PDA

View Full Version : Rib pain, lump and anxiety, help?

Airisto
28-04-18, 18:43
Hello, so about a month ago my health anxiety really kicked in, it got so bad that I developed a sharp stabbing pain throughout my left rib cage. I have to assume this was caused by anxiety becasue I’ve calmed down a lot since then and it’s not there as much anymore, now I’ll mostly feel a dull soreness where the pain once was.

When I had this pain I felt around the rib cage and noticed a have a little lump sort of near the pain. I have a few more but This one stood out becasue it felt on the muscle, it was round firm and a little movable. This caused a lot of anxiety in me again which probably made matters worse. The lump was smaller than a pea, it seems to have shrunk down a tad which seems good. My question is what could it be??

I’ve gone to 2 doctors, both have no idea what the lump is and why I had sharp rib pain. I am 19 and very thin so it’s easier for me to feel lumps and bumps in my body. I’m the only one who seems to have concern about this though.

Could it be a limpoma? A cyst? A nerve? Maybe a knot from my anxiety?

I’d really appretate any input, doctors don’t seem to know or be concerned, again it seems to have shrunk a bit and its under the skin on the left side near the middle of my ribs. I hate worrying about this, I appretate any response I can get! Sorry for the long post.

Fishmanpa
28-04-18, 20:46
We'd be guessing too but the bottom line it the doctors aren't concerned, nor should you be :)

Positive thoughts

Drgoogleaddict
29-04-18, 20:49
This one stood out becasue it felt on the muscle, it was round firm and a little movable. This caused a lot of anxiety in me again which probably made matters worse. The lump was smaller than a pea, it seems to have shrunk down a tad which seems good. My question is what could it be??

Sounds very similar to what I have, almost identical actually - even the part about it feeling smaller. I don't think any person or doctor can diagnose it without removal. My doctor sent me for an ultrasound, then an MRI and I don't have the results yet. I read that more than 99% of these things are not serious, so hopefully that's the case for us both.

Airisto
30-04-18, 14:22
Sounds very similar to what I have, almost identical actually - even the part about it feeling smaller. I don't think any person or doctor can diagnose it without removal. My doctor sent me for an ultrasound, then an MRI and I don't have the results yet. I read that more than 99% of these things are not serious, so hopefully that's the case for us both.

Oh wow, that makes me feel a tad better. I hope everything is ok with you. Please let me know the results!