PDA

View Full Version : New fear

KM92
30-04-18, 12:23
I have been doing quite well with my HA, working with therapists and medication etc. but I feel like I’m going backwards, I feel quite shaky in one hand when I hold it outstretched, I’m scared I’m developing a tremor due to neurological disorder. One finger moves around quite a lot and I’m panicking, it’s been around for the last 3-4 weeks.

Nervousmommy
30-04-18, 12:29
It’s probably just over exertion. Tremors during movement aren’t concerning. I have an essential tremor. It’s much worse when I’m anxious.

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

AND SSRI’s can also give tremors.

Samgad
30-04-18, 13:19
I went through a terrible stage of constantly checking my hands for tremor - not fun. But i know where youre coming from. Theres so many things that can cause a little shaking, trapped nerve, low blood sugar, over extersion etc. If you're looking for the symptom, you'll probably find one and a small amount of shaking is normal for most people. Try and avoid constantly checking it and if youre really worried next time you're at the doctors ask their opinion, with me they took about 3 seconds to ensure me it definately wasnt a proper tremor.

KM92
30-04-18, 15:06
I had a panic attack ended up speaking to a doctor, he is aware of my previous history and reassured me a bit. The checking and monitoring is so debilitating, I am working with my therapist to try and get break my monitoring habits, I was doing well, I wasn’t seeking reassurance as much and had stopped gooogling. For some reason it just all triggered again, I reverted back to googling which spurned the panic attack... I just wish I could get better quicker! It’s really affecting my life so much.
The doctor said that if you’re high functioning, e.g. have a job and can maintain commitments such as uni, excersize etc. It’s unlikely you have a nuerological condition, why can’t I just believe this!