PDA

View Full Version : WBC

Patsymac1
27-04-18, 15:33
I had a blood test and results today say my WBC IS 31 and will be checked in a month. Should I be worried

Fishmanpa
27-04-18, 16:12
Probably a question for your doctor :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Carys
27-04-18, 17:07
Is that white blood count? If it is, then sorry I have no idea if that is low, high or just right.

When they gave you the results did they tell you what those results indicated ?

Shadowhawk
27-04-18, 19:44
First and foremost - none of us here are medical professionals; this really is a topic for your care physican.

That said, assuming that the 35 is shorthand (as given by most labs) for 35000 (with the common range being 4-11 (4000 - 11000)), then yes, that would be considered high. But a single number without the rest of the clinical context is meaningless (WBC differential, physical symptoms, prior history). An acute infection can produce those numbers, and even extreme stress has been known to cause it. Granted, it could also be something more serious, but we would be simply guessing, which wouldn't do anyone any good.

nomorepanic
27-04-18, 22:07
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239