PDA

View Full Version : I'm only 20... but i've just had a mole removed and multiple other health concerns

Troubledeconomist
02-05-18, 22:26
Hi all,

I posted on this thread about a mole i was worried about a couple of weeks ago. I managed to see the dermatologist on monday. I showed her my suspicious moles and she took photos and wants to monitor them, but wasn't concerned. She asked me if i had any on my back, and i said i did have a small one (about 2x3 mm) and she took one look at it, said it had lost some colour and wanted to get rid of it. By 9:30am the next morning i was having it done (luckily she ran a mole clinic on tuesdays and had free appointments in the morning.) She said she wanted to remove it because it had lost colour but as a precaution as its on my back and more difficult to monitor.

Im worrying a little, just because i've had a lot of health concerns of late. I have extremely bad ezcema up my arms and down my back, i've had eczema when i was a child but nothing in the last 15 years. I've also got what the doctors believe is a lipoma, but essentially ive got a painless, lump that moves slightly - I have had one of these removed before when i was 9.

But also i've been having tests for prolactin, as i've noticed that my breasts can produce a small quantity of milk when squeezed. My prolactin level is around 650 and the normal according to my doctor is 450. This is troubling me as i've read online (i know i should't but its my kryptonite!) that there is somewhat of a link between prolactin and malignant melanoma.

Essentially i am worried i have skin cancer - could anyone reassure me here? Thanks guys

Super_Freaked
03-05-18, 05:30
All that and only 20 years old ehgh !

sounds like your doing pretty good