PDA

View Full Version : Stomach pain everyday

Paranoid Louis
01-05-18, 19:33
Hi all,
since Christmas I have had a stomach ache daily and I looked up stomach cancer which made me anxious but the ache was my only symptom. I saw the GP in January and he told me I was probably overthinking it. Last year, one of my relatives died from stomach cancer and in October one of my parents died from cancer. My anxiety has gotten really bad and I think it may be causing my constipation. Went to the GP again in February and was prescribed laxatives which helped for a time but constipated again. Third time I went to GP, I got blood work done which came back normal. My main fears are stomach or pancreatic cancer. My stools have been lighter in colour sometimes not everyday though, sometimes normal brown but the colour is becoming an obsession of mine. I should note that I have been anxious for years but this is at a new height. I read something about stools being lighter if anxious. I'm only 19 btw and often exercise and at a healthy weight.

Louis

vicky23
02-05-18, 09:36
Hi Louis,
I'm sorry to hear of that deaths in your family. It's natural that your anxious mind would focus on this but with health anxiety we have to trust our Dr's. Maybe ask your GP to be referred for some therapy to help you work on your fears. Loads of people on this forum have the same worries as you and are stuck in the cycle of asking for reassurance, getting a bit of relief short term but then the anxieties come back.
Best wishes

Paranoid Louis
10-05-18, 16:34
Thanks for the reply Vicky. Yeah, you're right because each time I went to the doctors, I felt better for a few days before becoming anxious again. It's weird though because I don't notice anything when I'm in a good mood. I'm just trying to relax at the moment because thinking too much really is a bother.