PDA

View Full Version : Introducing me!

Samgad
30-04-18, 11:48
Hi,

I'm Sam, I have recently been really struggling with anxiety more than i normally do. (mostly medical and work related stress). Am lucky enough to have a great private insurance policy (UK) So skipped the NHS and went straight to phychiatrist who has prescribed pregabalin and CBT. He thinks that I have probably always had GAD and this would be why i also have a history of depressive episodes when i was younger.

I started my pregabalin yesterday (after spending 2 weeks with it sitting in my car as i was too scared to take it!). Only on 50mg to start so hoping any side effects will be minimal.

Nice to meet you all!

venusbluejeans
30-04-18, 11:54
Hiya Samgad and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

EmmerLooeez
30-04-18, 12:50
Hi Sam!

Welcome :) you are fortunate indeed to have ready access to such services. Have you started CBT yet? I hope that your treatments and the forum help you get back to yourself.

Emma x

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Samgad
30-04-18, 13:01
Thanks for the welcome!
I haven't started the CBT, I had a call from someone offering me an appt but it wasnt who i was expecting from the physc so im waiting his reply to check that its right.

Even privately its been more hassle than I would like!!

EmmerLooeez
30-04-18, 13:13
Yeah it's frustrating to arrange isn't it. I have waited 13 months so far for my psych apt, so in the meantime I've paid privately for a counsellor.. thinking it would be easy. [emoji23]

Samgad
30-04-18, 14:46
Yep, you would think when you're paying it would be a little more "when would you like to see someone". When i told some (private) therapists that i wanted an appointment outside the 9-5 hours, they acted like i was being unreasonable and suggested i take time off work. I know that these are the most popular appoimtments and they get busy but I dont feel like they should suggest me taking time off work (big problem/inconvienience/stress) when I'm paying.
Maybe I'm being too expectant.

EmmerLooeez
30-04-18, 17:00
No, I think you're right. You are paying for the service and if they operate at those times then they should try and accomodate you.