PDA

View Full Version : Hello

MattieJ
30-04-18, 20:00
Hello, I am a 28 yr old male and I have had social anxiety with a few other problems attached most of my life. This has impacted on my life in a big way. I had school phobia which stopped me going and totally messed me up. I shut myself away and am still doing it. I have tried to work but it ends up with me getting panic attacks and going back into hiding away again. I find it very hard to interact with people so stay in my room, I still live with my parents and can't see anyway of ever moving on with my life. I have been to see Drs and councillor's but they never seem to stay around long. They are quick to put you on medication and send you away but not really give you any answers. I am sure most on here have the same story to tell, but just to hear someone give me something to tell me there is a bit of light at the end of a very dark tunnel and I will be grateful.

venusbluejeans
30-04-18, 20:05
Hiya MattieJ and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MattieJ
30-04-18, 20:38
Thanks, hope I can find something to help me.

Rad1
28-06-18, 18:14
Hi Mattie,

I can really relate to your story.

It sounds really tough on you. I too ran away from my first proper job as I got so anxious I couldn't take it. I would have a racing heart, and be really nauseous. Just at a time when you want to be performing well.

But do you know, I did manage to get going and in the end Ive taken on incredible challenges.
I didn't do it the conventional way.

Anyway, it sounds like you need to do some counselling. You can do it online.

Actually - I am still vulnerable many many years on. And I'm facing big challenges. I started counselling again. But believe me, you can turn things around. Little steps.
Let me know how you are getting on.

Rad1