PDA

View Full Version : Hypnosis - Anxiety, Panic & Overthinking!

Kendra
02-05-18, 18:41
Me again! :hugs:

It's been a while in the middle of a relapse again....

Took the plunge today and booked myself in for some hypnosis! Been saving for a while but I just want to try something I've never done before!

Has anyone tried it? I'm hoping it will work and I am totally open to it.

I've also referred myself for some online therapy sessions they are ringing me to discuss it next week. I'm sick of having anxiety, panic attacks and overthinking everything which makes me worse and causes most of the problems? Anyone else do this?

This illness sucks x

Samgad
03-05-18, 09:04
I did some hypnosis before, i got very bad with anxiety after a bad nosebleed. I went weekly for a few months and although its hard to say how much it helped (as there is no me that didn't go to compare to) i definately found the sessions themselves very relaxing.

The therapist made a tape for me to listen to to reinforce it, but i wasnt very good with it because i kept falling asleep! :doh: although falling asleep with no need for meds and no panic is, in itself, a great thing.

I definately overthink everything too. Good luck with the therapies!

welsh girl
07-05-18, 08:42
O yes it does work. I have been to a Hypnotist several times in the past, and although expensive well worth every penny.
You must go prepared to bare all your secrets and do not go with any negative thoughts about if it will work , as it is under unusual circumstances ,
For example, In told him something that I had never dared speak of to anyone before quite shook me. I wish you all the best and please report back.