PDA

View Full Version : ALS - weak tongue?

RadioGaGa
03-05-18, 18:34
Well six years ago I had severe ALS anxiety. It went away in October 2012 ans came back about a month ago. I thought my right toe was weaker than my left, which my partner has as well.

But then I noticed when I try to wiggle my tongue side to side it doesn’t do it as quickly sometimes. Other times it does it quick. I feel my tongue is weak.

Worried about bulbar als :(

Lilly13
03-05-18, 18:49
I know that me saying this will not help but I also had this fear.. it was a horrible time in my life.. I saw two neurologists.. I thought I had symptoms of bulbar- I obsessively watched my tongue and it was twitching - I still didn't have bulbar - I thought I had a lisp - I didn't it wasn't bulbar- I thought liquid was coming through my nose- It wasn't bulbar.

ALS is rare - bulbar is more rare- If you had it you would KNOW

you don't have to hunt for signs -they are there - if you have something seriously wrong.

Sending hugs and always believe your doctor.

Fishmanpa
03-05-18, 19:15
But then I noticed when I try to wiggle my tongue side to side it doesn’t do it as quickly sometimes. Other times it does it quick. I feel my tongue is weak.

Who actually does this? A totally made up neurological exam to test for bulbar ALS? Of course if you do something that under normal life circumstances no one ever does, you would find unusual things to affirm your fears.

I'm sorry you're going down this rabbit hole again. I hope you can find a way out.

Positive thoughts