PDA

View Full Version : Pains In Legs - Really Scared

Panic1971
17-07-07, 19:34
I have not been on here for a couple of weeks as my therapist told me to try and stay away as she thinks it is feeding my anxiety.

Anyway, I really need some advice badly..............

I have been getting really bad pains in my legs. I get them in both legs and it is like really achey and then stabbing pains. Does anyone know what it could be as I am really panicking about it. My legs also feel like there is no energy in them sometimes, even though I can still walk etc. The pains are mainly in the top half of my legs. This has been going on for nearly over a month now - and I am really worried.

I am soooooo scared. Any advice or idea on what it could be.

Thanks

nomorepanic
17-07-07, 21:33
Ann

Have you discussed this with her and asked her what it could be?

Have you seen the doc and asked him?

There are other posts about this so scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see them under related links.

mkeeley
17-07-07, 23:37
I had a similar thing a few months back. AChes and pain down the backs of my legs, also top and bottom of my feet. Felt better if I raised them whilst laying down (put a few cushions under my feet so my feet were higher than my waist). I was a bit worried because of the stories in the news about deep vein thrombosis, you always think the worst! But after about a month it sorted itself out.

My sister said she had had the same problem a time back and her doc said it was probably due to sitting at a desk all day and a not enough exercise.

looking4answers
02-08-07, 08:26
Number one: Anxiety
Number two: Tension
Number three: Leg strain or muscle strain
Number four: Pulled muscles
Number Five: Begining arithus
Number Six: Could be you did some unsual leg exercises without even knowing it..unusual position and odd stance
Number seven: Perhaps too tired from standing or running or whatever..

Probably number one and number two..Dont worry I have had the same thing 12 years except mine started from losing too much weight and then padding in my joints ..where i used to rollerblade and ride a bike most of my life and also climbed mountains and trees I could barely walk in the grocery ..
I would be willing to bet its the four first reasons in your case but you never know.. im sure it is the first four.. put some heat on it.. get in a hot bath..relax and try not to do whatever you did to make it hurt again unless you are not tense or anxious.

I have not been on here for a couple of weeks as my therapist told me to try and stay away as she thinks it is feeding my anxiety.

Anyway, I really need some advice badly..............

I have been getting really bad pains in my legs. I get them in both legs and it is like really achey and then stabbing pains. Does anyone know what it could be as I am really panicking about it. My legs also feel like there is no energy in them sometimes, even though I can still walk etc. The pains are mainly in the top half of my legs. This has been going on for nearly over a month now - and I am really worried.

I am soooooo scared. Any advice or idea on what it could be.

Thanks