PDA

View Full Version : Obsessing over Therapy....

Megan99
06-05-18, 00:42
I went to therapy for two months. I ended up using the resource to just keep confessing things and even though my therapist was awesome, I felt like I was just too resistant towards getting better. Now, I don't have access to therapy until next year and I am worried that I will not get access to the same therapist. What if they leave? What if I get a new therapist and they won't understand or I will feel uncomfortable and it won't help me at all. Now, I feel like I have specific things that I can really work on with my old therapist. But what if they leave and I get a new one and then everything is ruined and they just won't understand me. I can't stop obsessing over this idea and worrying about it. I don't even feel like trying to help myself anymore because I am just so fixated on the idea of going back to the same person and them helping me get over this. Can anyone relate? Any advice?

---------- Post added at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

I feel like I just get too dependent on people sometimes and I need to keep seeing them for reassurance.....

Megan99
06-05-18, 19:01
Anybody?

OCDme
07-05-18, 05:51
I'm suffering from pureO and I too get too dependent on others(which is my mom). I do have some experience(minimal experience) with a therapist. "I am just so fixated on the idea of going back to the same person and them helping me get over this." -> So you mean you're expecting your old therapist to solve your problem? I don't see any issue with that. Therapists are supposed to do their best to help you and it's their job(and they get paid money for doing that). Take a deep breath and it will be alright.

p.s. : Also, I'm happy that you have people to rely on. Don't worry too much about getting dependent on people because people help each other and rely on each other. That's what people do. I'm glad you have people around you who can help and support you.