PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

jfaneuf
25-04-18, 17:26
First I have to say that it will be nice to be in the company of "like minded" people. My name is Joe and I am a 41 yr. old married father of 2 teenage girls. I have been battling horrible panic for probably 20 years now and have been procrastinating for long enough. I really need to get a handle on this.

In my particular case I would have to say that this all stems from a bad "trip" on mushrooms when I was in my teens. Ever since then I have had bad episodes of panic when "driving especially over bridges", "being in class, when I was in college", "buses" & I haven't gone near a plane in years and dread the day I have to which is actually in October. I never had an issue with any of these things before then. I loved to fly and travel. Now I feel like I can't do anything.

I take "Citalopram" daily and I take "Lorazepam" when I know it's going to be bad. I saw some good notes on the Welcome page and I think my wife and I will be trying to meditate at night on the nights we aren't walking together. My siblings decided that my mother needs to see Ireland before she can't travel anymore so we are all going with her in October and I have been considering looking for something to knock me out for the trip. The trip has woken my desire to stop being a prisoner of my own mind and it's got a strong grip so it's not going to be easy.

I look forward to learning about how I can beat/manage this and helping out where I can.

venusbluejeans
25-04-18, 17:44
Hiya jfaneuf and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: