PDA

View Full Version : Weak heart questions

Lemondrizzle
30-04-18, 17:20
Hope someone can help....

Medications: propranolol, seroxat and bp meds

Situation: dizzy spell off balance for a bit at work (I had just got out the elevator so maybe a contributing factor?!)

Summary: Felt dizzy and off balance today so booked an appointment with doctors and I asked her to listen to my heart and she listened then said “well I can’t hear it very well” I nearly crapped myself! Why can’t she hear it well is it weak??? I’m stressed now!!!!

I asked her why she couldn’t hear it well and she said sometimes that happens with larger people ... but that didnt reassure me.

So I now feel more anxious than I did in the first place!!!

Fishmanpa
30-04-18, 18:13
Obviously the doctor doesn't feel it's an issue so why stress? :shrug: You're on meds to control things anyway. What can we say that could help really? I agree with her reply. Sometimes it's harder to hear the heart in larger people (and by larger I assume overweight).

Positive thoughts

Lemondrizzle
30-04-18, 19:51
I automate thought omg I have a weak heart!!!!

I think the worst

Yes overweight

Thanks for the reply appreciate it and it makes sense.

I asked her for an ecg and she said no

Fishmanpa
30-04-18, 20:04
I automate thought omg I have a weak heart!!!!

I think the worst
Yes overweight

Thanks for the reply appreciate it and it makes sense.

I asked her for an ecg and she said no

Isn't that the crux of what HA is? You took one word out of context and made it a serious issue :doh:

The heart is the most durable muscle in our bodies. It can take a lickin' and keep on tickin' I'm a testament of that having had two heart attacks, bypass surgery and stents. A "weak" heart is a heart that has been ravaged by disease and only occurs in the elderly and others with pre-existing conditions. If for a moment your doctor thought there was something to follow up on, it would have happened. The fact she refused to give you an ECG speaks volumes!

Positive thoughts

Lemondrizzle
30-04-18, 20:36
Isn't that the crux of what HA is? You took one word out of context and made it a serious issue :doh:

The heart is the most durable muscle in our bodies. It can take a lickin' and keep on tickin' I'm a testament of that having had two heart attacks, bypass surgery and stents. A "weak" heart is a heart that has been ravaged by disease and only occurs in the elderly and others with pre-existing conditions. If for a moment your doctor thought there was something to follow up on, it would have happened. The fact she refused to give you an ECG speaks volumes!

Positive thoughts

It was a nurse and I think the fact she was dr made me doubt things.

Sorry I should have wrote she was a nurse.

I’m over weight and have abused my body with food in 35 and 21 stone I don’t drink or smoke hoping that is something half decent.

But your right I took one word out of context and shit myself. I find that I go over and over what happened during the appointment As well reading into it all