now and I'm going to have a well-earned rest. My OH is away on a golfing holiday so one less meal to cook:DI've reassured my daughter as best I can so we are sorted for an hour or two!

MyNameIsTerry
25-04-18, 15:42
Sorry for the late post, I was just off down the doctors and I've just got back in (shopping) so didn't get to this before you went.

My thoughts...

1. Attentive GP = knows arse will get kicked if not pulling his weight :buttkick:
2. Worried radiologist = either been watching too much Holby City or...I do have this image of you telling him to "just bloody get on with it!" In the kind of stern voice only awarded at entering motherhood.

:biggrin:

I hope it wasn't too draining, it sounds like quite a procedure. I'm guessing it was a local too and I think I would rather have had the knockout juice!

Sitting waiting is often the worst of it and once you're in the chair at least you can focus your mind on something physical to get through.

You know all the statements about it not being x until they say, they would have a good idea of what may be found hence If not mentioned x then it's unlikely, etc but it's never as easy when your on the end of the situation so you are entitled to feel whatever you are feeling. And now you have the wait and us reeling out the "no news if good news" stuff on you that we all know you know as well as anyone. So, I'm not going to say it...wait, I just did :doh:

But you've also got our support for whatever ever you need. And I'm guessing your daily schedule may help you out with too much thinking time. But we know you can't show your worry too your daughter so let it out on here if you need too.

I hope to be hearing nothing but good news soon :hugs::flowers:

KK77
25-04-18, 15:57
I hope you don't start singing Gimme Gimme Gimme [a large dose of local] when you go for "procedure" :wacko:

But that aside, you are indeed a brave and stoical Agent. Very glad you've posted though because you give so much to others here and deserve all the support and best wishes we can offer.

I believe you will be A-OK and back to your usual routine in good time.

I will also be lurking to keep a keen eye on your hospital antics :shades:

Fishmanpa
25-04-18, 17:15
I wouldn't begin to compare my situation to yours, FMP. I haven't been diagnosed with the unmentionable yet but I know it is being looked for obviously.
This situation may be a positive thing for everyone in my family-it's the only way to look at things. And it isn't the c word until they say it is of course. Thanks, FMP.

Not saying to compare it at all. And thank you for re-iterating the mantra ;) That's what I'd say anyway. You know the drill though. Stay the hell away from Dr. Google and just go about your day the best you can. Again, feel free to ask or PM.

Positive thoughts

Elen
25-04-18, 19:17
Pulisa I love you blood fountain fiesta indeed.

Not fair that he got tea and you only got water, wonder if he needed a biscuit too, did you scare him? :)

I will keep everything crossed for you.

The worry for yourself is bad enough, but having your responsibilities is an additional worry.

You have given so much to so many on this site so feel free to vent on here.

Take care of yourself.

Elen

pulisa
25-04-18, 20:33
Thanks so much, Elen, Terry and KK.

I'm glad today is over. It's hard keeping a lid on things but I have to at home.

If I have to have a hospital visit I'm bloody well making the most of my time "off". It'll certainly be a question of Gimme Gimme Gimme all the midazolam you can muster but I certainly won't be entertaining any Men After Midnight!:D

Scass
25-04-18, 21:00
Thinking positive thoughts for you Pulisa. You are so kind & thoughtful to strangers on here, so from one stranger to another - all the best x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster70
25-04-18, 21:08
Bloody lumps they're like London buses nothing for ages then three come along at once .
I know nothing I say is going to put your mind at rest I know you will keep over busy as usual until you get your results , I don't know that much about thyroid problems but my mum has problems with hers and thought it was curtains but meds have sorted it out so who knows? . If you do get tempted to google just google celebrity's ages to see how bad they look for their age instead :D
I'm still waiting for the results of my brain scan the doctor seemed confident they would find one but I did hear the consultant say it was like trying to find a walnut in the Grand Canyon.
I know you're a tough old bird ( I know less of the old ) so you will get through this like you have with all the other problems life has thrown at you .
Take care , photo included for good luck .:hugs:

Carys
25-04-18, 21:16
Oh Buster !:roflmao:Your writing style is simply awesome, you honestly should write a comedy blog.

I'm still waiting for the results of my brain scan the doctor seemed confident they would find one

:scared15:

pulisa
25-04-18, 21:37
Thank you so much Scass and Buster!

Love the pic, Buster! :D

And you DO have a way with words! Have you considered a stand-up tour in the Buster Bus?

Buster70
25-04-18, 22:03
Believe it or not but I got a ticket today for driving in a bus lane , haven't even got the bus yet , it's not the start I was hoping for :D do you think crowd funding might pay it for me ?
And another problem I've made for myself , at Christmas I treated myself to some wide work braces to keep my trousers up while I'm working and walking the dogs , I figured I could save around an hour a day on not hoisting my strides up every five seconds, what I've gained in hoisting time has been offset by having to pull my trousers out of butt just as often , it's like I'm giving my self a wedgie , I've noticed the more loose change I have the less of a problem I have with butt eating trousers but money is tight so we return to crowd funding has anyone got any spare change guv ?
What was the question?

Noivous
25-04-18, 23:56
We started out in Yuma
Searching for a tumor
But only found a mean old puma
So I jump on a plane and went zooma!
All the way to Montezuma
But I left one shoe back in Yuma
So I send this call to you ma
Will you please send me my other shoe ma
She sent right back, here's your shoe pa
So from starting out in Yuma
All the way to Montezuma
We never found that tumor
So instead we send you humor.

God bless you.

MyNameIsTerry
26-04-18, 02:29
Loving the trousers, Buster :roflmao:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rXe-e6fRATY/TS5-OA-64oI/AAAAAAAAAUM/5HGbrTpeTCw/s1600/Clown1.jpg

vicky23
26-04-18, 09:11
:hugs:

pulisa
26-04-18, 12:43
Crystal Palace clown trousers!!! Great colours for a great (or maybe not so great?) team!
COYP!

Noivous, thank you so much for your kind wishes and for that wonderful poem! There always has to be humour to get you through the difficult times.
2 more home matches for Palace, Leicester at home on Saturday and West Brom on 13th May. We may escape relegation by the skin of our teeth..

Thank you Vicky-much appreciated.

I just wanted to write this thread to tell my NMP friends what was going on with me, health-wise. I'm really grateful for all your support and kindness. I won't know anything now until the biopsy results on May 9th-I've asked the Consultant not to ring me even if the results come back sooner because I would rather hear them face-to-face.
I'm just going to carry on now as normal. There's absolutely no point in doing anything else.

Bigboyuk
26-04-18, 13:28
Crystal Palace clown trousers!!! Great colours for a great (or maybe not so great?) team!
COYP!

Noivous, thank you so much for your kind wishes and for that wonderful poem! There always has to be humour to get you through the difficult times.
2 more home matches for Palace, Leicester at home on Saturday and West Brom on 13th May. We may escape relegation by the skin of our teeth..

Thank you Vicky-much appreciated.

I just wanted to write this thread to tell my NMP friends what was going on with me, health-wise. I'm really grateful for all your support and kindness. I won't know anything now until the biopsy results on May 9th-I've asked the Consultant not to ring me even if the results come back sooner because I would rather hear them face-to-face.
I'm just going to carry on now as normal. There's absolutely no point in doing anything else. The thing is you are a very strong person, you will get through this. and totally agree face to face is far better than any other way. I trust you will believe your consultant when they give you the ALL clear:yesyes: Yes good plan to just carry on, here's the serenity prayer which I am sure you know. God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cant change, courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference :) Stay positive Pulisa :hugs: ATB

aprilmoon
26-04-18, 16:18
:Sending a :hugs:

Carys
26-04-18, 19:33
Yeahhhhhh, she's gonna be just FINEEEeeeeeee....no matter what they find out from these biopsies. We will all make sure she is fine, and trot along the path by your side, no matter what. :D

pulisa
26-04-18, 20:04
Thank you, Dave and aprilmoon!

And Carys:hugs:

Of course I could be gestating an alien..wouldn't put it past me!:D

I'll make a fortune flogging my story to the Daily Fail!

"Ageing Female Gives Birth To World's First Thyroid- Incubated Alien"

Well it's a thought....

Magic
26-04-18, 21:05
Just got in. Catching up. Wishing you well pulisa. Sending:hugs::hugs::hugs:xxx

Buster70
26-04-18, 22:02
The alien springing out of John hurts chest springs to mind but it might be triplets, the mess would be a nightmare for the OCD :D
It could be worse Dr Harold shipman could still be around , although they did say he had a very nice bedside manner :doh:
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you but they are starting to hurt a bit and I have bad circulation so one is going a funny colour .
Take care .:hugs:

Carnation
27-04-18, 00:08
I've seen that film many a time and it's not a pretty sight. :scared15:

Great picture Terry. :D It looks a bit like Mr C; minus the red cheeks.

Pulisa, your wait is not too long and I am sure this thread will keep you occupied with silly stuff as well as support until then. x

MyNameIsTerry
27-04-18, 01:41
I've seen that film many a time and it's not a pretty sight. :scared15:

Great picture Terry. :D It looks a bit like Mr C; minus the red cheeks.

Pulisa, your wait is not too long and I am sure this thread will keep you occupied with silly stuff as well as support until then. x

I didn't realise I had posted one with "ass-less" clown pants :blush::winks:

---------- Post added at 01:41 ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 ----------

COYP!

Given the length they might have been the shorts from back in the days of real footballs...when they were brown! :yesyes:

pulisa
27-04-18, 08:10
Please uncross those fingers, Buster! Wouldn't want gangrene to set in !!

My son was born without a left thumb and had one "made" for him from his index finger which was re-positioned. It's called a pollicisation and was quite a revolution in plastic surgery when he had it done in 1990.

Thank you so much, Magic:hugs:

Carnation is right-it's not long to wait and there are plenty of other people on here who deserve far more support than me so I'll update with any news as and when. For me it really helps to have a plan and I think I've got that sorted now. Thanks for all your very much appreciated support xx

Carys
27-04-18, 16:13
and there are plenty of other people on here who deserve far more support than me

How did you figure that one then ? Nooooooooo, you are as deserving as everybody else, and this is a scary thing you are facing...

BikerMatt
27-04-18, 16:37
Pulisa, Glad you got through the biopsies. And all the very best with everything.

You're here supporting people all the time and i'm glad you decided to post a thread about this.

You're lovely!! Have one of these from me:hugs:

Buster70
27-04-18, 18:38
[QUOTE=pulisa;1787925]Please uncross those fingers, Buster! Wouldn't want gangrene to set in
Thanks for that , I can now put my two fingers back to good use , Sticking two fingers up to the British establishment while blowing a raspberry.:noangel:
Terry I'm going right off the braces I'm now thinking of giving lederhosen a try fashionable yet comfortable :D I might even go so far as to slap my thigh occasionally.

Carnation
27-04-18, 23:03
Great Buster, a bit of 'Schuhplattler'. :D
Don't forget the bowler hat and a stein of German beer.
I am presuming you can dance, otherwise I can foresee an accident. :ohmy:

Pulisa, I agree with Carys. You are just as deserving as anyone else.
I know it takes a lot to open up and even post about any health issues which may feel private. But, sometimes it takes the rough edges away by doing just that. x

MyNameIsTerry
28-04-18, 02:06
"The hills are alive with the sound of Buster's bum squeaking" :ohmy:

Hey, this could be us on our bus tour...

https://www.dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/picdump-1203-6.jpg

I promise to at least shave my legs though :whistles:

We should give a few sailors a fright :roflmao:

Carnation
28-04-18, 09:39
:roflmao:

pulisa
28-04-18, 12:41

https://www.dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/picdump-1203-6.jpg

And your "cleavage" too, Terry? :D

BikerMatt
28-04-18, 16:30

Mel B's turned white:ohmy:

pulisa
28-04-18, 19:31
Or the new Abba?

BikerMatt
28-04-18, 19:38
Or the new Abba?

This is Abba these days........

MyNameIsTerry
29-04-18, 04:53
Mel B's turned white:ohmy:

Baby Spice hasn't changed much though :D

---------- Post added at 01:57 ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 ----------

And your "cleavage" too, Terry? :D

Good point, both the one on my chest and the one in "the trunk" :ohmy:

It's Matt I'm worried about, he's a bit of a http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/monkey/t122005.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-monkey.php) so we might need to get the garden strimmer out for him http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/home/t6008.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-home.php) :roflmao:

---------- Post added at 04:53 ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 ----------

Matt, DaveStation is back on again! :yesyes::yahoo:

Buster70
29-04-18, 20:40
I don't know why this photo tickled me so much but I can't look at it without laughing so much a teensy bit of wee leaked out , I'm not sure if it's supposed to be serious like lederhosen catalogue ,anyway it's the look and stance I'm aiming for .:roflmao:
Not much to report today as it was a pretty good one other than while walking the dogs i swallowed a fly , I don't know why ? do ya think I'll die ? Any thoughts on what i could do ? Im scared to google it .:D pretty sure I can count on your advice pulisa ,what should I take ? ,,,,,,, :hugs:

pulisa
29-04-18, 20:59
I'd recommend some warm Flybena to flush the interloper out. Better out than in especially if you are going to squeeze into those lederhausen., Buster!:D

Buster70
29-04-18, 23:14
I'd recommend some warm Flybena to flush the interloper out. Better out than in especially if you are going to squeeze into those lederhausen., Buster!:D

Too late already swallowed a spider , see if that helps if not I'm not sure what to do .
Why oh why does that picture make me laugh so , Perhaps it's just lack of sleep , I had a another quick peek and still laughed .
Hope you are still hanging in there and haven't scrubbed a hole through your kitchen floor , bet your house is the cleanest clean it's ever been .:hugs:

Carnation
30-04-18, 00:10
Buster, I had a friend who swallowed a fly and he was fine. But don't what ever you do, don't watch the Jeff Goldblum film. :scared15:
I had an ant crawl in my ear once and turned me deaf, but it couldn't have liked it in there, because it came back out quite quickly.
Lots of football on TV at the moment Pulisa, which is making my O/H sulk.

MyNameIsTerry
30-04-18, 02:27
Too late already swallowed a spider , see if that helps if not I'm not sure what to do .
Why oh why does that picture make me laugh so , Perhaps it's just lack of sleep , I had a another quick peek and still laughed .
Hope you are still hanging in there and haven't scrubbed a hole through your kitchen floor , bet your house is the cleanest clean it's ever been .:hugs:

You need to swallow a bird...I warn you, it's an addictive cycle :roflmao:

So...are you & your "friend" available tonight? It's just my wife doesn't quite hit the spot in the bedroom and I've been a bit curious lately...so how much a for quick yodel?:winks:

pulisa
30-04-18, 08:29
I could certainly do with swallowing a benzo-loaded fly/spider whatever because I'm really crumbling. I'm having all these horrible hot flushes-especially at night-and can't sleep. Really weird but probably just another example of how stress messes with your wiring!

Yes, Buster, I'm cleaning like mad and trying to keep occupied all the time (probably why I can't sleep). OH has brought back mega loads of washing from his 3 day golfing holiday so this will keep me busy although I have already done 2 loads this morning. Why or why is there so much kit and changes of clothes? I always have a struggle with my OCD washing machine because it's such a perfectionist and alters wash times if there is an "unbalanced load". However I'm the only one with an unbalanced load in my house so I have learned how to trick it into finishing as per its stated wash time:D

Carys
30-04-18, 08:48
Morning Pulisa,

You aren't crumbling I promise. You are just really stressed. Remember how I was with my scanxiety....not sleeping, up and wandering at night, waking in panics (needing lorazepam), hot and cold flushing, not eating etc etc.

Are the sites of the biopsies ok, no red or hotness and infection? Just asking...not saying there should be anything wrong. :winks:

Carnation
30-04-18, 09:27
Pulisa, I would have been surprised if you said you felt calm and with no anxiety symptoms.
It's a natural reaction and feelings that you are going through, consciously or subconsciously.
Hot flushes are my speciality and although scary, you will notice that they only last for seconds.
Fear, worry and stress can cause this.
If you had an infection, you would feel weak and rotten all the time and you wouldn't feel like doing any washing at all.
My O/H had biopsies done twice. On the shoulder and face, by the ear. He also had flushes. I use to comment on it.
Just slow down with your tasks and make sure you find some interesting stuff to watch on the TV to keep your mind occupied. Can you get a lie down during the day?
We are here with you on your journey, so you are not alone. xx

pulisa
30-04-18, 13:03
Carys and Carnation, you are both so kind and thank you.:hugs:

I went to the GP this morning about the flushes- very bad move as she mentioned another nasty which I already knew about...but they wouldn't test for that until I had got the biopsies back..

It's my own fault-I shouldn't have gone. I am going to calm down and wait to see the Consultant on Wednesday who is the expert rather than a poxy GP.

I should have asked for some diazepam but she told me to take some vitamins instead..My daughter is going to make some flapjacks this afternoon so I may try to watch a bit of my Wallander box set while she is doing this.

Carys, the biopsy sites are fine-I reckon I'm just blowing an internal gasket!:D

Carys
30-04-18, 13:09
Hmmm did she start discussing things like hypothyroidism? (or was it worse ???)

The flapjacks and box set sound like a great idea, and yes, a bit of diazepam might have helped. Do your surgery do that online consultation thing (a lot of the larger ones do now)- you fill in the form from their website and a doctor responds in 24 hours. We have it and I've got my last two sets of lorazepam that way, you know you fill it all in saying you have 'horrendous anxiety, which is short terms cause by waiting for these results' and they will usually pop you a short prescription on. You know, you might not even need it, but sometimes it helps to know there is something as an 'escape route'.

As long as its just a mechanical internal error, lol, and nothing infection wise then thats good. Yep, weds isn't long to wait now.....I do feel for you though, the waiting is blindingly tough.

pulisa
30-04-18, 13:50
Hmmm did she start discussing things like hypothyroidism? (or was it worse ???)

The flapjacks and box set sound like a great idea, and yes, a bit of diazepam might have helped. Do your surgery do that online consultation thing (a lot of the larger ones do now)- you fill in the form from their website and a doctor responds in 24 hours. We have it and I've got my last two sets of lorazepam that way, you know you fill it all in saying you have 'horrendous anxiety, which is short terms cause by waiting for these results' and they will usually pop you a short prescription on. You know, you might not even need it, but sometimes it helps to know there is something as an 'escape route'.

As long as its just a mechanical internal error, lol, and nothing infection wise then thats good. Yep, weds isn't long to wait now.....I do feel for you though, the waiting is blindingly tough.

It was worse, Carys...Carcinoid. My thyroid levels are apparently normal despite the lumps.

I do have some diazepam which I save for emergencies. I had one yesterday which helped-didn't last long though! My appointment is a week on Wednesday so have a few hours and days to negotiate yet!!

Carys
30-04-18, 13:55
I thought it was another week, but when you said weds I wondered if it had moved.

Oh flippin eck, really talk about jumping the gun and freaking you out further, at a time you really really don't need it !!!!!

Carnation
30-04-18, 14:03
I thought you might go to the GP Pulisa.
You are not one to hang around wondering what something could be.
Listen, I wouldn't worry too much with the GP's comments when they are making assumptions!
Do you remember quite a while back when a GPS was suggesting I had mouth cancer, then after going to the dentist, it turned out to be a gum infection.
Only a few months ago I had a another check with a different dentist and his words were, "There is no Cancer"! GP's are good for drugs and referrals in my opinion.
Flushing is so common with anxiety. I know if you Don't Google, because it will come up with a mass of horrors, Until this particular health enquiry is dealt with, you can't obsess about other things that might be wrong with you.
Boxed Sets are just the thing you need. Once you get hooked in to those you will relax a bit better. xx

MyNameIsTerry
30-04-18, 14:50
I want a flapjack! I want a flapjack! :emot-drool:

If you get some diazepam, or stronger, I suggest shoving it in your GP's mouth to calm them down :winks:

Here's a :hugs: from me. We don't expect you to be Superwoman, although we know you expect it off yourself, so why not consult the people there to help us? It's not worked out the best this time but you've got someone better to see very soon and I don't think you should kick yourself over asking for some help.

pulisa
30-04-18, 17:50
I remember about the "mouth cancer", Carnation...A few unthinking words strike such fear xx
I had a bit of a sleep this afternoon and can think more rationally now.
Terry, I find it difficult to ask for help at the best of times but I'm seriously considering changing my GP practice now. You are right, I have got someone a lot better and specialised to see very soon. Jumping the gun is my middle name!:)

Buster70
30-04-18, 21:38
Tired and wired it's a horrible way to be , you work like mad to tire yourself out then can't sleep because your mind is still racing , pacing yourself is the best way to go just plodding on keeping busy but not running around like a lunatic .
If your hot flushes carry on pop round ours , it's freeezing there is no heating and even if there was we can't afford to have it on now the money's stopped , bring ten bob with you for the meter so we can watch eastenders make you feel at home .:D
All that housework can't be very taxing on that massive brain of yours , let the washing pile up and find some puzzles , crosswords quizzes on line , granddaughter is driving us insane with online hangman .
Well ahead of you Terrence already ate the bird and swallowed the cat to catch the bird , now the dogs looking worried, where will it all end ?
Toodle pip :)

MyNameIsTerry
01-05-18, 02:38
If they don't feel right for you, see who else is out there. It's just very hard to know what others are like. There are reviews that people leave on various sites for practices but they seem a bit few & far between.

Do you know anyone who recommends a practice? Word of mouth seems very important with this service.

Some of us struggle to approach medical professionals for help due to our mental health and some people without mental health issues are the same. Many people don't believe in bothering a doctor unless they really have to. My parents were always like that but as they have reached old age they've had less say in that as they need more support.

It's not a weakness to ask for help and it's not a weakness to be an independent type who doesn't bother doctors until they are really needed. So many people these days, and not those with anxiety, run to doctors over anything & everything. My experience of doctors is that they are quite pleased to see patients who take more responsibility in self care leaving them free to help others that need them.

---------- Post added at 02:38 ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 ----------

Well ahead of you Terrence already ate the bird and swallowed the cat to catch the bird , now the dogs looking worried, where will it all end ?

At that rate it's soon going to be squeaky bum time for Jaws! :D

Carys
01-05-18, 20:22
Hey Pulisa,

:w00t2:

Just wanted to use that emoticon.

pulisa
02-05-18, 08:14
That probably sums me up, Carys!:D Where do you find these things? I know Terry has a secret stash of them (but the Carol Vorderman one is his favourite!)

Carys
02-05-18, 10:05
This is just one from our list on this site, nearer the bottom. Terry goes off road to find his, I'm not that good.

MyNameIsTerry
03-05-18, 01:44
Which one if that?!!! :biggrin: http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t1570.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-sex.php?page=2)http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sex/t15199.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-sex.php?page=5)

But probably :whiplash:

I wonder if there is one with food in then I can have a Nigella too!!!

pulisa
03-05-18, 08:18
Dear oh dear....

Is there a Stormy Daniels one yet? (or....treason to suggest but...a Meghan Markle one?)

Elen
03-05-18, 08:42
Think we are all good at jumping the gun Pulisa and agree perhaps a change of practice is in order.

I changed mine a few years ago as I felt so uncomfortable with the one I had and I have really landed on my feet. Friendly receptionists and I can see the same GP on a regular basis, thereby making it less stressful for me.

Take the diaz if it helps, you are coping with so much at the moment that a little help is definitely in order.

Not a fan of the flap jack myself, now plain scones, hot out of the oven with butter is another matter.

Take care of yourself hun.

pulisa
03-05-18, 09:19
Thanks, Elen. I must admit I've had a terrible last few days and really thought I was going mad. I actually slept last night and my heart rate has slowed down so whatever that was hopefully I've put a lid on it.

I know I need a new GP practice as the 2 best doctors have left recently and the current bunch are rubbish. I was so annoyed by Monday's appointment. It helps so much if you have a decent experience when you have to see a doctor and I did feel that in view of my current situation things could have been handled more tactfully but hey ho..

Onwards and upwards and thanks again! The hardest thing is dealing with everything else as well..

Carys
03-05-18, 09:52
Pulisa - you know my email door is ALWAYS open - if you are suffering/struggling and really having a hard time just let off steam in my direction.

Carnation
03-05-18, 21:40
That's good news you got a good night's sleep Pulisa.
It makes all the difference. I think the biopsy day was far more stressful than you realised at the time and stress was topped up with the visit to the GP.
I know how difficult it is waiting, but if you can get some of those feel good rays of sunshine over the weekend, that will stead you for next week.
Keep watching those boxed sets and give yourself a treat. xx

Noivous
03-05-18, 22:07
My mom (God rest her soul) always said you can go quite a while without food but you can't go very long at all without sleep.

HA and lack of sleep feed one another. HA can lead to sleeplessness and sleeplessness can lead to HA. Insidious isn't it.

Glad to hear your getting some rest my friend.

Carnation
03-05-18, 23:06
My mom (God rest her soul) always said you can go quite a while without food but you can't go very long at all without sleep.

Very true Noivous, my late mum said it too.
I found that if you have trouble sleeping at night, then try a nap during the day or early evening. It is important to let the body and mind relax with all the stresses of life and anxiety!

Noivous
04-05-18, 01:54
I'm with you sweet friend. Nothing like a 20 minute cat nap to keep one purring.

:hugs:btw

pulisa
04-05-18, 08:17
Thank you all. Yes, sleep is so important to keep us on the straight and narrow and when it all goes tits-up it's amazing how you just can't rationalise at all and panic sets in. Well, this is how it goes for me anyway...

My OH is going on another golfing break to Norfolk and my son is going on holiday until Thursday so it's just me and my daughter over the long weekend. I'm going to watch the Palace v Stoke game tomorrow on TV. For Terry's sake I'm hoping for a draw!

I've got the hygienist today-might as well get my choppers gleaming!:D(those not in that jar of Steradent of course, Carys!:winks:)

Carnation
04-05-18, 10:53
Pulisa, your O/H going away has it's positives and negatives, more laundry on his return! :ohmy:
I wouldn't like to be in between you and Terry during that match tomorrow. Maybe it will be a draw and we can have united peace and if your team wins, you will have gleaming knashers to show off. :) x

pulisa
04-05-18, 18:06
I couldn't believe the amount of washing he generated over the 4 days, Carnation!!Not looking forward to the latest batch(es). He gets back on Tuesday night so I'll have plenty to distract me in the run up to Weds!! I can't stand having a backlog of washing so am a slave to that OCD washing machine!:D

Magic
04-05-18, 19:06
Oh pulisa, Good washing wishes! Just catching up. Hoping that Stoke win tomorrow though:hugs::hugs::hugs:xxx

Carys
04-05-18, 19:12
Well, this is certainly going to be the weekend for washing, what a stunner its going to be. Pulisa, I know you are finding it hard to think beyond your appointment this week, and it is the massive brick wall ahead of you. You do know though, that there is and will be a 'beyond' this appointment! I don't know if it helps you, but even if any of our worst fears come true and we hear things we don't want to hear, you will walk out of that room and life will continue. For some people there are treatments they will need, but life carries on and beyond those treatments. Rightho, I'm not sure I'm making a whole heap of sense here - just speaking from experience of what kind of worked for me at a point in life, thinking beyond the brick wall. The sun will still rise, the birds will still sing, the washing will still need doing...:winks:

You know we are all absolutely behind you and with you as much as we can be, in this virtual form, and I know that you WILL cope with whatever is thrown your way. You have every chance of this being a simple and easily sorted issuexxx

pulisa
04-05-18, 20:05
Of course there is life beyond Wednesday and you are right, this is easily treatable even worst case scenario.
To be honest, Carys, this has been a positive thing for me because I was running myself ragged with my own stupid compulsions and standards beforehand and my reaction to this has been nothing short of way over the top. Consequently I am living with my adrenaline button stuck on high, my intercostal neuralgia has flared up and I feel awful. Totally self-induced. Plenty of people-including you- deal with a whole lot more and come through it. So will I.

Thank you for caring xxx

Carys
04-05-18, 20:13
this has been a positive thing for me because I was running myself ragged with my own stupid compulsions and standards beforehand and my reaction to this has been nothing short of way over the top. Consequently I am living with my adrenaline button stuck on high, my intercostal neuralgia has flared up and I feel awful.

OK, Im not quite understanding - how has this been a positive ? I kind of think where you might be going with this....but a wee bit confused...

pulisa
04-05-18, 20:44
It has forced me to reassess just how stressed I was before all this. I have to keep 3 people going and I'm going to look after myself more after this.

Carnation
05-05-18, 00:12
It sometimes takes a shock to give you a wake up call about looking after yourself and not others 24/7. From my own experience, I make myself more selfish, can say "NO!" to the things I can't or don't want to do, give myself rest and 'Me' time and stop bashing myself up over things that I feel responsible for, which is not my responsibility at all. It's that old saying, 'Something good, comes out of something bad'.
Carys has given some wise words and she is right that there is support for you here, no matter how the land lies. x

swajj
05-05-18, 02:22
Pulisa, I’m sorry you are having to go through this. I know reassurance seeking is not recommended when you have HA but you are dealing with a real medical issue and your doctor’s bedside manner sucks. The hot flushes are more than likely a result of your understandable anxiety about the results of the biopsies. Throughout my entire anxiety ridden years I suffered with hot flushes brought on by my fear of having one condition or another. So there is every chance that is what is causing your hot flushes. You are right about nasty thyroid conditions being easy to treat. I’m keeping you in my thoughts. xx

pulisa
05-05-18, 08:13
Thank you so much, swajj and Carnation.
Yesterday was unbearable so I took some of my emergency diazepam. I know that these horrible flushes have only started since I had the biopsies and are much more likely the result of adrenaline overload. The diazepam has made me calm enough to accept that in the cold light of day.
Whatever happens I will cope and so will my family. I am certainly not indispensable!:DI keep hearing my Dad's words "don't buckle" and this will see me through. I have overreacted badly and I'm angry with myself-this is my mistake though because by being angry and agitated I'm just making things worse.
Today I'm going to watch Palace on TV even if I have to chain myself to the settee! I don't have to pick my daughter up until 3pm so no excuses!

Carys
05-05-18, 08:57
Ah yes, reevaluating your life - this type of thing does that - know that sentiment. I also agree, and my own mantra is that something good ALWAYS comes out of something bad, you just have to open your eyes and you will see it.

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 ----------

Plenty of people-including you- deal with a whole lot more and come through it. So will I.

I think you are devaluing your own experience here, and how anybody would find this frightening. Anyone who has had biopsies, and been playing the waiting game has been in the same boat as someone who has been diagnosed with something 'unpleasant' at the end of the wait. This is really tough, not knowing and waiting.

Carnation
05-05-18, 14:25
Today's match result will put a swing in your step Pulisa. x

pulisa
05-05-18, 17:33
Well.....of course I'm delighted but Stoke have been relegated now. Condolences to Magic and Terry-I'm sure the Potters will bounce back next season. My team are safe from relegation for another season- a miracle really. Sorry to be a football bore though.

BikerMatt
05-05-18, 17:38
You'll be happy about Brighton then:madness:

pulisa
05-05-18, 17:41
Yes because that's a guaranteed 6 points for Palace next season!

Eagles eat Seagulls for breakfast!

COYP!:D

Buster70
05-05-18, 19:01
I get a vision of you smashing a glass panel on a red box on the wall for your emergency diazepam, I don't know why we see it as a failure to take one every now and then , if you get a pain you don't worry about taking a paracetamol, I've been taking the cbd oil and my partner did make a coment one day saying " why the f**k are you so jolly ?" So maybe it works ( or I believe it works ' who cares which ) .
That husband of yours leaving you alone to go and play golf you should put his balls in a woodchiper , although my partner would jump for joy if I buggered off for while :D
So this COYP you keep mentioning I think Ive had it before but darnt google it incase its life threatening, not sure what the symptoms are but I bet I have all of them .
Keep on keeping on soon be wash day .:hugs:

pulisa
05-05-18, 19:33
I put the first wash on at 515am every day, Buster. I get through a hell of a lot of clothes/sheets etc-I hate having a "backlog". Aren't I boring?:D

COYP= Come On You Palace! Pride of Sarf London!

Diazepam makes me feel normal again-whatever normal is for me. I suppose it means I can sit down and not be agitated to the point where it's unbearable and I can't do anything but I can't keep still and there is no way of escape or relief.

Carnation
05-05-18, 19:42
Although I am pleased for you and your team Pulisa, because it was the tonic and positivity you need right now, I do obviously feel for Terry and his team, didn't know Magic was a supporter as well.
I used to have that laundry problem, I felt like I was a machine as well. I took it very seriously and had a conveyor belt and a system that no one could interfere with. :D

pulisa
05-05-18, 19:47
I'm like that too. I once asked my son to open the door after the wash had finished and he didn't realise that there was a 2 minute wait before the door opened..
He wrenched the door off! Never again!:D

Magic
05-05-18, 19:56
Hi pulisa , Carnation , Hope you see this. I was gutted. Happy for your team pulisa though.
I used to take my daughter to Stoke football. It was free for me as a carer.
I never thought I would be able to sit in a crowd of so many people. But it was something I had to do. I did it.
Tony Pulis was manager of Stoke then.
He never should have gone.
I listen to the matches on the radio and Praise and Grumble after.
Best Wishes to all xxxxx

pulisa
05-05-18, 20:26
It's always horrible when your team is relegated. I'm sorry Palace had to be the team who effectively relegated them but Stoke have had a dire season. I'm sure they will be back in the Prem soon, Magic-it's sad for the town as well but sometimes the team comes back stronger after a clearout of all the divas and mercenaries.

Buster70
05-05-18, 21:11
I was pulling your chain on the copd sorry coyp but glad you took a small amount of pleasure in worrying time .
My partner is the same with washing , I take off some clothes go for shower come out look in the wardrobe and they are washed dried and ironed , it's scary :D I sometimes look on the line and I don't even know who's clothes they are , not ours that's for sure .
She's in her element now it's sunny so clothes can dry outside .:D

Carnation
06-05-18, 21:51
Hi Magic :), I am so sorry for your team and Terry, of course. x

Buster, it is so hot now, that by the time your O/H has pinned up the last thing on the line, the first will be ready to come in. :D

Oh God, Pulisa, your son must be strong to have done that. I bet he got a fright. :scared15:

pulisa
07-05-18, 08:08
His nickname is "Demolition Man":D He's very accident-prone and has a reputation for breaking things! He was only trying to help though. His talents definitely don't include fixing stuff!:D

Buster70
07-05-18, 11:28
His nickname is "Demolition Man":D He's very accident-prone and has a reputation for breaking things! He was only trying to help though. His talents definitely don't include fixing stuff!:D

Sounds a lot like my grandson sledgehammer, the other week my mum gave me an old ornament she'd found out , she said it's been in a box since your dad died and we moved , I put it on the front seat of the van walked round strapped grandson in , walked back got in and he looked at me sheepish , I look down at the ornament and she no longer has a head well she had but its rolling around the seat , I just said "did you break that ?" And he said "yes " I just said "well at least you're honest grandad will fix it later " it's on my list , they bring everything to me even though they have two more grandads .:D

BikerMatt
08-05-18, 16:27
All the best for tomorrow Pulisa.

Will be thinking of you!!:hugs:

pulisa
08-05-18, 18:04
Thank you, Matt!

Buster70
08-05-18, 20:24
All the best for tomorrow Pulisa.

Will be thinking of you!!:hugs:

What he said up above ( not god Matt ) :)
I'll keep em crossed for you :hugs: ( fingers not legs )

pulisa
08-05-18, 20:48
Only for a few minutes, Buster! Thank you and I will update tomorrow.

I just wanted to thank everyone for supporting me through these looooonnngggg 2 weeks! Whatever I'm told tomorrow it's got to be better than not knowing:hugs:

Carnation
08-05-18, 22:15
Can't believe it's that time already!
Good Luck for tomorrow Pulisa. x

swajj
09-05-18, 10:45
Good luck from me as well pulisa. xx

Elen
09-05-18, 11:38
Everything crossed for you Pulisa

Carys
09-05-18, 12:11
Everyone is thinking of you Pulisa. :)

KK77
09-05-18, 13:43
Hoping for positive outcome, Cmrd P.

MyNameIsTerry
09-05-18, 14:21
Hoping for some good news for you too :flowers:

pulisa
09-05-18, 16:45
The news is very good as regards the 3 lumps which have all come back as benign growths. I'm not quite out of the woods yet as he wants to test for Carcinoid cancer because of the flushing. This could also be as a result of my thyroid becoming overactive because of the stress I've been under so I've had this retested today. The overheating at night is particularly suggestive of this.
I'm having the lumps rescanned in 6 months-he said I could have my thyroid taken out now but this would involve being on meds for life and I don't want that if it's not necessary medically.
I'm hoping that my thyroid will settle down now and the overheating/flushing will stop. I still feel really anxious but it'll take a while for me to calm down after so much adrenaline pumping through me!

Thank you all so much:hugs:2 more weeks to wait for the Carcinoid results but best to cover all possibilities, I suppose.

BikerMatt
09-05-18, 16:54
So pleased that the growths are benign:)

How did/do they test for Carinoid cancer?

Pulisa, The last thing you wan't is your thyroid taken if you can avoid it. A mate of mine was actually born without one and it causes him problems. Just let them keep an eye on it.

Well done for working through this!:hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
09-05-18, 17:58
That's excellent news!!! http://yoursmiles.org/hsmile/jump/h13034.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/h-jump.php?page=2)

It's not surprising you need some time to regroup after this. Feet up for a bit, if you've finished washing all those weirdly patterned golf trousers :winks:

If something doesn't really need to come out it makes sense to wait until it does, if ever, rather than go through elective surgery as that is going to be an anxious event. It may get bumped too so you may need to be prepared for a bit of back & forth malarkey with the NHS.

Do you take thyroid meds? I've always had the impression from those on here that do that they come with their own problems for anxiety sufferers.

Carnation
09-05-18, 18:10
That is good news Pulisa.
Just so you know and it might put your anxiety to rest a bit. I suffer with hot flushing and I have thyroid problems. The dentist pointed it out to me and I told him that that I get swollen when I am stressed or low in myself. I've had it for decades as did my gran. It doesn't bother me too much, but when bad it can make me feel rough and the best thing for me is sleeping it off.
It might turn out the same for you.
It must have been a very anxious and scary day for you today, so make sure you give yourself some tlc. x :hugs:

Carys
09-05-18, 18:16
It may get bumped too so you may need to be prepared for a bit of back & forth malarkey with the NHS.

Ey what Terry? Her throat could get bumped ?

MyNameIsTerry
09-05-18, 18:21
Ey what Terry? Her throat could get bumped ?

Yep, it's in NICE guidelines now. Stage 1 treatment Bumps Therapy

http://yoursmiles.org/hsmile/jump/h13034.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/h-jump.php?page=2)http://yoursmiles.org/hsmile/jump/h13034.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/h-jump.php?page=2)http://yoursmiles.org/hsmile/jump/h13034.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/h-jump.php?page=2)

Carys
09-05-18, 18:25
Okkayyy I thought it meant it could get physically bumped, like whacked :roflmao:

However, I'm still not understanding what this means, not that I need to as its Pulisa's condition and her thread.....:roflmao:

BikerMatt
09-05-18, 19:20

http://yoursmiles.org/hsmile/jump/h13034.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/h-jump.php?page=2)http://yoursmiles.org/hsmile/jump/h13034.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/h-jump.php?page=2)http://yoursmiles.org/hsmile/jump/h13034.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/h-jump.php?page=2)

Bul#$it NICE guidelines stage 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 are fob off's then stage 8 is try the kiss it better therapy:D

MyNameIsTerry
10-05-18, 02:55
Okkayyy I thought it meant it could get physically bumped, like whacked :roflmao:

However, I'm still not understanding what this means, not that I need to as its Pulisa's condition and her thread.....:roflmao:

Didn't you ever have the bumps when it was your birthday?

But my original point was about getting shunted back down the queue as electives often do and with the NHS how it is right now that's likely even more frequent than before.

---------- Post added at 02:55 ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 ----------

Bul#$it NICE guidelines stage 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 are fob off's then stage 8 is try the kiss it better therapy:D

Stage 8 isn't always as good as it sounds :winks:

https://images.esellerpro.com/2466/I/590/05/lrgscale810568.jpg
https://images.esellerpro.com/2466/I/590/05/lrgscale810568-back.jpg

:noangel::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

swajj
10-05-18, 12:46
So glad it turned out ok pulisa. I think it will turn out that the flushing is being caused by your anxiety. xx

pulisa
10-05-18, 14:04
I'm sure it will,swajj. I think he's just being thorough. I'm doing the urine collection today to get it out the way. I think with me it takes a while for the anxiety to die down so I've got to expect these weird symptoms and not panic xx

BikerMatt
10-05-18, 15:38
Didn't you ever have the bumps when it was your birthday?

But my original point was about getting shunted back down the queue as electives often do and with the NHS how it is right now that's likely even more frequent than before.

---------- Post added at 02:55 ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 ----------

Stage 8 isn't always as good as it sounds :winks:

https://images.esellerpro.com/2466/I/590/05/lrgscale810568.jpg
https://images.esellerpro.com/2466/I/590/05/lrgscale810568-back.jpg

:noangel::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Sexy!

JaneS
10-05-18, 17:12
Hi Pulisa

I’m so glad you got a good result today, that’s great news. Thanks for your support to me as well, especially when you have got your own issues to deal with. You are very kind.

pulisa
10-05-18, 18:03
Not at all, Jane. I might be able to offer advice but believe me, I'm a quivering wreck myself when it comes to the crunch:D

On a lighter note, blimey the amount of wee I'm producing is ridiculous! Thank goodness they gave me 2 containers! How on earth am I going to get this lot discreetly into the Path Lab tomorrow?!!!

Carys
10-05-18, 18:07
How much do they need ????

Buster70
10-05-18, 18:19
Hi , sorry for the late reply ( not doing too good ) glad the results were ok :) I know there is still a cloud over you but at least it's a bit smaller so hopefully a little light will come through , if you need me to cross my fingers in the future just let me know .
So it's you throwing pop bottles of what looks like irn-bru out of your window at motorway roundabouts , you're taking the pith .:D

pulisa
10-05-18, 19:40
How much do they need ????

24 hours worth! I've still got tonight to get through and it's looking like I'll need the second container!

I'm surprised my son doesn't want to put a picture of it up on Facebook!

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Hi , sorry for the late reply ( not doing too good ) glad the results were ok :) I know there is still a cloud over you but at least it's a bit smaller so hopefully a little light will come through , if you need me to cross my fingers in the future just let me know .
So it's you throwing pop bottles of what looks like irn-bru out of your window at motorway roundabouts , you're taking the pith .:D

Buster, thanks for your kind words even though you are going through hell yourself.

Bigboyuk
10-05-18, 19:41
Sexy! Stop it you pair :D Yeah loose the boobs and tights :roflmao: LOL

Carys
10-05-18, 20:11
24 hours worth !!!! What on earth....like all of it ???

pulisa
10-05-18, 20:13
24 hours worth !!!! What on earth....like all of it ???

Every last drop!

Carnation
10-05-18, 20:37
What???!! At this rate Pulisa, you'll need a bucket! :ohmy:

BikerMatt
10-05-18, 20:38
Every last drop!

Bloody hell i'd need a wheelbarrow!

pulisa
10-05-18, 20:45
Or a weebarrow!:D

Carys
10-05-18, 21:32
Why do they need so much.....I don't get it....I mean do you have to separate each wee ? Are they all chucked in together into a massive bottle ?

MyNameIsTerry
11-05-18, 01:42
My backpack would come in handy...

http://www.noroip.com/invented4you/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Dual-Tank-Drink-Backpack.jpg

...:yesyes:

pulisa
11-05-18, 08:16
I could do with one of these, Terry!:D

Carys ,they need a 24 hour collection to measure serotonin and adrenaline output (produced in high numbers by specific tumours). I'm sure my adrenaline count will be high!! I don't want to research too much into it for obvious reasons...

Carnation
11-05-18, 10:19
How on earth are they going to get a diagnosis when you suffer with anxiety which effects your adrenaline levels?
Surely they would be high just doing this exercise? :shrug:

pulisa
11-05-18, 13:21
I'm just hoping adrenaline in wee is different from adrenaline in the bloodstream otherwise I'm in trouble.

Carys
11-05-18, 19:21
Well, yeah.....:shrug:

So, did you transport your urine in vats to the doctor ?

pulisa
11-05-18, 19:51
My son kindly drove me. Going over the speed bumps was fun!

Walk of Shame to Path Lab but Mission Accomplished!

Now one of my guinea pigs has gut stasis so emergency dash to vets. Syringe feeding tonight and back at 830am tomorrow for check and another gut motility injection.

Carys
11-05-18, 20:13
Going over the speed bumps was fun!

For future consideration - you can put a lid on something to transport it ?! :roflmao:

BUT WHAT did you carry it in - I need to know.

Sorry about piggly wiggly, thats very troubling for these little herbivores when that happens. What do they think the cause is for the little fur baby ? Ingested fur ?

pulisa
11-05-18, 21:03
2 Tesco Bags For Life!

The containers were like the ones for mega screenwash that you can buy at garage shops.

No idea what caused the gut stasis-they both have a hay based diet with grass and minimal guinea pig Excel mix. Long fibre is ideal for them. Sometimes these things just happen. There is no obvious blockage-just bloating. It's serious with small furries so best to take action straight away. (You know this of course)

(He's probably picked up on my stress...I do hope not)

Carys
11-05-18, 21:25
Yeah, I know it is indeed serious and quick action is needed, as soon as you realise there is an inkling of an issue. That is exactly the diet my guineas had, lots of grazing, hay and excel. I do hope he's going to be ok, and you see some 'action' really soon.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise they had given you bottles - I was imagining you'd had to buy and wash out huge plastic lemonade bottles or something. That was what the 'what did you carry it in' question was about. LOL

MyNameIsTerry
12-05-18, 01:54
I would have gone on the bus. Guaranteed to get your own seats!!! :yesyes: And I would tell everyone I just carry it round with me, it's not for any tests. :roflmao: I hear train seats are a premium down your end of the country so this could work!

I hope the piggy are feeling better soon. Hopefully it will resolve itself very soon. If he goes from constipated to non stop flushing out you just know he's been reading this thread over your shoulder :winks:

Carnation
12-05-18, 11:28
Those Surrey bumps are a real pain!
You must have felt strange holding those containers Pulisa. Seems really excessive though. Especially when your day's wee is mixed up. What's the average in a day? 7 or 8 times? I know my colour differs throughout the day. Surreal talking about wee, but it reveals so much.
Hope your piggy is doing OK? x

pulisa
12-05-18, 13:07
They are testing for specific tumours-carcinoid and adrenal- so need a day's worth. I don't really understand why other than a one-off sample may not show tumour activity at the time and they need to look at the whole 24 hour picture? I'm just guessing though. I'm sure my adrenal one will be positive due to stress.

My pig is much better this morning thanks. I had to take him first thing for another gut motility injection but the vet was really pleased that he had responded so quickly to treatment and syringe feeding.

PS I don't really want to research these tests online because I'm scared stiff as to what I will unearth.

Elen
12-05-18, 13:13
Sorry Pulisa but the thought of you walking around with 24 hours worth of pee does make me laugh.

So sorry to hear about your guinea, glad things are looking up, when he is up and running feel free to tell him how rubbish his timing was.

You are right not to google, whatever your results show you will deal with it, that is what you do honey, and you do not have the option.

Like everyone else, I will keep everything crossed for you.

Carnation
12-05-18, 13:57
No, don't research online. I stupidly did that this morning and it came up with Cancer and heart attack! :scared15: That's my symptoms, not yours.
Pleased about you piggy. :)

Carys
12-05-18, 14:02
I stupidly did that this morning and it came up with Cancer and heart attack! :scared15: That's my symptoms, not yours.
Ha ha, for the first part of that sentence I seriously thought you were letting Pulisa know the outcome of your searching on her behalf - helpful not. :roflmao:

So glad piggly wiggly is on the up - Were you syringe feeding that water soluble rescue feed stuff, argg, whatsit called ? You had a lucky escape there if he is responding, as you will know. Same problem that poor bunnies get too at times.

Carnation
12-05-18, 17:10
I would never do that to anyone Carys :sad:
I am far too sensitive for that.

pulisa
12-05-18, 18:12
Sorry Pulisa but the thought of you walking around with 24 hours worth of pee does make me laugh.

So sorry to hear about your guinea, glad things are looking up, when he is up and running feel free to tell him how rubbish his timing was.

You are right not to google, whatever your results show you will deal with it, that is what you do honey, and you do not have the option.

Like everyone else, I will keep everything crossed for you.

Thank you so much, Elen. You're right, there's no choice but to deal with whatever. Hopefully it will be nowt but anxiety symptoms but I couldn't have just said no to the tests as they were advised by the Endocrinologist.

My pig is eating and running around happily now. It WAS extremely bad timing-I think he did it on purpose because he's a feisty so-and-so :D

Carys
12-05-18, 18:37
Gosh yeah, you have to have it all done now, any necessary weewee tests.

So glad pig is happy and healthy again, he was attention-seeking I think ?

pulisa
12-05-18, 19:20
I think he was! I tend to take Felix for granted as he is only 13 months old and has always been very healthy.
I had a lovely rabbit who was always going into gut stasis despite having an ideal diet. I got him from the RSPCA-I suppose you never know "history". I'm quite an expert on gut stasis even though I say so myself!:D

MyNameIsTerry
14-05-18, 03:12
Glad to hear Felix is back on form and chomping though his toilet rolls :yesyes::yahoo:

pulisa
14-05-18, 08:10
Not sure he should be chomping on loo rolls, Terry. That's something Primrose the gerbil always enjoyed! Felix prefers his grass, hay and assorted veg!

Carys
14-05-18, 11:34
I'm quite an expert on gut stasis even though I say so myself!:biggrin:

I don't doubt it, the evidence is your quick response, treatment and the recovery of your little boy. (its not easy to deal with, as we know!)

MyNameIsTerry
14-05-18, 14:34
You can tell I know nothing about gut motility and cute furries...other than them being very cute :biggrin:

I am better at predicting human gut issues with an opposite reaction though and I suspect there will be an epidemic level of it this week...

https://assets.bigcartel.com/product_images/44105147/BLUESICK.jpg

...:winks:

Carys
14-05-18, 14:51
That bag is unuseable as its from 2011, how can you use a sick bag that isn't correctly dated?! Shame as, I would have happily vommed in it.

MyNameIsTerry
14-05-18, 15:22
I don't believe in Best Before dates :biggrin: Draw some ginger hair on him and put a Major's rank on the arms :whistles: and it will be fine.

I can predict my Emot Of The Day thread entry...:emot-puke::roflmao:

I'm just wondering what her nutty family will cause in the day? Her dad tries to pull the Queen? Perhaps he & Phil will hit the tequila slammers? :biggrin:

pulisa
14-05-18, 18:01
I love the way they style MM as a blushing young bride...FFS, she's pushing forty, is a failed actress and has enough "history" to keep gossip columnists going for years!
I wonder how much her ex husband has been paid to keep schtum?
Kate and William had better keep producing brats to prevent any possible succession issues!:D Queen Victoria would not have been amused at all!

Buster70
14-05-18, 20:09
Secretly I bet you are busy ironing your Union Jack frock in a hope that someone might pull out and you get a last minute invite :D
Let them all eat cake :roflmao:

pulisa
14-05-18, 20:50
Hell no. Windsor is a dump-full of tacky shit and tourists. I'd rather have a bowl of Coco Pops..

Buster70
14-05-18, 22:14
If you had one rotten tomato which Royal would you put in the stocks ? I'd be stuck between prince Philip or prince Andrew , tough choice :D

Carnation
14-05-18, 22:24
Prince Edward for me Buster. :D

BikerMatt
14-05-18, 22:54
Prince Charles for me Buster, but i would also like to shove my boot that far up his arse people would think Dr Martens have started making hats:D

MyNameIsTerry
15-05-18, 01:47
If you had one rotten tomato which Royal would you put in the stocks ? I'd be stuck between prince Philip or prince Andrew , tough choice :D

Easy, Andrew. Always keen to want more money with the Queen & Prince Charles saying no chance. Now trying to get more cash for his daughters so they don't have to find their own money. :mad:

...and I hollow out my tomatoes and "infuse" them with a dog's doings :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 01:47 ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 ----------

I love the way they style MM as a blushing young bride...FFS, she's pushing forty, is a failed actress and has enough "history" to keep gossip columnists going for years!
I wonder how much her ex husband has been paid to keep schtum?
Kate and William had better keep producing brats to prevent any possible succession issues!:D Queen Victoria would not have been amused at all!

Hell no. Windsor is a dump-full of tacky shit and tourists. I'd rather have a bowl of Coco Pops..

Have they managed to boot all the beggars out for the big day? :winks:

Have any of us had a personal invitation to come & stand outside to wave at them, we commoners? At least extras get paid in the movie game. I had to decline mine as I had already earmarked the day for giving the bins a good disinfecting. :yesyes:

I never thought much of Suits of what I saw, I did used to watch LA Law and some of the UK ones though. I'm the same with hospital dramas, stopped at ER ad they just saturate the genre.

She's a very attractive woman but really a nobody out there surely? Yet they've made her out to be some big Hollywood type. :shrug:

Her dad is no longer attending due to a heart attack? I suppose that saves them banning him for his recent newspaper stunt :winks: Reading about her family I can just see them all suing each other on Judge Judy (Judge Judy getting more annoyed and telling them to shut up all the time, with some ur hum's from Burt).

Kate seems to have been turned into the Queen alien in the Alien films, she's a baby making machine at the moment.

The first Queen Lizzie would have had some heads off by now :yesyes:

Carys
15-05-18, 06:15
Have they managed to boot all the beggars out for the big day? I know someone who works there, Windsor that is, and its absolute hell with transport there at the moment. Infact many people have given up trying to get to work (if they can work from home) in the last couple of weeks. They are tarting up everything on the carriage route - and - and this made me want to puke - in some areas they have ONLY resurfaced and sorted sides of the road where the carriage will be going and NOT the other side of the road. Road blocks,road works, general messing around scraping the evidence of normal life off the area - it just gets me worked up waarggghhh.

I had to decline mine as I had already earmarked the day for giving the bins a good disinfecting. :yesyes:
ROFL !!!

Now there's a plan, national bin disinfecting day to mark the event.

As for the tomato question....that would be easy for me too...Andrew.

pulisa
15-05-18, 08:15
Wouldn't it be good if they called the whole thing off on Friday?:D
The Markle family would make good soap opera material-convenient that Dad has now allegedly had a "heart attack".
Hope James Hewitt has had an invite?
That arrogant freeloader Andrew is also my choice for the stocks.
Incredible what is happening in Windsor, Carys. I do hope the oxygen used by the commoners on Saturday doesn't affect the Royal Couple too desperately...

Carys
15-05-18, 08:22
I do hope the oxygen used by the commoners on Saturday doesn't affect the Royal Couple too desperately...

I think people have been told to hold their breath whilst anyone royal is around, that was the directive I saw. All these peeps in their head to toe union flag gear, faces painted, waving little plastic flags and silly hats...they will be fainting....

pulisa
15-05-18, 08:40
I think people have been told to hold their breath whilst anyone royal is around, that was the directive I saw. All these peeps in their head to toe union flag gear, faces painted, waving little plastic flags and silly hats...they will be fainting....

Hopefully they will faint on the "right" side of the road and not taint the carriage route..

Noivous
15-05-18, 11:32
Being an American, though with some roots in The UK, I really don't have a dog in this fight. But I do love history so here are a few candidates to receive a snoot full of tomato:

https://www.redstate.com/diary/scipio62/2011/10/04/10-worst-kings-and-queens-of-england-and-the-united-kingdom/

Buster70
15-05-18, 14:36
I think we're gona need a BIGGER tomato :D I'm not invited to the wedding but I've reserved a place for the divorce in six months :roflmao:
Why is Elton John not on that list of horrible Queens ?

BikerMatt
15-05-18, 17:34
I think we're gona need a BIGGER tomato :D I'm not invited to the wedding but I've reserved a place for the divorce in six months :roflmao:

Buster that Elton John comment is ferkin hilarious!!!!

Might aswell line them all up. A gatling gun full of rotten tomatoes should suffice:winks:

Buster70
15-05-18, 20:46
:roflmao: wasnt expecting that pic of Elton , pretty sure if i tried real hard I still couldn't care any less about the wedding :D

MyNameIsTerry
16-05-18, 02:19
I know someone who works there, Windsor that is, and its absolute hell with transport there at the moment. Infact many people have given up trying to get to work (if they can work from home) in the last couple of weeks. They are tarting up everything on the carriage route - and - and this made me want to puke - in some areas they have ONLY resurfaced and sorted sides of the road where the carriage will be going and NOT the other side of the road. Road blocks,road works, general messing around scraping the evidence of normal life off the area - it just gets me worked up waarggghhh.

Aha! Now I know how to get all these potholes fixed in my city (reported as the worst in the UK on the news a few weeks back) we just have to get some toffs toddling around in a carriage and the council will fall over their own drooling tongues to sort it out.

So, how many libraries are they shutting down to fund all that one. Carys? :winks:

---------- Post added at 02:15 ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 ----------

Being an American, though with some roots in The UK, I really don't have a dog in this fight. But I do love history so here are a few candidates to receive a snoot full of tomato:

https://www.redstate.com/diary/scipio62/2011/10/04/10-worst-kings-and-queens-of-england-and-the-united-kingdom/

You can join us in the anti-Andrew club, remember he was linked to Epstein :winks:

---------- Post added at 02:17 ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 ----------

:roflmao: wasnt expecting that pic of Elton , pretty sure if i tried real hard I still couldn't care any less about the wedding :D

Is it just me or does he kind of make it work? :whistles:

---------- Post added at 02:19 ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 ----------

MI5 have said he can't attend as he's a security risk. Everyone should know the last thing you need around a candle is wind http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/toilet/t9717.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-toilet.php)

pulisa
23-05-18, 08:36
Just a brief update-I'm still waiting for my carcinoid and adrenal urine test results but was expecting a 2 week wait.
I've started taking amitriptyline for my thoracic spine/rib/chest neuropathic pain. Terrible agitation for the past few days but I managed to sleep last night so hoping for better things from now on. I got my OH to take me to A&E on Monday night at midnight but as soon as we walked in I realised this was a bad move so we came home again-I know I shouldn't have gone because the only person who can help me is myself.
I've got to drag myself up from this mess of utter panic and agitation because it's not fair on my family. I've got to learn to deal with pain more rationally. I think if I write this down on here it will help me to stick at it and not "buckle" (as my Dad would have said).

Carnation
23-05-18, 09:53
Oh Pulisa, it is fully understandable how you are feeling.
You seem to be constantly waiting for results, you are in pain and you have anxiety in the mix. I think having a thread like this is a good idea. It will help you with sharing and comparing and a bit of light humour from time to time is always an uplift. Don't be so hard on yourself. :hugs:x

pulisa
23-05-18, 12:57
Thank you so much, Carnation. I've always bottled things up but it's not a good thing. I guess this is just a very testing time for me in all ways!!
I think the hardest thing for me is trying to pretend I'm ok with my daughter-I really don't want to make her anxiety worse.
It's her birthday in 3 weeks and I'd like to think that things will be a lot more manageable by then.
Thanks so much again for your kind and thoughtful post:hugs:

Buster70
23-05-18, 13:21
Hey I think we've all done the trip to A&E and straight back again , I think sometimes just smelling the hospital is enough to make you think do I really need to be here .
It's not often you bring up your troubles so bring it on , it's bloody hard work acting normal all day when you are anything but .
Catch you later just stopped for a cuppa and to have a look at my newly blackend thumbnail which is throbbing and now matches my pinky , soon have a full set of black nails , quite fashionable for lady but not a bloke :hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-18, 02:15
You can't be Superwoman all the time, pulisa. We know you have to keep this hidden from your daughter but I do hope your partner is there for you in ways you need it (as long as you've finished washing the golf trousers, priorities :winks:).

Starting meds when you are like this is tough. Then some meds just make it more intense and it can be hard to cope. But you will. Sometimes it hits a peak and you somehow learn to accept it's just going to be a shit day today so bite down hard and hope for tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and it's the same and you fight through each minute all over again feeling how soul destroying it is. But then you get through it.

But if it's just too much then get your doctor involved again. It's very easy on this side of the screen blurting out some obvious advice that you will already know anyway and a very different thing being in the situation itself. http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/hug/t4614.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-hug.php):flowers:

Fix bayonets and over the top!!! http://yoursmiles.org/psmile/military/p0282.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/p-military.php?page=4)

---------- Post added at 02:15 ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 ----------

Hey I think we've all done the trip to A&E and straight back again , I think sometimes just smelling the hospital is enough to make you think do I really need to be here .
It's not often you bring up your troubles so bring it on , it's bloody hard work acting normal all day when you are anything but .
Catch you later just stopped for a cuppa and to have a look at my newly blackend thumbnail which is throbbing and now matches my pinky , soon have a full set of black nails , quite fashionable for lady but not a bloke :hugs:

Are you turning Metrosexual? Any other worrying symptoms e.g. mascara? :D

Could be worse, you could be turning hipster :ohmy:

pulisa
24-05-18, 08:16
I hope those black nails aren't the result of keeping your fingers crossed for all that time, Buster!

Thanks, Terry. I know you know all about these "challenging" days (understatement of the year!:D) Every day is a day towards feeling better. I don't honestly have much faith in my GP as regards advice re amitriptyline because she just said I could take 1 or 2 10mg pills straightaway- I've been really struggling on 5mg but I know how I react so I'm pleased I cut the pills in half and will increase very gradually.

Have managed to delegate shirt ironing to my OH- a major achievement for me but I've done it!:D

Carnation
24-05-18, 10:49
My mum, who was quite an expert on medication, mainly through her own experiences, always weaned on and off of drugs despite what the Doctor said. She often took a half of this and that pill, mainly because of side effects. She actually kept a book on all the meds she took and how they affected her.
You know your own body and learn through experience what is best for you.
I know too well what it is like acting as if you are ok in front of family members. Mr C's mum would be having one of her dementia moments and I would have pain shooting through my head and adrenaline rushing through my legs and she would asking me where her mum and dad was at the age of 91.
If you try to concentrate on the the birthday with your daughter as appose to her demands, that helps.
See it as a day for you too. x
As for the 'shirt' front. What a coincidence!
I have just done the same with my O/H. :D
My pet hate and he actually enjoys it. Strange man. :D

Buster, isn't there a film about a black finger nail?
Think it is a 'Carry On' film.

Buster70
24-05-18, 15:17
There nothing hip , big or clever about hitting or trapping your fingers and blackening your nails Ive done it so many times I know roughly when my nail will drop off ( months not weeks ) .
Pulisa I have amitriptyline for my knackered back , I'm not a fan and did google it , it can be taken as an antidepressant or for sleeping and pain relief, sounds like a miracle one tablet fits all , I take half of one after telling the nurse it zonked me out and I felt too sluggish the next day , half does me and I dont take them unless the pain is bad and I can't sleep with it , I don't notice any withdrawal from stop starting with it , I only take them at night as they can make you feel a bit bluuurrrr jelly wibbly wobbly ( sorry that's medical jargon) .
Half of my problem is I think I'll have a bad time on any med so I imagine it's doing things that it's not , I'm getting on ok with CBD oil it seems to work and I have the advantage that I have no sense of smell so pretty much no taste either , I'm told it tastes foul .
Take care :)

BikerMatt
24-05-18, 16:10
Just caught up with this thread Pulisa.

Sorry you're having a hard time. It's no wonder with what you've had going on recently. Can't add to what others have said but sending a:hugs:

pulisa
24-05-18, 16:22
Thank you Carnation, Buster and Matt!

I reckon I could always contact that half-sibling of HRH Meghan Bloody Markle who runs the cannabis farm...:D
I want to try and persevere with the amitriptyline but very gradually..I know I need a bit of help to get out of this blip and seeing as midazolam isn't an option I've got to find a way! :D

Carys
24-05-18, 17:24
Hiyer PUlisa,

sorry not been around much last few days, or posting on your thread, got a hand injury and typing one-handed. It can't be much longer the wait now can it...days only ?

pulisa
24-05-18, 19:18
Oh that sounds really painful, Carys-I hope it soon gets better xx

I'm sure I'll hear soon but I need to do some work on getting my anxiety level down. I'm sure my adrenaline supply must run out soon but with me it can go on for ages :D I'm just looking forward to feeling exhausted!

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-18, 05:06
You know plenty about how these meds can affect us lot so your judgement counts more for me as GP's are very trigger happy with meds. Testing the water is better than going full steam into it and being on the end of full strength side effects. And with you being someone who suffers agitation a lot, being cautious with meds that impact on that is the smart way.

HRH MM was lucky her relatives weren't there otherwise it could have been like the first scene of the film Stir Crazy when Richard Pryor's bag of hash went in the salad. :roflmao:

pulisa
25-05-18, 08:14
I think it was very significant that her Mum was the only family member deemed "safe" to put on public display! Her ex-husband must be a very rich man-I've no doubt his silence has been bought by The Firm..As for her Dad, I'm sure his "cardiac issues" will keep him chained across the pond for the foreseeable.

I'm not sure that amitriptyline is meant to cause agitation but with me it doesn't take a lot to tip me over the edge into "that" territory. I slept well last night and am finding it easier to sit down now so hopefully things are on the up.

MyNameIsTerry
26-05-18, 03:12
Yes, the media would be crawling all over the ex normally with the kiss & tell stories. If only the palace could intervene with Ruth & Eamonn so we can have some piece from the constant "we're getting divorced" bait in the women's mags. :winks:

Wasn't her dad seen chomping down on burgers after his heart attack? Probably not the advice his cardiologist gave him :whistles:

I think anything that raises anxiety levels can bring a knock on effect. It seems to do it with obsessive-compulsive thoughts & behaviours so I can understand that knocking onto agitation levels if perhaps it's not a listed side effect in of itself?

Glad to hear things are settling down a bit. Getting a good nights sleep is so important and you soon realise it when insomnia strikes.

Like you've told people on here so many times when they are going through it, it's an hour by hour thing.

pulisa
26-05-18, 08:12
It certainly is, Terry. I need to be reminded of this because I can advise others but be totally useless as regards my own "issues"!:D

pulisa
30-05-18, 17:04
Nearly 3 weeks and the results are still not back (I checked today). I wonder what the hell they are doing to all that wee!!:)
I haven't coped at all well what with being in pain and being highly anxious but now I'm at the stage where I'm trying not to care anymore and this is helping the anxiety side of things.
For anyone still mildly interested I'll update as and when I finally get my results!

Carnation
30-05-18, 17:25
I was just thinking that it had been a long time Pulisa.
I wanted to ask about it, but at the same time, I didn't want to bring it to your attention if you had shelved it, so to speak. I can't believe it has been 3 weeks.
Can you chase it up?
I'm also thinking that everything must be OK, otherwise they would have come back to you much sooner. x :hugs:

pulisa
30-05-18, 19:34
I'd like to think so but with these tests it apparently takes ages to get results-it's not like standard urine tests-so I'll just have to sit it out. Can't be much longer now though x

Buster70
30-05-18, 19:35
Sounds like they are just taking the piss :) , I did wonder what had come of it and with matt but my memory is so bad I forget what has been said and don't want to look a doofus asking what's already been said , hope you get good results sooooon , my fingers are too damaged from trapping them too cross them but I am sat with my legs crossed see if that brings good luck .
Take care :hugs:

Carnation
31-05-18, 00:10
Don't they realise what people go through waiting for results?
And poor Buster will end up with an injury if he stays crossed for much longer. :ohmy:

MyNameIsTerry
31-05-18, 02:03
Yes, the last thing Buster needs is a visit to A&E with a sore hand and twisted testicles :ohmy::blush::biggrin:

They say the NHS is up shit creek but I didn't think that lab tested urine too. :whistles:

It makes you wonder what on earth they are doing with it? Given what the doctor wanted to rule out I would be thinking this is a priority test so with that in mind I'm banking on this being another one of those "we found nothing so just sent your doc test results" and it's in his "system" somewhere?

Glad to hear the anxiety is calming down. It's hard to keep going when you feel so agitated you can't sit down, feel exhausted and feel like there is a building scream inside you with all that tension.

Elen
31-05-18, 08:51
Cannot believe that you are still waiting Pulisa.

Not caring is probably the way to go atm.

Fingers crossed they pull their finger out and get you the results soon.

pulisa
31-05-18, 12:52
I think these are complicated tests, Elen, so I was expecting the long wait. The Consultant then has to look at them which all takes time.
I have got to the point where I don't care now and it does help. Not caring has always been the answer for me, anxiety-wise.

MyNameIsTerry
31-05-18, 13:38
Fingers crossed they pull their finger out and get you the results soon.

That doesn't sound like a very scientific method to me :ohmy:

Elen
31-05-18, 15:40
That doesn't sound like a very scientific method to me :ohmy:

By the amount of pee that Pulisa handed in it is probably more like pull their snorkel out :)

MyNameIsTerry
31-05-18, 16:51
By the amount of pee that Pulisa handed in it is probably more like pull their snorkel out :)
:roflmao:http://yoursmiles.org/psmile/diver/p1101.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/p-diver.php):biggrin:

pulisa
31-05-18, 17:34
That wee was of very high quality! I hope it hasn't been lost in the post....Not something you could easily mislay though....Unless patients have been enjoying "apple juice" from my efforts? Cost-cutting and all that? well, if it's good enough for Madonna...:)

Buster70
31-05-18, 17:38
:yesyes:

pulisa
31-05-18, 17:53
So true, Buster...

Just go with the flow innit

MyNameIsTerry
01-06-18, 05:14
That wee was of very high quality! I hope it hasn't been lost in the post....Not something you could easily mislay though....Unless patients have been enjoying "apple juice" from my efforts? Cost-cutting and all that? well, if it's good enough for Madonna...:)

I guess they might send it to Jeremy Hunt as thank you for all his good work for the NHS http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/drink/t0326.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-drink.php):whistles:

---------- Post added at 05:14 ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 ----------

This will make you chuckle at the expense of the Royals, pulisa, have you seen Samantha Markle's latest contribution to the Queen's increasing list of headache causes? Support to free Tommy Robinson :doh::roflmao:

pulisa
01-06-18, 08:11
I heard that on the news this morning, Terry! I'm sure Samantha will make the very most of her royal connections now to further her various "causes"!:D At least Kate's Uncle Gary has gone quiet.
This is what happens when blue blood is tainted with the peasant variety. Simply frightful. One is Not Amused.

pulisa
06-06-18, 19:40
Finally got my results this afternoon and all is ok! Thank you everyone for your kindness and continued support over these past few months. I really appreciate it especially when everyone has their own challenges to cope with xx

Carnation
06-06-18, 20:39
There you go Pulisa. :yesyes:
I am so happy for you.
Maybe now your anxiety will calm down.
That's brilliant news. x

Buster70
06-06-18, 21:26
Really happy for you :D the magic crossed fingers did their job .

MyNameIsTerry
07-06-18, 03:12
Brilliant news, pulisa!!! :flowers:

Have you still got to look into the thyroid side and the Amit use?

Elen
07-06-18, 08:04
Brilliant news, so glad that you have got the all clear.

pulisa
07-06-18, 08:16
Thank you to everyone xx

The benign thyroid nodules are going to be re-scanned again in October/November and I have to continue on the amitriptyline for the intercostal neuralgia-I'm hoping this chronic pain issue will get better with using the ami and getting my anxiety under better control. A tall order for me but here's hoping!

My sister gave me a bollocking last night for keeping her out of this and for not wanting her to visit. We have never been close and she and I have completely different lifestyles. I felt the outburst was a bit unfair but she has been fortunate in never having a mental health issue. It has made me feel awful though. I'm going to try to forget what she said because I think it was said more for her benefit than mine.

MyNameIsTerry
07-06-18, 12:48
I've never thought of you as someone who takes bollockings. I think it's often easy to spot the difference between someone going over the top out of concern and someone who thinks they have been denied "their" experience. The latter narcissism tends to show through, the former quickly moves into worrying about you.

I'm not sure it's always warranted anyway. If you had been diagnosed with some of the things they ruled out then surely that's when it's time to bring loved ones in? Otherwise any cyst a GP finds would have loved ones running round to support when it's more a matter of a few chats to get you through?

pulisa
07-06-18, 13:40
I suspect my late Dad had told her to "keep an eye" on me and she was feeling guilty because she hasn't despite me telling her what was going on and her being put in the picture ,so to speak. I never talk about my mental health to her because I know her views and as she always gives me a running commentary on how much she doesn't eat I could never ever open up about my own food demons..

I know we are all meant to be open about our mental health issues now because people understand but they really don't.

Carnation
08-06-18, 00:32
It's that old saying, 'You can choose your friends, but not your family'. It is sad when you have a sister and it turns out this way. My late mum's sisters really let her down after she lost dad and she thought the world of them and they couldn't be asked to visit her on her birthday. Let her down at the last minute after buying in food and a cake, she was so upset. :lac:
You probably have more support on here Pulisa.
Like you said, people really don't understand mental health.
I hope you sleep with a more sound mind tonight after your good news. xx

MyNameIsTerry
08-06-18, 02:41
I think we are a long way off people understanding. Awareness & understanding aren't the same thing.

I don't really talk about mine to people. When it's long term stuff you just feel like you are boring yourself let alone others!

pulisa
08-06-18, 08:17
I agree, Terry. It's not a subject which you can really talk about when it's long term..or want to either. You just manage it as best you can and sometimes you just need space to sort things out.

You are right, Carnation-family doesn't always come up to scratch. Your Mum must have been very upset about her sisters' lack of support especially if she felt really close to them. My sister is a bit older than me and I didn't grow up with her around as she upped and got married very young. I know my Dad would want us to stay on good terms though and I don't want to upset her so I'm sure I'll be "forgiven" for not wanting her to visit this time!

I did sleep better last night as well! xx

Carnation
08-06-18, 23:41
Pulisa, I think we do a lot of things for our parent's sake.
You have to do what is right for you at the time.
I'm sure this will blow over. x

Noivous
09-06-18, 01:10
Had em all the way.

Never doubted it for a minute.

Now COYP!:yahoo:

MyNameIsTerry
09-06-18, 14:17
I agree, pulisa. When I went to the groups you get to a stage where you are just saying the same things over & over and progress can seem slow. I think others used to start spacing out their meets unless they really needed them.

Those who need to talk though, fair play to them.

It's just a daily slog to me.

pulisa
09-07-18, 19:30
Am facing my 3rd fast track issue since April. Saw the GP late Friday pm and hospital phoned at 930 am today. I'm being seen on Wednesday. I'm not going to say what this is about but I reckon it's because of my age (nearly 60) and a first degree relative history. I'm not going to panic-the NHS has come up trumps again for me.

Bloody hell, I've certainly had some HA exposure therapy recently! Whatever happens on Wednesday this is good for me in a strange and warped way.

Elen
09-07-18, 19:47
ffs Pulisa you are being put through the wringer.

You are right your HA exposure is going full swing, in the words of Nemo "keep swimming"

Everything crossed for you for Wednesday.

Carnation
09-07-18, 19:53
Pulisa, as you tell others on the forum, we are here for you for support, advice and distraction. x

pulisa
09-07-18, 20:05
Thank you both xx

I'd like to try and offer an alternative HA thread ie how to face scary stuff and beyond without letting HA take a hold..I'm hopeful that I won't have to deal with the "and beyond" bit but thousands have and I'm not immune to disease.

I'm lucky I'm being seen so quickly so less time to think and things are being investigated. I'm going to be there for a few hours but my son is holding the fort for the day. The worst thing is having to find a parking space at an unfamiliar hospital. I think I'll worry about this instead!:D

KK77
09-07-18, 20:32
Thank you both xx

I'd like to try and offer an alternative HA thread ie how to face scary stuff and beyond without letting HA take a hold..I'm hopeful that I won't have to deal with the "and beyond" bit but thousands have and I'm not immune to disease.

I'm lucky I'm being seen so quickly so less time to think and things are being investigated. I'm going to be there for a few hours but my son is holding the fort for the day. The worst thing is having to find a parking space at an unfamiliar hospital. I think I'll worry about this instead!:D

As I've said before, Agent 00P, you are truly one of NMP's success stories in the stoical and dignified way in which you battle this dreaded anxiety.

Furthermore, I believe you will be fine. KK says so! :shades:

*Puts cones down in hospital car park for 00P's motor*

pulisa
09-07-18, 20:52
I appreciate the coneage, KK! Maybe I should attach a Russian flag to the car in order to get a wider berth?:D

mezzaninedoor
10-07-18, 08:05
Pulisa, take care *hugs*

pulisa
10-07-18, 08:09
Thanks, Tony. I'll be fine.

Carnation
10-07-18, 19:14
Hope everything goes ok for you tomorrow. x

pulisa
10-07-18, 20:29
Thanks, Carnation. I've felt awful all day-absolutely wiped out-but it's just the anticipation and I'll deal with it better when tomorrow comes xx

Buster70
10-07-18, 21:19
Good luck for tomorrow I'll cross my fingers and toes for you , crossed my fingers today for my daughter and all came out ok .:hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
11-07-18, 05:53
Russian flags on your cones and we've rung ahead so they put a sign up to reserve the space. Miss Novichok. You should have plenty of space around you :winks:

The waiting where you don't feel you can try to do something is often worse than the day stuff happens when at least you can busy yourself getting stuck in. I would have said to keep yourself busy but I bet you already are looking after your family! :biggrin:

Leave yourself plenty of time to sort the parking and finding the dept. Rushing just ramps up the tension. Give yourself time to sit & breath. It will soon be over.

All the best as ever and hoping for good results :flowers:

Elen
11-07-18, 08:03
Good luck for today Pulisa.

pulisa
11-07-18, 08:16
Thank you all so much-you are all so kind xx

I've been told to expect a 2 hours + appointment so am taking food and drink and a book (not that the words will go in but it's better than sitting there like a lemon!:))

I'll leave early and be prepared for all eventualities including a plague of locusts! This is minor stuff compared to what many contend with but it's exposure therapy for me and a challenge. The perils of getting old and in that "at risk" category. Still, better to get tested than sit and stew..

Thank you again xx

pulisa
11-07-18, 16:59
Just wanted to say that the lump was benign. I was so grateful to be able to have same day results. My Mum developed breast cancer at roughly my age so I was naturally worried ...but I am so fortunate to have received reassuring news. I'm very aware that many don't at that fast track clinic. Can't fault the NHS for their speed re assessment by a Consultant.

Oh and the ticket machine at the car park was knackered so I got free parking and there were plenty of spaces left too..I didn't need to hoist my Russian flag after all!!:D

Elen
11-07-18, 17:08
Brillant news Pulisa, and the parking is an added bonus

Scass
11-07-18, 17:32
Great news Pulisa, so pleased for you [emoji4]

MyNameIsTerry
11-07-18, 18:06
Great news!!! :yesyes::yahoo:

They aren't nice places to sit in. Like you say, some waiting might have very different news. It was sitting in one of these that pushed my dad to stop smoking.

Carnation
11-07-18, 19:11
I had a feeling it was something like that Pulisa.
And I feel your relief that it wasn't anything nasty.
It must have been quite an ordeal for you today and you must feel quite relieved with the results and it is over.
If anything is a test for anxiety, surely today was one of them. So pleased for you. xx

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

As I was typing England scored a goal and in the first 5 minutes!!!! :yesyes:

KK77
11-07-18, 19:43
Knew all would be well, Agent 00P! Your news is a welcome relief and we can get back to usual Complaints biz :D

Health Status: Told Ya So

pulisa
15-05-19, 14:18
Had my 6 monthly thyroid scan today. Looks like the blighter has gone hyperactive as there was increased "vascular activity" (Nobody please google this-I don't want to know!!) Got to have specific thyroid blood tests and possible further biopsies on all 3 lesions.

I admit I wasn't expecting this and had been mainly concerned with trying to keep on top of chronic daily pain. A recent auto immune blood test had come back positive so this may be linked in with the thyroid stuff/pain. It would be good to have some answers, whatever these may be.

BlueIris
15-05-19, 14:22
Crossing fingers and toes for you - nobody here deserves a stroke of luck more than you do.

Buster70
15-05-19, 14:26
Hi Pulisa ,sorry you’ve had some shite news there is always bloody something , you will deal with it as you always have , you’re a tough cookie .
Take care .:hugs:

KK77
15-05-19, 14:54
Had my 6 monthly thyroid scan today. Looks like the blighter has gone hyperactive as there was increased "vascular activity" (Nobody please google this-I don't want to know!!) Got to have specific thyroid blood tests and possible further biopsies on all 3 lesions.

I admit I wasn't expecting this and had been mainly concerned with trying to keep on top of chronic daily pain. A recent auto immune blood test had come back positive so this may be linked in with the thyroid stuff/pain. It would be good to have some answers, whatever these may be.

So sorry this bloody nuisance has reared its head again but trust that things get sorted out as before. You definitely deserve no less and have all the positive energy we can muster.

Carnation
15-05-19, 17:10
Pulusa, I didn't Google, I don't have to, I have a friend that has this and it is easily rectified with meds. I know, more meds. And you are right, my friend suffers with pain with a flare up, so you may get some answers to your ongoing grief. Dare I say it? Try not to worry, it is very common and can be dealt with quite easily and quickly. xx

Scass
15-05-19, 18:21
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if this is what’s causing you more pain & it could be fairly easily treated? Well that’s how I’m looking at it anyway... big hug xx

Scass
15-05-19, 18:26
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if this is what’s causing you more pain & it could be fairly easily treated? Well that’s how I’m looking at it anyway... big hug xx

Edited to add that I didn’t mean that to sound flippant, I know it still sucks but I’m hoping for some relief for you x

pulisa
15-05-19, 19:46
Oh God yes, Scass! I'd love it if this could be the explanation!I don't think mindfulness would be the answer then..:winks:

The main thing is that this isn't urgent. Blood tests first in 10 days and then seeing Consultant for verdict and views on future biopsies. All 3 were benign a year ago.

It's because there is "change" and it should be investigated. It's just come at a bad time.

Thanks everyone-I'll be fine xx

jojo2316
15-05-19, 21:27
Oh God yes, Scass! I'd love it if this could be the explanation!I don't think mindfulness would be the answer then..:winks:

The main thing is that this isn't urgent. Blood tests first in 10 days and then seeing Consultant for verdict and views on future biopsies. All 3 were benign a year ago.

It's because there is "change" and it should be investigated. It's just come at a bad time.

Thanks everyone-I'll be fine xx

so sorry to hear this issue is troubling you again- and yes what shite timing! Can it be an excuse to put your feet up a bit maybe?

jojo2316
15-05-19, 21:28
How is your HA dealing with this development?