PDA

View Full Version : Haemorrhoids I think?

Elizabeth Fry
30-04-18, 13:21
I have posted here before and found your comments very helpful. Could anyone help with this?
My HA is very bad at the moment - I am in mourning for my husband. I have post infectious ibs and haemorrhoids. As I had a raised caloprotectin level I have recently had ct scan, segmented x-rays of the colon and bowel, colonoscopy, gastroscopy and except for a couple of polyps (which were ok) all the tests were negative. That’s when they diagnosed the ibs, haemorrhoids and bile malabsorption. As the consultant thinks it’s a bacterial overgrowth in the bowel I had a mobile camera endoscopy last week - you dispose of the camera in your bowel movement. I’ll get the result in 2 weeks. I had to have the moviprep stuff which really irritated the haemorrhoids. I have even had a normal bowel screening result.
Even so....The haemorrhoids are sore at the moment and there was a bit of pink on the bowl when I went to the loo - BM. I think it’s most likely the haemorrhoids but I am traumatised by worry.
HA is so wicked. I would really value your opinion?
Thank you so much.x

EmmerLooeez
30-04-18, 13:35
It sounds like hemorrhoids to me lovely. I think you know that yourself though. All of your screening has been clear and you have been diagnosed with the above.

I am so sorry to read about your husband. Stress makes our anxiety higher for sure. Your doctors sound like they are being really thorough, try to take comfort from your results. X

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Elizabeth Fry
30-04-18, 13:55
Thank you for replying and your reassuring words. So kindly put too. I do know really.....I just panic at everything that happens. I will do as you say and reassure myself with the results. That makes sense.

When I saw my GP last Monday I mentioned they were sore and she said - there is absolutely nothing wrong with your bowel - she was reassuring me. She is so very good.

I think with HA at its peak everything becomes a worry. I have been taking Diazepam, a small dose, now and then. It works at first but with me it wears off and then actually increases the anxiety. I don’t know if this is worse now because I’ve stopped? I was also on Mirtrazipine 7.5 mgs for nausea but stopped it before Christmas. So not taking anything now. I am seeing a bereavement counsellor and she has started to help with the HA. I am scared though.

I wonder if you have any other ideas of what I can do? Nobody I know understands this.xx