PDA

View Full Version : Head pains, worried sick

Chlobo
29-04-18, 07:26
For the last week I’ve had a virus, sore throat and chills etc. The chills have gone now but I still have quite a sore throat. The issue I’m worried about is every time I bend over my head hurts. It’s hard to pin point where the exact pain is but it’s more in the back of my head than anywhere else. It’s usually okay if I bend down but when I straighten back up it hurts. My glands in my neck are still affected from this virus and my throat is still painful. Would this head issue be related? It started yesterday afternoon and it hasn’t gone away even after taking painkillers because it’s not what I would class as a normal headache.
My brother had a brain tumor at my age and my health anxiety centers around I’m in such a panic I can’t think straight this morning. Please help, I’m so scared

---------- Post added at 07:26 ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 ----------

My head actually feels strange just in general, I’m sitting down now and it feels almost throbbing but not that painful. I’m so worried about it. It seems whenever I bend I feel pressure, I thought if it was a sinus headache it would be more in my eyes and face not just my head

Sabbine17
29-04-18, 10:54
Hi
I'm sorry you have those symptoms! I had the same worry at some point, mine was like a shooting pain that lasted for about 2 minutes every time I stood up and a general throbbing/axhy feeling in the back of the head. I pushed and eventually got a scan and it revealed nothig, turns out it was a trapped nerve in the neck/ shoulder area caused from stress and bad posture at work..which my physio took care of but it took a few weeks to go.

I would say go to a chiro/physio, and if it it gets worse see a doctor and ask for a scan, or even your physio can request that. I doubt it's anything serious or related to the virus but being sick could be making everything worse given that it makes you tired/worried etc. and I'm sorry about your brother, just remember HA can put anything under a magnifying lens and make us feel worse.

Hope you feel better, let us know how you get on :)

Chlobo
30-04-18, 13:16
Thank you for the response. That’s exactly how mine feels but it’s all over my forehead as well, I’ve never had a headache like this before and I take painkillers but it comes back. I’m feeling really vulnerable because of my brother and finding it hard to cope with this at the moment, im going to try and get in with a doctor tomorrow but I’m just so scared it’s my worst fear. I never suffer with headaches either, so this is unusual for me

Samgad
30-04-18, 13:27
If you have a virus and youre all blocked up from it it could definately be the cause so try not to over worry yourself. Give it some time and see if it subsides with the virus. If youre really worried i sometimes book a doctors appointment for a few weeks in advance (since the wait can be so long by me anyway) and then a week or so before the appointment is due reassess the symptoms and cancel the appointment if you don't need it. Someone will probably be glad theres been a cancellation and that they can have that appointment anyway! Sometimes knowing i have an appointment coming up calms me and the symptoms go away by themselves before I've even seen the doc!

Chlobo
30-04-18, 21:11
I’ve just never a headache that’s lasted this long. It’s so odd! All I can think of is brain tumor, I may book a doctors appointment for tomorrow, I just can’t cope with head aches. Let alone one that’s lasted three days, will be four tomorrow!

Chlobo
01-05-18, 07:08
Can anyone else offer some help? This headache is constant unless I take pain killers. I’m an absolute mess, I can’t wven take my daughter to school be ages my anxiety around this is so bad. I really need some help