PDA

View Full Version : Staph infection? Celulitis? Help?

Dayvid
25-04-18, 14:36
Ok guys, so yesterday I noticed my index finger knuckle was ... tender to push/touch. It looked a little bruied/red but not a lot.

This morning there was little to no redness... it looks 90% normal. But maybe I was focusing on it's appearance too much. Anyway, after some pressing around it seems to be just one very small patch (like a few mm) that's tender, and it's deep down when I push. But it seems to be the skin.

Its been 24 hours now and the redness hasn't got any worse, it's not really swollen or hot that I can tell? I hear cellulitis (from staph) etc spreads fast? So I thought maybe it's a bruise? But I don't remember bumping it and there's little to no discolouration? Maybe just a touch red at times.

I do have very dry skin on my hands and have had since being a child. When I say dry, probably some form of dermatitis. It gets cracked quite easily around my thumbs. And discoloured sometimes. Maybe due to this, I have had spots/pimples on the back of my hand in the past?

I'm scared of this and when I google I hear "Diabetes, HIV etc etc" and freak out :(

Anyone help?

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

quick update (I know it hasn't been long! haha)

I've just properly checked. The redness is nearly gone and the tenderness is much less.

Would staph infection come and go in less than 2 days? Or does this sound like an injury I cant remember happening lol