PDA

View Full Version : “Dolly zoom” vision

fanta123
29-04-18, 00:13
Does anyone else experience this? I don’t have a “typical” panic attack per say. I never feel like I’m dying/having a heart attack etc. I do, however get “dolly zoom” vision. This comes first and THEN I start to panic thinking that it’s going to last forever. It’s so distressing because my vision will go like this and I will be looking at something and it continually looks like thugs are moving away from it, if I move my head it starts again...so basically my vision doesn’t stop moving.
Sort of feels like I’m falling down a hole, Alice in wonderland style.

I’m not sure how/if I can post a video on here but if you google “dolly zoom” effect there are several videos.
I hope this post made sense!

fanta123
03-05-18, 05:26
Sigh...anyone?? :(

Carys
03-05-18, 07:24
Tension in the eyes and face area and sudden adrenaline onset can cause all sorts of odd visual effects....people describe the feeling of tension as 'things moving all around you', and 'spinning' or 'whoosing' or 'as if a tunnel forms'. So, I guess whilst what you are describing sounds different to you to what others experience, I'm not so sure that it is, you just have a way to describe it better with the 'dolly zoom effect'. I think the tension vision effect is your trigger basically. I've not experienced quite that ( I've looked up a video) but certainly have had vision issues often,with things moving, that set me off worrying.