PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram and Mirtazapine (Zispin) Combination ???

soggypops
17-07-07, 14:09
HI
Ive been taking Mirtazapine ( Zispin) 15mg at night for the past 2 years and the doc wants me to also take 20mg Citalopram in the morning ?

My local dr says thats really high dose and combination because they are both ssri,s and can cause excess seritonin levels and can be dangerous?

So what do i do ? I would really like to hear from anyone who takes these combinations and if so what its been like for them.

Hugs to all
Elly
xx:wacko:

paulc
13-12-10, 18:17
Hi i would suggest trying 20mg cita. and gettin the 15mg mirt and then halfing them yourself,im taking 20mg cit and 7.5mg mirt a couple of hours before my bed,i was on 30mg mirt and felt like a zombie unable to feel anything which i found very distressing,whilst changing over to cita,i found a perfect balance between the two as cit gave me insomnia and mirt knocked me out,and increased my appetite they now balance each other out, the cita help with social anxiety,and the small 7.5 dose of mirt help me sleep and wake up without feeling groggy and generally help with the heavy and sometime dark thoughts related with depression my appetite is now back to normal level,and feel its much easier to cope with everyday situations,it works for me and my doc is happy with me taking both,as the combo seems to be working well with me,i hope you can also find a balance.GOOD LUCK

kjab
26-01-11, 22:41
yeah i took 25mg citalopram + 30mg mirtazapeine. high dose i believe but worked:winks: sorry i stopped :weep: