PDA

View Full Version : Sunburnt today feeling anxious

Earthmum
29-04-18, 20:00
Hi guys
Today I took my dogs for a walk and it was sunny and very windy, I totally forgot to put sunscreen on and spent an hour walking, when I got home I realised my chest and shoulders were red and hot. Now I'm freaking out that I may develop heat exaustion then heat stroke :scared15:could some one put my mind at ease ? Should I worry my mouth has gone dry and I'm totally flipping out.

greendecker
29-04-18, 20:07
I think you're definitely good. From what I know you don't develop heat stroke or heat exhaustion from being sunburnt, if you were to develop any symptoms you would have got them before you got home. I doubt you're sunburnt as well because you weren't intentionally laying out exposing yourself to the sun, you were on a mission to go for a walk with your dogs. You're probably just thirsty because it's dehydrating to be out in the sun and you were walking for an hour. It's common in nature to be out in the sun without sunscreen, you're going to be ok!

Fishmanpa
29-04-18, 20:09
Hi guys
Today I took my dogs for a walk and it was sunny and very windy, I totally forgot to put sunscreen on and spent an hour walking, when I got home I realised my chest and shoulders were red and hot. Now I'm freaking out that I may develop heat exaustion then heat stroke :scared15:could some one put my mind at ease ? Should I worry my mouth has gone dry and I'm totally flipping out.

You're having a panic attack over this. I wish there were words to calm you.

Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Earthmum
29-04-18, 20:11
Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it!!! But I am red and a little sore.... I'm just drinking lots of water and trying to tell my self I will be ok :unsure:

greendecker
29-04-18, 20:12
Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it!!! But I am red and a little sore.... I'm just drinking lots of water and trying to tell my self I will be ok :unsure:

Yeah your body will deal with the redness on its own. It knows its from the sun and won't let anything bad happen to you because of it!

Earthmum
29-04-18, 20:15
@fishmanpa oh yes I am :wacko: and thank you

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Yeah your body will deal with the redness on its own. It knows its from the sun and won't let anything bad happen to you because of it!

Aw Thanks ..bless you guys :emot-pray:

Fishmanpa
29-04-18, 20:17
@fishmanpa oh yes I am :wacko: and thank you

C'mon now EMum. Just put some cream on it. You've been around the block and know all the neighbors :shades:

Positive thoughts

Annaboodle
29-04-18, 20:38
Aww, you'll be fine. Just drink plenty of water. I've had heat stroke on holiday before and it hit really fast (and I was out in the sun in Greece for several hours in the middle of Summer not moving around AND I was drinking a lot of alcohol like an idiot for that to happen). But even then I was fine anyway after a day or so.

Earthmum
29-04-18, 20:41
:D I'm feeling better already!!!!! Thank you guys

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

Aww, you'll be fine. Just drink plenty of water. I've had heat stroke on holiday before and it hit really fast (and I was out in the sun in Greece for several hours in the middle of Summer not moving around AND I was drinking a lot of alcohol like an idiot for that to happen). But even then I was fine anyway after a day or so.

Aw really? :scared15: glad you was ok.. hate the way HA makes us think every thing is deadly! So annoyingly exhausting....:wacko:

ankietyjoe
30-04-18, 09:13
You don't suffer heat stroke/exhaustion after the fact. It happens when you're in the situation that causes it, and it happens hard and fast. Minutes.