PDA

View Full Version : Skin discoloration; opinions?

concerned_hippo
02-05-18, 23:06
Hey everyone,

I'm sorry to bother you all with my hopefully baseless concerns, but it's been a bit of a stressful few months and this has only added onto the pile. A few months ago, a strange discoloration appeared on my chest in an area that is rarely ever exposed to sunlight. It was red, possibly a little dry, and about 1.5cm in diameter. In all of this time, it hasn't really changed in size, though the center does appear to have gotten darker, and the very center looks almost like a light scar.

Of course, I resorted to Google, and found just about nothing that looks like what I've got. The closest I found was radial melanoma, and that, of course, freaked me out. I've scheduled an appointment to get a referral for a dermatologist, but that's a few months away, and I was hoping for some opinions in the meantime. I've linked to the image below.

https://i.imgur.com/vGFffFT.jpg

Honestly, there are times when I think it's nothing to worry about and times when it freaks me out. Sometimes I'm convinced it looks too light to be worrisome. Other times, it looks too dark. I know you all can't give me a diagnosis, but your opinions are very welcome.

Thanks!

roseanxiety
12-05-18, 01:02
It sort of looks like a little rash. Have you tried any kind of cream on it to see if it clears up? Maybe a fungus cream? I wonder if it could be ringworm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk