PDA

View Full Version : Burning skin feeling, but no anxiety?

lofwyr
30-04-18, 17:42
So a query for the experts out there. My wife has a patch of skin on her back, right over the left shoulder blade, that has a burning, rug burn sensation, and has remained for over two weeks now. It started when she was doing a lot of hard, physical labor. It has remained constant since.

Many of us have had this sort of thing from anxiety, but my question is, have you folks had this when it wasn't from anxiety, and if so, was there a cause? She is actually among the least anxious human beings I know, and she isn't worried about this (lucky her) though I am not overly worried.

Can trauma of a physical nature (muscle work etc) cause that sort of sensation? She says it is constant, but not severe.

Munchlet
30-04-18, 20:02
I would say yes it possible could be some kind of reaction to the physical work, maybe she has injured a nerve that is acting up.

A few years ago my husband was doing a lot of work that involved laying on the ground, he was working under cupboards and he said his thigh felt cold and almost numb in one area. It went on for a few weeks then just disappeared but he thought that was due to him putting pressure on it whilst he was working.

My other thought was Shingles? That can create a burning pain but I think there's normally a rash of some kind.