PDA

View Full Version : Hair loss (sides and back of head)

slab00sh
29-04-18, 04:54
Hi, so I experience bad health anxiety and anxiety in general. Also, some stress. I’m an 18 year old male. First off, I style my hair a bit odd on top. I can be quite rough on it when style, causing many hairs to be ripped out. Which has cause thinning on top. (I have also bleached and dyed the hair on top which contributed to the thinning on top.) However, I am now experiencing a new hair loss on the sides and back of my head and I noticed this morning that I have multiple visible streaks of baldness on the sides and back. What could be causing this? Will it go away and will my hair fill in those places. I plan to take a multivitamin every day from now on with vitamin b12.. Not sure what else to do. Could the hair being ripped out on top some how cause the hair on the sides and back to want to fall out or what? I’ve also included photos of what I’m talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scass
29-04-18, 07:09
Honestly I can’t see any hair loss. Your hair looks really healthy & shiny to me!

Go see your hairdresser first if you’re concerned. They can often give good advice. Or see your GP.

But yes, anxiety can definitely cause hair loss.

Fishmanpa
30-04-18, 12:29
:huh: Classic case of anxiety causing skewed perception.

Positive thoughts

slab00sh
02-05-18, 04:27
Hi, so I experience bad health anxiety and anxiety in general. Also, some stress. I’m an 18 year old male. First off, I style my hair a bit odd on top. I can be quite rough on it when style, causing many hairs to be ripped out. Which has cause thinning on top. (I have also bleached and dyed the hair on top which contributed to the thinning on top.) However, I am now experiencing a new hair loss on the sides and back of my head and I noticed this morning that I have multiple visible streaks of baldness on the sides and back. What could be causing this? Will it go away and will my hair fill in those places. I plan to take a multivitamin every day from now on with vitamin b12.. Not sure what else to do. Could the hair being ripped out on top some how cause the hair on the sides and back to want to fall out or what? I’ve also included photos of what I’m talking about.

nomorepanic
02-05-18, 13:00
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

nomorepanic
02-05-18, 13:00
I am going to remove the pictures as they are too big.