PDA

View Full Version : Email question.

BikerMatt
07-05-18, 16:23
I won't to Email a company about something i strongly disagree with, you have to enter your Email address but i don't wan't to, so will enter an incorrect Email address. Can they find out who you are? I don't want to get to involved so don't wan't them to find out who i am. Can they find out who sen't it through an ip address?

Hollow
07-05-18, 16:50
If you fill out a form on that company's website and enter a incorrect email address, it wouldn't matter because your IP address will be logged anyway. The IP address will tell them which City you're from and your ISP name. Beyond that I don't think they can find out more about you without doing some serious digging. Although, If you have a user account with that company then they can probably match your IP address to that account.

BikerMatt
07-05-18, 17:20
If you fill out a form on that company's website and enter a incorrect email address, it wouldn't matter because your IP address will be logged anyway. The IP address will tell them which City you're from and your ISP name. Beyond that I don't think they can find out more about you without doing some serious digging. Although, If you have a user account with that company then they can probably match your IP address to that account.

Thanks for the info:)

Bigboyuk
08-05-18, 22:34
Hi Matt well you have every right to say what you disagree with so long as you are polite there is no problem if you ask your ISP for a floating IP address that changes every single time you log to the internet this may help even better why not phone them you are entitled to your opinion! ATB