PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

stephcatlover
19-07-07, 15:02
Hello eferyone -
This is such a helpful site, - I wish I'd found it ages ago.

My name is stephanie and as you can tell from my log in I love cats! six at the moment - oh yes and a husband too.

I'v e suffered panic attacks on and off over about 25 years. I can go for years without any and they they just pop up again. I've had 3 bad periods of depression in the past and panic attacks usually come alongside these, and then go away once the depression resolves.

In recent months though they are back with a vengeance, though minus the depression this time. LIfe has been very very stressful fo rthe past couple of years and I guess it's taking it's toll. The attacks take the form of ghastly dizzy spells where I really think I'm going to black out at best or die at worst. They can happen at work,at home, shopping - anywhere really. I used to think they just came out of the blue but when I really look hard at the circumstances I realise that there has been something very stressful going on that maybe I haven't acknowledged. Also I know they can be loads worse if I've had too much to drink the day before, or haven't eaten - so rememebring this is important for me.

I do wonder as well whether start of menopause is a factor?

I am trying just to live through the attacks and not get too anxious when one starts, because that can really escalate it for me. At work I go down and sit in the loo with my paper bag and bottle of lavender oil and breathe in that CO2 until it passes. At home grabbing a cat helps!

anyway - enough about me. Look forward to getting to know people and sharing tips experiences etc -
Stephanie

mystics
19-07-07, 15:13
Hi Steph,
Welcome to NMP, :hugs:

I cant believe how reading your introduction you sound just like me from the panic attacks to the 6 cats oh yeah and hubby lol

Anyway welcome again you'll find loads of great advice and tips here aswell as make loads of new friends:D

Brightest Angel Blessings
Mystics :flowers:

Lindalou64
19-07-07, 15:14
Hi Stephanie And Welcome.....linda

trac67
19-07-07, 17:36
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

manmoor
19-07-07, 17:37
Hi Steph,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

honeybee3939
19-07-07, 17:38
Hiya Steph

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, i hope we can be of some help.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
19-07-07, 18:59
Hiya Steph

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you make some great friends on here.

groovygranny
22-07-07, 00:12
Hello Stephanie :welcome:to you!

One of the first things my doc did was take my blood to test for menopausal evidence. They came back normal, but positive for peri-menopausal symptoms.

My opinion is there may be a very loose direct connection but a very definite indirect connection between panic/anx and the menopause. When I had panic attacks they were quite similar in many ways to the hot flushes I have been experiencing since I was about 38!! However, I do stress this is only my opinion and I could quite well be wrong about it.

I think you're coping admirably at the moment! Spot on with the drinking and eating, I find that too!

Anyway, you'll get plenty of help and support here - Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Pink Princess
27-07-07, 19:04
hi and welcome to the site, hope you settle in and make some new friends xxx take kare xxxxxxx

Nibbles
27-07-07, 19:22
Hi Stephanie and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. You sound like you're doing a brilliant job and I look forward to seeing you around.

Take care,

pips
28-07-07, 09:45
Hi Steph,

A very warmhttp://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/rebeccabdream/38.gif to the site I do hope it helps you:yesyes:

Wow you have six cats I have 3 cats and like yourself http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/curion123/h317/rebeccabdream/Cats/04.gif to!

So if ever you want to Cat Chat http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_21.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm594YYGB)or anything else please feel free to PM me by clicking on my name.

Take Care.:flowers:

Love Pip's X X

Southern_Belle
29-07-07, 18:40
Hi Steph,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here who will give you support. As far as the menopause, you can have your hormone levels checked by your doctor. Even though they fluctuate every day they can tell if you are in peri-menopause or menopause by your symptoms, etc. Glad you are here.

Laura :)