PDA

View Full Version : Can an astigmatism cause wavy vision / straight lines to look wavy bent?

amybaker217
01-05-18, 19:36
Sometimes when I look at something like the edge of a table or something with one eye closed if I look a little above it I see it bent/wavy same if I look slightly left while on the computer looking at the computer with my eyes. My optician said its because I don't wear my glasses and I have an astigmatism but I feel it's more than that. Please help me I have had anxiety over this for over a week and its ruining my life.

Fishmanpa
01-05-18, 19:40
My question to you is: Why would you look at something like the edge of a table or something with one eye closed and purposely look a little above it? What person does this in normal life and what purpose would it serve?

If we do something we normally don't do, we're bound to find something odd about it :shrug:

Positive thoughts

amybaker217
01-05-18, 19:45
My question to you is: Why would you look at something like the edge of a table or something with one eye closed and purposely look a little above it? What person does this in normal life and what purpose would it serve?

If we do something we normally don't do, we're bound to find something odd about it :shrug:

Positive thoughts

It's just I posted about this on reddit and some guy told me that my optician doesn't make sense and that I sound like I have degeneration or a retinal problem. I feel like I'm about to vomit and cry. I'm shaking and so scared.

Fishmanpa
01-05-18, 19:55
Trolls say mean things....

Positive thoughts

IrishMonkey92
07-05-18, 13:14
Sometimes when I look at something like the edge of a table or something with one eye closed if I look a little above it I see it bent/wavy same if I look slightly left while on the computer looking at the computer with my eyes. My optician said its because I don't wear my glasses and I have an astigmatism but I feel it's more than that. Please help me I have had anxiety over this for over a week and its ruining my life.

I get this, but without closing one eye!

Bigboyuk
07-05-18, 13:39
It's just I posted about this on reddit and some guy told me that my optician doesn't make sense and that I sound like I have degeneration or a retinal problem. I feel like I'm about to vomit and cry. I'm shaking and so scared. I would rather trust a optician than some stranger on a forum you don't even know :whistles: ATB