PDA

View Full Version : Please help? Moving on and Moving forward

SarahNah
26-04-18, 22:37
Sorry that this is long! I just need to get this all out.

So, for the first 20 years of my life I had some health issues but I never let it get in my way. On the night of my 21st birthday, I had a sudden dizzy spell while watching tennis with my Mam. I went into totally metal down. My mam had to sit with me for hours to try and calm me since that moment everything has been wrong.

Since July last year I thought I've had:
Brain tumor/other brain issues/dizziness/constant exhaustion/lots of headaches/pain in certain areas- Turn out to be a mixture of chronic sinus and anemia
A number of different caners to do with my stomach/blow/prancers/liver etc- All could be explain by thing's less sinister. I have acid issues, a bacteria infection and they are doing tests for IBS right now.
I've had pain and lumps in my upper body area neck/collarbone/shoulder- I was giving some cream to try and help sooth it.
Heart worries- Turn out to be anxiety.

During these worries I've had a number of blood tests (I've lost count of how many types), a breath test, a chest x-ray, Two egc a ultrasound, a CT scan of my lower body (So like kidneys area/Pelvis etc). Of course my Doctor (Who is a saint) has given me lots of look overs.

So my question is, clearly from listing that all out- there can't be anything wrong with me right? I can't have any blood/bone (Lymphoma was and still kinda is my latest worry). I can't have anything like all of those listed above wrong with me. Surely something would have come up? I'm in CBT (I've been officially diagnosed with general anxiety and few other things) and have been for awhile. I feel like it slowly helps but something always seems to be wrong afterwards. Anyone got some good advice in helping just pushing myself along? I just want to be able to enjoy the rest of my youth. My 21st year was so miserable and lonely.

SarahNah
27-04-18, 03:37
:unsure::unsure::unsure:

swajj
27-04-18, 10:34
The doctor isn’t here at the moment. Call in later lol

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

I should probably expand on that :winks:

You said “So my question is, clearly from listing that all out- there can't be anything wrong with me right?”

That’s asking for a diagnosis from people (most of us, not all) who have the same problem with anxiety as you do. So if one of us says “no that all sounds fine” would you accept it? Considering you don’t accept it from your own doctors, my guess would be no.

SarahNah
28-04-18, 02:01
The doctor isn’t here at the moment. Call in later lol

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

I should probably expand on that :winks:

You said “So my question is, clearly from listing that all out- there can't be anything wrong with me right?”

That’s asking for a diagnosis from people (most of us, not all) who have the same problem with anxiety as you do. So if one of us says “no that all sounds fine” would you accept it? Considering you don’t accept it from your own doctors, my guess would be no.

Actually, since getting a few good nights sleep and seeing my therapist again. I'm having a much better out-look on this whole thing :)

Annaboodle
28-04-18, 11:47
It's good you're sticking with the CBT. I found that progress is slow and it's often only the start of getting better along with a lot of other things. I find it's helpful to see episodes of HA like you're having at the moment as blips in the road rather than as total setbacks or failures meaning that you're in some way hopeless. I know that my unhelpful internal monologue usually comes out with things like, "You're useless... it's always going to be like this... you deserve this", etc... I'm trying to work on that a lot at the moment. I'd never be unkind to other people the way I speak to myself. Physically though I don't think there's anything wrong with you. Those tests you've had are extensive and show that.