PDA

View Full Version : Petra

petra
19-07-07, 11:11
My name is Petra and I am newly 32 years young, I have been experiencing Panic Attacks now for around 13 months, spoke to my doctor who to be honest hasn't done much for me...

I am at the moment feeling very very alone and I dont know what to be doing to help this, I understand that there is no instant remedy to these awful things, so I thought that I would try and get some advice from the people that know, feel and understand what I am going through... Can you please help?

From a very tired
Petra

mystics
19-07-07, 11:57
Hi Petra,
Welcome to NMP you will meet some great people here for support and advice.

Brightest Angel Blessings
Mystics :flowers:

Fall Out Boy
19-07-07, 11:57
Sup Petra, and welcome to the forum
U will find lots of helpful advice and tips from this site.

groovygranny
19-07-07, 12:24
Hello Petra :welcome:to you!

If you're really not happy with how your doc is handling you, are you able to transfer to another? Even just for a second opinion?

Please don't feel alone now - you're among friends here and will get plenty of help and support!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

trac67
19-07-07, 12:32
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Lindalou64
19-07-07, 12:52
welcome petra,
you will find lots of info and support here you are not alone........Linda

manmoor
19-07-07, 13:08
Hi Petra,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

petra
19-07-07, 13:34
Hello Petra :welcome:to you!

If you're really not happy with how your doc is handling you, are you able to transfer to another? Even just for a second opinion?

Please don't feel alone now - you're among friends here and will get plenty of help and support!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:
Hey there, I have thought about going to another doctor, just a bit worried incase i get the same reaction from them too. Did you get much help from your doctor? Mine just told me that I anxiety and i should get a hobby to take my mind of it.... and that was it really.:shrug: i am a bit confussed with the whole thing really....i cant seem to get any peace with them.

petra xx:wacko:

belle
19-07-07, 13:44
Hi and welcome :)

(from an also newly 32 year (VERY) old!!!)

x

stephcatlover
19-07-07, 14:13
Dear Petra -
Poor you you sound really worn out with it. The advice given on this website is really the best. For me the most important thing is not to get anxious about the panic attack and not struggling/fighting with it - this only makes you more anxious and the panic gets much worse very quickly.

If you can say aloud to yourself something like ' this is very frightening but it is only a panic attack it will pass' that can help. I wrote myself a note that I keep in my handbag and reading it in the throes of panic can really help.

A sniff of lavender oil is brilliant too.

Remember it is tiny tiny steps at first but be kind to yourself and praise yourself for every one of them.
Stephanie

honeybee3939
19-07-07, 17:58
Hi Petra

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

nomorepanic
19-07-07, 18:58
Hi Petra

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the website pages for some advice on how to cope etc.

moor
11-09-07, 07:52
... Can you please help?

From a very tired
Petra

I solved panic attack within few days by PEAT. you can read my mails on this site how the process going on. find more information on this web site. http://spiritual-technology.com/. here nobody read my mails, nobody disucss and nobody beleive. good luck.

KrazyKaz07
11-09-07, 08:56
Hello Petra:)

:welcome: to the forum XxxX

Nibbles
11-09-07, 21:33
Hi Petra and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Some doctors can be a little insensitive about anxiety so it is definitely worthwhile trying others until you find one you're comfortable with.

Take care,

Mike :)

Southern_Belle
12-09-07, 17:55
Hi Petra,

Welcome to NMP. Many here feel exactly how you do and you will find some support.

Hugs,

Laura