PDA

View Full Version : Tonsil Stone?

LouiseC1896
30-04-18, 20:15
Hi, I suffer from tonsil stones, it used to be only in my right tonsil but they seemed to have cleared up and now I get them in my left one. Not a lot but there’s one that’s been there since January, I noticed it after I had a really bad sinus infection. I could not get it out at all.

I went to the dentist in March and he said it was nothing to worry about, that it was just a calcium deposit and would come out on it’s own. However it’s been 4 months and it’s slightly bigger. Also, I feel i alsways get random pains in my throat and neck!

Now I’m really worried, I keep thinking I have tonsil cancer and can’t stop looking at it and prodding it!

Fishmanpa
30-04-18, 20:28
You know it's a tonsil stone so there's no reason to drift toward cancer. Besides, that's not how it presents. It it's bothering you, perhaps a doctor visit to remove it would be in order.

Positive thoughts

doglover1967
01-05-18, 03:29
I can usually remove them myself and do because they cause such bad breath, but if you can’t get it yourself, have it removed. Rest assured your dentist knows a tonsil stone when he/she sees one.

tan235
01-05-18, 10:09
I get these, oh my lord they are so annoying!! Sometimes mine stay for ages and other times they disappear..... they are a main, I gargle with salt water that seems to help!
x I've had them for years and years!

LouiseC1896
04-05-18, 12:28
Thank you for your replies. Part of me knows it’s a stone but I’m worried because they have never stayed so long, no matter how much a prod it, it doesn’t come out and it just gets sore!

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Just tried again and it starting bleeding! Feel like I’m going crazy!

Fishmanpa
04-05-18, 12:39
Just tried again and it starting bleeding! Feel like I’m going crazy!

Geez Louise, just see a doc then. They can help remove it if its bothering you that much.

Positive thoughts

Phuzella
04-05-18, 15:45
Please stop prodding your throat . No wonder it's sore :)