PDA

View Full Version : Sertroline and anxiety

EricOswald
30-04-18, 19:26
Hello.
Ive been taking sertraline for about 2 weeks now for chronic anxiety. Not sure if its the medication but still dont feel well. Have strange swaying sensation, nausea and waves of strange sensations. I had these before taking the medication and seems to be there all the timw now.
Been anxious all my life particularly worrying that soemthing is wrong with me.
Had a seizure about 6 weeks ago and was terrified it was a brain tumour. Had CT scan and was normal, all bloods normal and doctor says i have chronic anxiety. Just want these horrid feelings to go away and not due to see a neurologist until the end of July.

venusbluejeans
30-04-18, 19:33
Hiya EricOswald and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
06-05-18, 13:41
Good Morning EricOswald

As far as the medication, I'm not familiar with it, I still take Prozac 40mg. I do know with Prozac there is a breaking in point for the meds to get into your system. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist on that. Along with panic, I also have health anxiety issues. My suggestion would be find a doctor you trust and trust what he/she is telling you.

I wake up at night even know a worry something is wrong. but since I stay on top my medical situation. Usually a few minutes of breathing and mediation calms me down. Talk positively to yourself, ask yourself questions. Exercise and an be proactive with your health and your anxiety. EricOswald I wish for you the best, use NMP to follow others stories and know you are not alone.

figi
06-05-18, 19:46
Hello.
Ive been taking sertraline for about 2 weeks now for chronic anxiety. Not sure if its the medication but still dont feel well. Have strange swaying sensation, nausea and waves of strange sensations. I had these before taking the medication and seems to be there all the timw now.
Been anxious all my life particularly worrying that soemthing is wrong with me.
Had a seizure about 6 weeks ago and was terrified it was a brain tumour. Had CT scan and was normal, all bloods normal and doctor says i have chronic anxiety. Just want these horrid feelings to go away and not due to see a neurologist until the end of July.
Hi EricOswaldu

I was on Sertraline for a short while. It took my hunger away and I felt very sick in the mornings. I also had diarrhoea. It takes about 4 weeks to have any effect on your mood. It works for some and not for others. Everybody's chemical makeup is different. I hope it works for you.

panicy potato pasta
07-05-18, 03:01
hello, im new as well. its normal to feel odd when starting the new meds,anxiety increase can also be expected for the first few weeks. ask your doctor about all the side effects and read the label for things to watch out for. my anxiety made be feel like i was having a secure 3 times, and pain in places i wont mention. i felt sick and even felt i was going to die those three times. it wasn't extreme, but my body shook all over, as if i where outside in my underwear in the winter.
if your doctor didn't tell you that your are a secure sufferer, this could have been it.

Scaredone
07-05-18, 23:35
hello, I used to take this medication and didn't take a while for it to kick in. Are you on a low dosage? sometimes the side effects make you feel worse than before but it does eventually pass and you'll start to feel calmer. :)

Tyke
08-05-18, 04:20
Hello EricOswald

I have been on Sertraline a couple of times before and may be going back on it again. As has been said by others, it does take a whille for it to 'kick in'. For me it really helped, but it took around four weeks before I felt any therapeutic effect. The side effects before that were not nice, but it WAS worth it in the end. As you are around two weeks in, you may be half way there to feeling some benefit. It is worth sticking with it if you can. If it works and you start to feel better you will really appreciate the help it gives you.