PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom issues

Anxiousamyj
03-05-18, 20:16
Hello, after a few weeks of feeling better, I'm beginning to have some wobbles of the HA coming back. Last fall/winter, I was having a lot of digestive issues and was worried about cancer. I had an x Ray in January 2018 on my lower abdomen, sacrum, tailbone area (where they said I was really constipated) but otherwise normal, an abdominal ultrasound in october, which was normal, and tons of blood work, several times, the latest being in March of 2018. All were normal. My doctor says I'm healthy. I see a psychiatrist as well as a CBT therapist for my HA. Here's the current issue though: sometimes when I go to the bathroom, I'll have normal to hard stool and this is sometimes followed by loose stools about 30 minutes or so later. When I get the loose stools, it burns down there. I'm also having lower back pain and tailbone area burning. I don't know if these are connected. I've been the the doctor when I was having my HA spiral and had all these things investigated. I'm wondering if I should go back and ask for more tests, or are there symptoms just due to my anxiety and muscle tension. I had lost a lot of weight during my worst HA, but have gained most of it back, which does reassure me. I just feel the anxiety kicking up a notch and I'm having instruisve and obsessively health thoughts again, albeit much more mildly than before. What should I do? I'm not sure if these symptoms are serious, or if the tests I've had are enough. The symptoms do come and go some, and I have plenty of days where my BMs are normal and I don't have the pain. I've never had any bleeding.

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

The doctor never diagnosed me with anything, just said "there are a lot of nerves down there that are connected and can get irritated". I saw my obgyn and had an exam, both in August of last year and February of this year. She examined my bottom pretty thoroughly and said I look fine. I'm having trouble controlling the HA at the moment. I take Klonopin when the anxiety is really bad, but I try not to use it, as I know it's addicting. I just started NAC supplements on the advice of my psychiatrist, so could these symptoms be side effects. Trying so hard not to Google.

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

I'm a 39 year old female, by the way.

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

Anyone?

Fishmanpa
03-05-18, 20:34
My doctor says I'm healthy....The doctor never diagnosed me with anything... my obgyn examined my bottom pretty thoroughly and said I look fine.

I'm having trouble controlling the HA at the moment.

That's about it in a nutshell. You're in therapy and have meds. Those are positives. Use the tools you have to help yourself.

Positive thoughts

Anxiousamyj
04-05-18, 01:40
In trying to use my tools and they aren't working so well. I hate when symptoms come back or don't go away despite all my efforts. I feel like if I didn't have aches and pains!, I wouldn't have HA. I don't sit around worrying about diseases (mostly cancer) unless I have symptoms! I did go to a really strenuous yoga class this evening and felt a bit better afterwards. I haven't been exercising as much due to starting a new job, so maybe that's part of it. I hate having HA. It's so frustrating and depressing.

Fishmanpa
04-05-18, 02:23
At least you recognize it and that's a real positive! That puts you well ahead of the game. Keep up the good fight!

Positive thoughts

Anxiousamyj
04-05-18, 02:31
Thank you for the encouraging words. :)