PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here..

KittyKate
17-07-07, 17:40
Hi there, just came across this site and I thought I'd introduce myself.

I started having panic attacks about 3 years ago when I was in a very violent relationship. My first panic attack was in Asda and I couldnt even bring myself to go back into a supermarket after that which caused a lot of problems for me.

Today I am on Citalopram and I'm ok now, dont have any panic attacks anymore but sometimes I do still feel a bit panicy which stopps me from doing normal things I guess.

I dont have any friends because I have just came out of that bad relationship, he didnt let me have friends.

How do you meet new people, make friends, get a job etc if you are feeling panicy? I'm 26 and I want a life.

:weep:

PaulB
17-07-07, 18:00
Hi,

This is a good place to start - making new friends etc - I mean. You will also find people who have similar problems and although they don't aalways have answers, it's comforting to know that you are NOT alone.

Good luck

:)
PaulB

trac67
17-07-07, 18:59
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx

nomorepanic
17-07-07, 19:31
Hi KK

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you will get loads of support and advice on here.

honeybee3939
17-07-07, 20:36
Hi KK

welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice support and make new friends also.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

groovygranny
17-07-07, 20:40
Hello KittyKate :welcome:to you!

You're among friends here - we're all here for each other, so you'll get plenty of help and support.

Pleased to meet you - glad you found us!

:flowers:

KittyKate
17-07-07, 20:49
Thank you everyone x

panicdiva
17-07-07, 21:04
Welcome, i'm sure you will find the support here to help you go out & meet people.

Lindalou64
17-07-07, 22:46
hi kk and welcome im sure you will find lots of support and info here i wish ya the best...........linda

Fall Out Boy
18-07-07, 08:54
Sup, kk? :yesyes:
You will find lots of helpful information in this site and will make lots of friends.

lucy0927
20-07-07, 12:54
Hi Kitty,

I'm 25 and find it pretty hard to make new friends and go out as well as I feel too anxious in situations like that.

Luckily this site has helped me a lot and the people on here are great. Hopefully you'll start to move forward and find that there's lots of advice on here that helps.

If you ever need to chat, PM me
Lucy x

Zanxiety
21-07-07, 19:11
Grettings their fellow one, and welcome to the forum. I'm very sorry to hear about you bad relationship KittyKate, and it wasn't fair either that this person didn't let you make any friends. Poor you, I really do know the feeling when someone mistreats you like that. Your just as important as everyone else and derserve to make friends with other people, particularly as you sound like a nice and kind person.

At least on here, you've got all the great support from many helpful and supportive members who understand what we're going through.

To meet new people and make new friends (even when panicky), the key is to be yourself and believe people aren't going to judge you. Most people will accept you for who you are, but it's just unfortunate you do get a few of the ones who like to ruin things for everyone. Also, when wanting to start to talk to someone, smile at them as that makes them feel happy and ask questions which don't end up as yes or no answers. Doing this usually increases the chance to get a conversation going and should distract you from thoughts making you anxious. But I do know how hard it is, as I struggle to make many firends in the outside world too.

It's kind of the same thing when looking for a job. Choose something which you know you'll feel comfortable with and somewhere in a cosy enviroment.

For more help please feel free to drop me a PM, as we all want you to get the best of life.

Do take care from Alex (Zanxiety). ^_^