PDA

View Full Version : trying to quit citalopram

CMB
26-04-18, 17:53
Hi Everyone
I'm new to this site and I'm experiencing lots of dizziness and ear ringing while on citalopram. I've been thinking it's meniere's disease, but the symptoms appear to be similar for citalopram missed doses, and withdrawal. I miss doses all the time. But I'm wondering if anyone else has ever gotten these symptoms from just being on the drug for many years? I've been on it for over 5 years.

Lulu1960
26-04-18, 20:16
Your definitely having issues from skipping doses..doesn't matter how long you been on them...

Cassi
23-05-18, 12:23
Missing doses is not good. The few times I have missed them has messed with my moods and takes about 3 days to settle again. I too have tinnitus and dizziness, and am hoping this will disappear once I am off them.

wcs2222
28-05-18, 01:12
Hi CMB,
You should consult with your doctor about these symptoms and a plan to wean off citalopram.

When I have weaned off in the past (after years on cit), I start gradually replacing full doses with half doses for a few weeks, then move to gradually replacing half doses with quarter doses for a few more weeks, then gradually skipping the quarter doses.

The half life of cit is quite long (~34 hours). Personally, I used to skip 1 dose a week without any problem, but it depends person-by-person.