PDA

View Full Version : Sleep-in scared to fall asleep

SarahNah
29-04-18, 04:32
So for the last couple of months, I've had issues with going to sleep. I'm physical to scared to allow myself to just give into the safe place.

Every time I close my eyes to sleep(when my body finally starts to give out.) I have these moments that could happen a few nights a night when I feel like I'm suddenly not able to breath. Gasping for air before everything settles. It's very unsettling. Sometimes when I try to make myself sleep, it feels like my heart is slowly and slowly to the point it will just stop. Like my heart is pounding sometimes but I can barely feel it in my neck at other times (like tonight) This is really affecting how I sleep. Like right now I'm laying here at 4.30 am. I've tried talking to therapist about it but she just gave me breathing excrices to use and they aren't very good for me personally.

Like I had a ecg (I think that's what it's called?) at both my doctors office, breath test
and A&E. Blood tests for the heart and a chest xray. So no matter how scary it is I don't think or hope that there something with with my heart. I got these tests about two months ago? So they are up to date enough. Yet its becoming a issue. It's hugely effecting my life. Like tonight my heart feels like it keeps cutting out and its scary

Scass
29-04-18, 07:11
Why aren’t the breathing exercises good for you? It’s what I’d recommend, as they really helped me through similar. If the ones she gave you don’t work, try listening to progressive muscle relaxation on YouTube. Listen e wry night, even if it feels pointless or silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SarahNah
29-04-18, 09:44
Thank you so much for the reply! I suppose I've been trying it for a few weeks now and I know there's no quick fix but when you're laying there feeling exhausted and feed up a lot of it seems pointless. Like it's just wanting a good night's sleep! :wacko: