PDA

View Full Version : First time Poster here

P-Mo
01-05-18, 04:43
Hello,

Long time reader, but this is my first time posting.

A little about myself...

I had my first panic attack at the age of 17 and am now 33. Been dealing with anxiety and panic disorder for quite some time.

Over the years I've had very good stretches for quite some time and some bad ones. The past year has probably been the most difficult for me in managing this.
I will post more under related topics with my main issues and concerns, but I wanted to introduce myself here. Sometimes it's hard and I feel like I will never be "myself" again. I was someone who traveled the world and lately getting on a plane or sleeping somewhere other than my home with my fiancé or at my moms, makes me very nervous because I'm always dreading the next panic attack. I'm even scared sleeping at home. I love sleep, and I just am not getting enough of it anymore because of my worrying. I've had a few nocturnal attacks over the past year, two of which have landed me in the ER because I thought I was dying.

Anyway, I just wanted to get in here because I think talking about it with other people who really understand, will be helpful.

Thank you for reading

venusbluejeans
01-05-18, 04:50
Hiya P-Mo and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: