PDA

View Full Version : s.o.s.

mila
17-07-07, 20:41
Hi everybody,

I really feel terrible and I know this is the best place to find some comfort:)
I have been feeling better for quite a while, even though life has been more stressful then ever before i think, still I felt I have little fears burried but I was successfully avoiding for the time being situations that would make them crop up or sometimes i`d even deal with some of them if i felt it is something i had to do. I`ve been on cipralex for a long time, and a few months ago i thought i should really go off them now. So i slowly did.
Anyway, problems have been piling up lately. I started a part time job in a club couple of weeks ago(as well as doing full time day placement at my uni), it`s only 3 nights a week but i`d be coming home at 4 or 5 and i just find it extremely difficult, every morning after that i`d feel really down and achey, depressed, i started worrying over how i feel again, started feelingthings, like little aches in strange places, or lower back stiffness and ache and tenderness in lower tummy too,tender spots around my body when i press them, i just generally felt bad...But that is all just an introduction to what happened yesterday. at some point in the day I started feeling a strange feeling in my legs and arms, like numbness, really like that feeling before your leg is going to go to sleep, or like when u hear something really dreadful and u get that sort of like a freezing feeling all over your body...Needless to say I started freaking out. Both my feet and my hands were freezing cold. I felt things like numbness through the history of my anxiety, but never in all my limbs, mostly just legs. I should really mention that it sort of started after i heard something i expected to happen and really needed to happen was not going to happen yesterday yet again. That all happened at my placement and on the way home i ended up in a&e because i was really panicking by this time, i was scared my whole body is going to become numb or something...There waiting, but i didn`t wait too long after the assessment which worked me up even more, cause there was people there waiting for hours. The guy almost straight away told me it it panic, he took my bp and said u look anxious, go to your gp.My pressure was 160 over 90, and i guess i know in theory for being in a state of panic that is nothing out of the ordinary but it got me scared even more...I went home, felt exausted for a while, it eased off a bit and then it started again, arms, legs, feeling heavy but with aches all over as well this time, dull deep pain, just in spots, lower abdomen discomfort, and bunch of other things that i know are from panicking...So i survived that, draged myself to the gp today(not mine, he wasn`t in) for him just to prescribe me cipralex again, doctor from last night said he put on the records to check the bp again and do some blood tests, he just said he doesn`t need to do any of that, it`s just my anxiety. so i`m just sitting here now trying to decide what to do, get back on meds or what...I`m scared, still can feel the wierd aches in my legs and arms, and the feeling of numbness comes and goes, and feelong of heaviness, today at one point i felt like i can`t stand anymore...My mind`s already started wondering , i started feeling a lump in my throat and i already had thought like if i start feeling i can` breathe it`s pulmonary embolism...i know myslef somethings my brain comes up with are fantastic lol but still it sets the things off and this time i really have to prevent it from spiriling out of control...
Sorry guys for my tread being so very long , but i really needed to say everything and i really need some support...:weep:

Millie

honeybee3939
18-07-07, 16:44
Hi Millie

Im sorry hun i have only just seen your post:ohmy: , i hope by the time you read this you are feeling much better.

Try to stay positive hun, you have made good progress before and im sure you can do it again. i know myself how hard it can be when you feel like you have gone a little backwards i have stopped medication before then a few months later the anxiety returned and had to go back on them again.

Dont be disheartened hun if you have to go back on medication, i have come to the conclusion if meds gives me a better quality of life then that can only be good.:)

After all there are lots of people that have to take meds everyday not through choice but because of heart problems, Diabetes etc.

Like i say i hope by now you are feeling much better...have a hug from me too.....:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

latic
18-07-07, 17:10
Hope you are feeling much better today, millie. Its just a blip and silly as it sounds it will make you stronger.

Big Huggle

mila
18-07-07, 17:28
Thank you, Andrea,for the hugs and support... :hugs:
I have started cipralex again today.
I still feel bad, I was just gonna start rambling on about it again when i saw your reply lol My legs and arms still feel the same. And my pelvic area feels tender,which is also playing on my mind,my lower back also and i have cramps on and off...but i`m gonna stop here about that lol At one point today I was just sitting here crying, being scared, almost terrified like i used to be...i was even scared to try and stand up at one point today. And only 3 days ago i was going around like everybody around me doing anything i wanted to do. That is why I find it difficult to stop worrying there`s something wrong with me other than panic.

honeybee3939
18-07-07, 18:21
Hi Millie

I have done a search for you hun and numbness is very common with anxiety, so try not to worry, if you use the search facility at the top of this screen placing the word Numbness you will see you are not alone in the way you are feeling.

try these links too....

Numbness
Numbness in arm (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2671)
NUMB ARM!!!????? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5535)
numbness?? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6456)
Numb Left Hand (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6608)

Love
:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

mila
18-07-07, 21:18
Aww Andrea, thank you so much for looking up those posts for me. I tried to look myself before but i guess i was looking more specific, i haven`t found those...
I have a new thing now as well,difficulty swallowing, and i get ache in the throat, quite low, it is like a muscle pain. the thing is this now reminds me of a symptom i used to get before, difficulty breathing and i`m very scared of that one, that was the hardest one to cope with...But it would all be easier if i still didn`t have thoughts like-maybe this time there is something really wrong with me, i freak out my all muscles are going to become paralised or something and i`ll suffocate in the end...
I`ve been moving from one chair to the other all day, just walking to the kitchen feels like a really difficult thing, my whole body just feels heavy
you`ll have enough of me moaning soo lol

honeybee3939
18-07-07, 21:23
Millie

I got the posts from the Common Problem section of the forum heres the link hun.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Magpie
19-07-07, 17:43
Hi Mila,

Sounds like things have been pretty unpleasant for you. I know that this will be a bummer to hear, but I just wanted to say that if I was you I'd think about looking for another job. It's great you've been able to do the job at the club, but research suggests that a lot of mental and physical health problems are significantly worsened by anything which disrupts natural sleeping patterns and not getting in until 4 or 5am is certainly going to do that! Hope you feel better soon anyway.

xx

mila
19-07-07, 20:44
Yeah, Magpie, I really want to quit that job myself, I called in sick yesterday, but I don`t really want to go back. but I wouldn`t be me if i wasn`t making everything complicated, I feel uncomfortable to tell them i want to quit , I know I have to do it, I know they had many people just not showing up after a week, I don`t want to just not show up anymore...
I`ve seen my regular doctor today, told him I still feel crap, and i`m still feeling depressed about things i feel, especially the legs thing. now they feel very heavy, achey and sometimes they feel very warm. arms are still bothering me too, but i think i`m more focused on legs and pelvic discomfort to be honest. He of course didn`t do anything different from the other doctor i saw, except that he put me on flupentixol while waiting for cipralex to kick back in...I was trying to do normal things today, i went to town, i walked quite a lot, I was trying to feel as I used to, but the fear about what`s wrong with me was with me all the time, just couldn`t get rid of it. I just needed to know why it isn`t anything else but anxiety, he never even looked at my legs, that is what keeps me lingering in the fear zone...
Anyway , thanks guys for being there...I`m also seeing a hypnotherapist tomorrow. i really don`t want this to last much longer, i don`t want to let it go any further than this.