PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody

michael
16-12-04, 21:41
Hello everyone.

I have been a sufferer of panic attacks, depression, morbid thoughts for 10 years. My mother was a sufferer and ended up confined to her home and dependant on tranquillizers.

I have been through Reiki, hypnotherapy, medication, CBT, herbal remedies, aromatherapy, dietary changes, psychotherapy, psychiatry, Alexander technique, yoga and many many books and videos etc.

I am a successful business man and a father and husband, but over the past ten years I have been swinging wildly, good and bad days, but so determined am I not to end up like my mother that no matter how I feel, I drag myself out of the house and try to have a normal day like everyone else.

The good news is I seem to be getting better, I haven't had a panic attack for months now, I still have the odd bad day, but on the whole I feel I am coming through it.

I have read everyone else's introductions, there is so much pain here, I must admit I have had a bit of cry after reading everyone else's problems. I want to reach through the screen and give all of you a hug.

Failing that (and to avoid several court orders). I want to offer my experiences and talk to anyone who wants advice. And have a vent when I am having bad days.

Good luck to all of you. All I can say for now is, as you can see from this site there are others like you and YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS.

You are not alone

Karen
16-12-04, 21:56
Hi Michael

Welcome to the site. It seems like you have worked hard and shown great determination to get where you are today. Well done for having such a positive attitude.

Everyone here does their best to support each other and I'm glad you want to be part of that.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
16-12-04, 22:19
Michael

Thank you for the lovely welcoming post and "Welcome" to you too.

Good to see you here and we look forward to hearing more from you too.

We don't mind hugs so any support you can offer will be much appreciated.

I hope you stick around for some time.

Nicola

Meg
16-12-04, 22:56
Lovely to hear from you Michael...

Well done for all your perseverence over the years.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

vernon
16-12-04, 23:17
welcome to the site Michael, Hope u also find some help and support here like i have, take care. Vernon

seh1980
17-12-04, 12:33
hello Michael,

Welcome to the site!! It's great that you sound so positive. I'm sure you will receive loads of support here, it's a great site!!

Sarah :D

jill
17-12-04, 12:38
Hi Michael

Welcome to the site.

There are lots of nice people here
who will give you help and suuport.

I myself am 95% better and its all down
to this site and the special people on here.

Reading your post you have done sooo well.
You have shown other sufferes that there is
light and the end of the tunnel.
A big WELL DONE.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

All problems have a begining and an end!

FAN
17-12-04, 18:43
hi and welcome, hope you find you get something out of the site in return for all you put in , i feel i shall after only being here a short while

fan x