PDA

View Full Version : Hmm..😕

MissB88
27-04-18, 14:55
Didn't get chance to do my weigh in yesterday but I've done it today & I'm feeling a little deflated, I only lost 4lbs this week 😔(3Weeks-1Stone4lbTotal) Better than a gain, I guess but eurgh.. still a little walrus lol.

Anyone else on a weight loss journey?
If so, what is your reasoning?

My reason is because I always fear that I'm going to die from being over weight and it holds me back from doing certain things, plus when my baby comes along I don't want to always be panicking about those things. Nor do I want to be the 'fat mumma' 😕

Scass
27-04-18, 18:20
4lbs in a week is amazing! Well done! Your diet is obviously working really well. Which one are you doing? Are you pregnant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carys
27-04-18, 19:00
4lbs a week is a LOT, dont they say that 2 lbs is a good amount ?

You aren't dieting whilst pregnant are you - if so I hope your midwife or doctor are monitoring ?

MissB88
28-04-18, 19:29
Yes, they do say that 2lb is a good loss a week but in my first week I lost 10lb..my last 2 weeks has only been 4 each. I'm just counting my calorie, carb & sugar intake..using an app to calculate. I usually try and stay under 1000 calories, around 100g carbs & 30g sugar intake.. Then I've just been going exercising.🙂

nomorepanic
28-04-18, 19:38
So are you pregnant?

Carys
28-04-18, 19:41
You've lost 18 lbs in 3 weeks ? That's surely rather quick.

...and as asked above....are you pregnant?

Scass
28-04-18, 19:57
Sometimes if you have a lot to lose, you can lose more at the start and then slow down. It’s not uncommon on slimming world (for example) to be losing over 2lbs a week. But 1-2lbs are recommended.

Would be interested to hear your answer re the pregnancy question! It’s not usually advised to diet when pregnant unless under GP’s orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissB88
28-04-18, 20:07
Apologies. I really should of worded that differently lol.

No, I'm not pregnant as of yet.. I lost two babies one five years ago and one at the beginning of this year (obviously the time wasn't right) but I meant it as in, I want to be able to get myself to a healthier place before I have a baby.

I also have pcos so I really need to do it as it makes things more difficult.

Yes, I've lost a total of 18lbs in three weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Carys
29-04-18, 13:06
Ah phew, was a bit concerned about that potential pregnancy issue. Well, its very positive that you are taking ownership of your own health, so well done you, but be careful not to go too fast.

hanshan
29-04-18, 14:11
The big loss at the beginning of any dieting campaign often comes from the body using up glycogen stores in the muscles. These are temporary stores of glucose bound up in lots of water molecules (hence known as "water weight"). Glycogen breaks down quickly and is a ready store of energy. It is not fat. Only once the glycogen is gone will the body then start burning fat

The breakdown products - carbon dioxide and water - are quickly eliminated via the lungs and kidneys. Unfortunately, if at any time dieting is stopped, the glycogen stores are quickly replenished and the water weight goes back on.

MissB88
29-04-18, 18:13
Thank you Carys[emoji846]

I'm not only dieting, I'm trying to completely change my lifestyle for good!🤷*♀️[emoji16]

Carys
29-04-18, 21:57
Very positive ! Excellent. Taking control of your own lifestyle is such a great thing to do...wish I had the motivation and energy to do the same :winks:

MissB88
30-04-18, 04:53
Believe me, If I can do it, Anyone can.. I know that's easily said but , I honestly never thought I'd see the day that I would be saying this to someone else. I'd always put it off & even though I worry about dying from being fat I'd still not really care.. which I know is the wrong way to look at it.

Once you get that first week out of the way and see a loss that's then your biggest motivation.

Even though my scales are saying I've lost 18lb I couldn't really tell until today when I went through my photos, took just 3 weeks apart.. I still have a long way to go but at least I can now start to see it's going in the right direction [emoji846] posting this picture is actually a massive deal for me�� but gonna brave it and do it anyway..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180430/178a07141801f209fe473526288e2cbd.jpg

Carys
30-04-18, 08:56
Hiiyer,

Over a stone lost is a massive deal and that will definitely show. As you lose more you should start breathing easier, finding moving easier and just generally have more energy. I lost a few stones earlier in my adult life and it does make you feel so much better physically, AND it helps your mental health and you feel more confident. :yesyes:

It'll be time for new smaller clothes soon. :)

MissB88
30-04-18, 13:36
To be honest even though I am a bigger girl, I'm really lucky in that sense as I actually don't suffer with my breathing or anything like that & generally my weight doesn't stop me physically doing anything but I still know I can be healthier & want to do it before I do become like that. I definitely lack in the confidence part though so hopefully that will improve.
How did you do it.? If you don't mind me asking.[emoji4]

EmmerLooeez
30-04-18, 13:41
18lbs in 3 weeks is fantastic! Well done! A 4lbs loss is a great loss. It does tend to slow as you carry on.

I have started weight watchers from home last week. My first weigh in is on Thursday. Like you I am afraid of dying young and I want to feel healthy again. I can't even fit in my 18's at the minute and that is making me miserable as I've few outfits I can wear.

I'd be over the moon to have a 4lb loss on Thursday. Here's hoping. :)

If you'd like to message and support one another that would be nice. X

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

MissB88
30-04-18, 13:56
Aah thank you so much lovely.[emoji4].

My problem was getting myself in the right frame of mind, but I think due to a few circumstances I've had over the past few weeks are really what motivated me to change.

I've tried those kind of diets before ww/sw but personally wasn't for me.
I'm doing it all myself using a calorie & carb counter app now.
I struggle to eat in the day, which sounds silly as I'm fat lol but that's part of my issue, so what I've started doing is just having a meal replacement shake during the day, there quick & easy too.

I'm sure you'll have a loss on your weigh in day.. my weigh day is also on Thursday's [emoji16]

Yeah sure, that's fine chick.. it's always more helpful to have support from someone [emoji18]

Carys
30-04-18, 13:57
I did it the same way as you did it - calorie counting, noting it all down and being very strict with myself. (Increasing activity also) :o I Had a calorie counting book (no apps then), and weighed things regularly.

I was 3 stone overweight, and although I didn't feel it affected me at all....honestly, you will find it does make a difference, that you probably weren't even aware of. I've managed to stay right in the middle of my BMI since....as after all that effort there was no way I wanted to have to go through it again. :D

MissB88
30-04-18, 14:07
Yeah that's the same as what I'm doing, weighing every little thing does get a little annoying but just have to keep thinking 'it'll be worth it'

I have been tampering with the idea of starting the Cambridge diet for a faster loss.. but what puts me off is people say you gain again as soon as you you come off it.. so not so sure about that one.

Aah ok.. well I look forward to noticing all the changes along the way.
Thank you [emoji846]

MissB88
01-05-18, 10:56
Sooo, as from today I'm going to try and cut myself down to 600-700 calories a day!

Wish me luck🤞🏼, I might need it[emoji1]

Carys
01-05-18, 12:04
Thats too much, thats a risky level. You shouldn't go below 1000.

Personally, I didn't go below 1,200.

MissB88
01-05-18, 15:40
Well I'm trying to do it to the same amount of calories & carbs that the Cambridge diet allows when you do the 3 shakes a day plan.

Carys
01-05-18, 15:48
Yeah, but read this....the full page...

https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/very-low-calorie-diets.aspx

MissB88
01-05-18, 16:03
I've currently been doing around 900 - 1000, I'll try doing it a couple days and see how I am, I have had a bit of a headache so far but nothing major.
Thanks for the article found a few things useful there [emoji4]

Carys
01-05-18, 16:05
Well, I hope you read how its done under medical supervision, not necessary for most people unless morbidly obese and needing to lose stones very quickly, and can make you ill? They class low calorie as 800 and below, and you are doing ...

I'm going to try and cut myself down to 600-700 calories a day!Why ? You are already losing weight steadily, why make yourself feel ill when you don't need to?

You said you were going for a more healthy lifestyle in general, and this is not only unsustainable, but unhealthy.

MissB88
01-05-18, 16:16
Firstly, it's because of how much it personally bothers me & makes me worry about my health, I'm not bothered in the sense of what other people say or think but it's kind of like I can't get it off quick enough in my head lol.

Secondly, I know I can't ever get rid of pcos but I'll be able to improve my symptoms.

Carys
01-05-18, 16:29
Getting it off that quickly isn't good for you....infact it can do more damage than good. It can cause more physical and health problems than I think you are aware of. I never say google things - but google 'extreme dieting and health risks'.

Anyway, your body and your choice, so not much more I can say....but its deemed to be dieting at a dangerous level.

MissB88
01-05-18, 16:33
Thank you for all your advice. I shall take a look further into it & update my progress soon [emoji1]

MissB88
03-05-18, 10:34
Week 4 weigh in, another 4 down[emoji16]. Last 3 weeks only hitting the 4lb a week but to be honest I haven't really been to the gym much this week.[emoji53]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180503/95fb697832dfae05e72b68eb0fd72f37.jpg

MissB88
03-05-18, 11:02
Does anyone know... how you know your body has hit ketosis stage?! Or can I only tell with the keto strips?

Carys
03-05-18, 11:27
Well, you probably know what I'm going to say MissB88 :roflmao:....you need to stop dieting at 600 calories a day, then checking if you have ketosis becomes irrelevant. I've said your level is dangerous. That's all I'm going to say.....and run.....:winks:

EmmerLooeez
03-05-18, 11:40
Smashed it! [emoji7] well done. Xxx

MissB88
03-05-18, 11:44
[emoji85] you're like my online virtual mum.[emoji23].

Yesterday I didn't manage my 600 I only done 358 [emoji15].

I've decided I'm just going to do alternative weeks. So 1 week at 600 then the following at 900 then back down & so on.

nomorepanic
03-05-18, 11:44
600 calories - wow that is not enough to keep you going and long term will be completely unsustainable.

You shouldn't be worried about ketosis if you are dieting sensibly.

nomorepanic
03-05-18, 11:45
Oh now I see it is 358!! :ohmy:

Why are you doing this to yourself?

MissB88
03-05-18, 11:46
Massive [emoji322]well done[emoji322] to you too beaut! We got this girly.. onwards & upwards (or downwards hopefully[emoji23]) X

MissB88
03-05-18, 11:47
I didn't mean to do 358 yesterday. I just ended up going to sleep before taking my second shake of the day yesterday.

EmmerLooeez
03-05-18, 11:53
Haha yes!! I'm excited for next week already. X

nomorepanic
03-05-18, 11:55
Do it slowly - it is bad to lose weight too quickly. I know this because I lost a lot of weight when I had a Crohn's flare-up and the doctor's were really concerned I had lost it so quickly. It is not good for your organs.

2lb a week is fine.

I see you already have a post about your diet so I am going to merge them as they are about the same thing.

MissB88
03-05-18, 12:04
That's what's amazing about a loss because it gives you the motivation to carry on!
I'm hoping that I can do 6lb this week to make my 2 stone loss[emoji23] not sure I'll be able to do that but meh.. can only try.

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

To be honest a few people have said that it isn't good to do it quickly, so I'm going to do this week & slow down a bit.

Aah. Okie kokie[emoji1360][emoji2]

Thank you for your advice [emoji846]

EmmerLooeez
03-05-18, 12:23
You'll have your 2 stones done in two weeks at the most. Don't worry xxx

Carys
03-05-18, 12:29
Yes, I am your virtual on-line Mum !:D I'm now telling you that 368 calories is at self-harming level, and very foolish. Emmerlooeez, I hoenstly can't understand why you would be praising and condoning this dangerous level of dieting? Its not clever, its not safe and - it will leave you with baggy skin and the moment you eat again it will all go back on. There said it, now I think I'd best not say anything more on your weight loss thread. :roflmao:

MissB88
03-05-18, 13:04
Haha Carys, no it's fine.. I like that you're giving me advise.. everyone needs a little push in the right direction now & again from our mumma's & now you're my online mum, I don't expect anything less[emoji23]

Carys
03-05-18, 13:22
I think I might have moved onto 'adopting' emmalooeeze too, having given her an ear bashing as well. :winks:

There is a serious note to this though. You two girls are - what - early 20s ? You can educate yourself, are aware of the risk and are old enough to take responsibility for your own actions and choices. There are younger girls reading - and I think there should be a duty to make clear to them that this isn't a safe or responsible choice. I SAID I wasn't coming back to comment and I HAVE warrghhhh:doh:

MissB88
03-05-18, 13:53
I totally understand that it isn't the way for everyone or safe.. wouldn't really recommend it to anyone else and I did say that to Emma too.
I have alot I want to lose though so I've kinda been trying out & experimenting different ways that work for me.
I'm not going to carry on doing it this way, I feel like you've put me on the naughty step[emoji85][emoji23]

Carys
03-05-18, 14:01
I feel like you've put me on the naughty step

Absolutely ! :roflmao:

MissB88
03-05-18, 14:11
[emoji23]... ok.. I'll be a good girl now[emoji56] I'll put them back up to 900 - 1000[emoji16]x

Carys
03-05-18, 14:39
Glad to hear it, you know it makes sense. So, you can come back off the step! :yesyes:

MissB88
03-05-18, 14:45
Why, thank you[emoji4] but if I don't have a loss next week I'm holding you accountable "mum"[emoji23][emoji23]

EmmerLooeez
03-05-18, 14:46
Heyyy I was saying well done for losing 4lbs. Would obviously not say well done for eating <400 cal

Carys
03-05-18, 14:48
Hey ! Look, if I lost three stone over a few months on 1,200 calories, then you will loose too. It won't be massive huge amounts, but it will be a slower more steady loss and better for your body and health. There s no way you can't lose weight eating less than your body requires, on daily basis. Anyway, if you do hold me accountable....I'll just pretend I've not seen you post. Ok ? :D:D:D

MissB88
03-05-18, 14:55
I was still losing when I was doing higher calories, so I guess you're right [emoji1]. I need to cram in a few this afternoon now.
Ohh no, you can't get out of it that easily[emoji23]

We've had our tooshies whipped Emma [emoji31][emoji23]

MissB88
08-05-18, 22:28
Randomly decided to go away for a few days, (back now) but I'm literally stressing myself out about Thursday 🤦*♀️😕

EmmerLooeez
09-05-18, 12:26
Why??

I have had some bad news and binged last night. :(

MissB88
09-05-18, 12:32
I went out and I drank Malibu & cocktails then went out for dinner too. 🤦*♀️[emoji24]

I'm literally dreading tomorrow.

Came back, and got straight back onto it though.. so just gotta look forward to next week's, maybe I'll miss tomorrow's [emoji23]

How much water a day you doing?

EmmerLooeez
09-05-18, 12:33
Aiming for 2L. I did 1.5 yesterday and 1 so far today.

Aww do weigh, you might be surprised :)

MissB88
09-05-18, 12:39
Yeah, I struggle with getting water in.. been trying to do 3L.. only been managing 2.5L but I keep thinking that's good for me cause I never used to do enough fluids of any kind, be lucky if I took a litre a few weeks ago (unless out & drinking alcohol[emoji23])

Meh.. I might do it.. just might be in a mood all day tommorow [emoji38].

You stopped the daily now missy?

MissB88
10-05-18, 10:57
Well, not a good day today![emoji53][emoji19]

EmmerLooeez
10-05-18, 11:15
Go on!! What was it?

I've changed my weigh day to Monday as I persuaded my best friend to join WW online and her weigh day is Monday. I've done a grand total of 5lbs so far, hoping for a good loss on Monday. X

MissB88
10-05-18, 11:36
Aah, it's a shame it's not SW cause I have a 12 week voucher you could of had but I didn't like it there, so never gonna use it.

I've stayed the same, so annoying.. but I knew it wasn't gonna be good this week anyway so never mind .. onto next week![emoji23]

EmmerLooeez
10-05-18, 11:37
A maintain is better than a gain!! That's still a win :D you'll have a huge loss next week I bet.

Yeah I'm not overly fond of SW. It does work, but I ate the same food all the time and it doesnt teach you portion control. X

MissB88
10-05-18, 12:31
Yeah, I hope so anyway���� I need it after this week��.

Well I struggled with how much you had to eat on sw, I know that sounds stupid cause I'm a chubba but I don't actually eat much, just the wrong shizz I suppose��

Is ww where you have points?

Noivous
10-05-18, 17:37
I'm on a new diet. It's working great! Know what I call it?

MissB88
10-05-18, 17:50
See food, eat it?[emoji1]

Noivous
10-05-18, 17:53
Ha nope...I tried that one and was a miserable failure.

I call it...drum roll please...Supper!

Carys
10-05-18, 18:29
At least I didn't get the blame for the lack of weight loss....phew....and it was down to your cocktails and lush living. :winks:

MissB88
11-05-18, 14:50
Oh sugar, I forgot about that..[emoji38]. Yep, it's all your fault, saying I should up them.. well I up'ed them, wayyyy over[emoji23]

Noivous
11-05-18, 16:27
What we say over here is...I upped mine...up yours!:D

MissB88
11-05-18, 16:34
What we say over here is...I upped mine...up yours!:D[emoji23][emoji23]

MissB88
23-05-18, 10:04
Not sure if anyone will know but, 2 days ago I started taking burners .. I've had a few heart palpitations, headaches & my stomach feels like a washing machine inside.. could this be the burners.?!

Noivous
23-05-18, 12:28
Love the nails!:D

MissB88
23-05-18, 12:48
Haha.. thanks.. me too, I can't be without them.💅🏼

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-18, 02:18
What's in the burners?

Many have a high caffeine content and that bring palps. Guarana is often in them and that's a more dense form caffeine can be found in.

Some may have things like shellfish in which can be quite activating.

MissB88
28-05-18, 21:42
Sorry for the delayed reply.

I did just take a look at the caffeine and you're right the caffeine intake is pretty high.

MissB88
29-06-18, 07:55
So, two months on from when I orignally posted this, I've hit a 3stone loss, it seems like it's taken me forever but when I look at it..3 stone in just over 11weeks.. it isn't too bad:)

ServerError
29-06-18, 16:05
That's impressive!