PDA

View Full Version : Sitting outside doctors...

tan235
29-04-18, 22:30
Freaking out as i have a lump in my private area, I’ve had it for years but it’s suddentl dawned on me that I’ve never had it checked!
Googled lump vulva and found vulva cancer.
My heart is beating 130 bpm, I cant swallow I feel so sick.
It’s also dawned on me that I can’t live like this.
I’ve lost my enjoyment in life - my anxiety is growing the older I get and I’m depressed.
So I’ve also decided that I’m going to start meds.
I might use this site a bit more if I start meds.
I’m really scared that this time, this time I have something.
I’ve been this scared before but now it’s a real lump, I can see it - I’ve seen it for years but I never got it checked!!! Sorry for my random post just needed to share my fear somewhere... fingers crossed.

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

I’ve actually never been so scared... I know they will have to biopsy as you can’t tell without a biopsy. I think I’m going to be sick.

Annaboodle
29-04-18, 22:38
I think it's really positive that you've realised you can't carry on like this without something changing. If that's meds then that's fine. That is what worked for me along with therapy when I was at my worst.

You know that if you Google anything and "lump" you're going to find cancer. Try and keep in mind that the majority of all lumps are benign nothings wherever you find them. Plus you've had it for years you said. If it was sinister there'd be other symptoms by now right? Think about what you'd advise someone else about this. Bound to be nervous. I know it's hard waiting but even if you are actually sick, that doesn't really matter. Not really. Bet anything you won't be though. This scary thing'll be over soon. Plan something nice in your head for later today. x

EmmerLooeez
29-04-18, 22:39
Good on you for deciding to take meds and tackle your anxiety. It's not an easy decision, but it's a step towards recovery and that's fantastic.

Re: your lump. Your anxiety is having you worst-case-scenario. I have a few bumps around there myself, there are a few very common reasons for these. Cysts, varicose veins, even your glands can be noticeable. It is highly unlikely that you have cancer, especially as you've had this lump for years.

Do go and get it checked for your peace of mind. Xxx

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

tan235
29-04-18, 23:54
It’s a sebaceous cyst!!!!! I got a script for streline?? Antidepressant! I’m so over this ..... thank you for responding x

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

I’m so glad I posted this, helps me too see my process and how most of it is in my head!
Starting the meds tomorrow - I wish us all luck and resilience x

nomorepanic
30-04-18, 00:51
Please be aware that you will most likely get side-effects from the new meds though

MyNameIsTerry
30-04-18, 02:16
Having had the lump years would always suggest it's benign. And it's strange how it wasn't an issue until now. Is that because you noticed it and it triggered your HA cycle off?

Starting meds is a good option, it may help your intensity of these thoughts reduce. Therapy is a must to though or at least lots of self help.

Don't worry about reaching out on here, meds can make you more anxious at first and forum members need to remember that will only manifest as an intensification of your current cycles.

unsure_about_this
30-04-18, 08:12
I am male I thought I felt a lump in my private area, and was referred as the gp was unsure a couple of years ago, just cysts in the end.

Always sensible to get a lump checked by a doctor