PDA

View Full Version : Easy Bruising... Luekemia?

TheAnxiousWriter
07-05-18, 23:48
Hello,
My health anxiety has been quiet for pretty much a year. I have been obsessing over the possibility of cancer once more.
It started with the fact that my Mum pointed at a bruise on my thigh. It looked pretty big and I didn't notice it there before or how I did it. It was slightly tender to the touch, but not as much as I expected. I think I knocked my thigh during the night terror I had... I hope that was the case, at least.
I found a few more bruises on the same leg. I remember knocking my knee on something, there was a bruise from that. The other one was from the end of my bed. There are also two mystery bruises on my thigh. Small, but still scary. Finally, the other mother of the bruises on my leg was the one closest to my backside. I remember knocking myself there on the way to the plane home from Greece. I can imagine that this bruise is certainly legit, because it hurts when I poke it.
I don't seem to be feeling tired or sick... other than a bad stomach, which I can put down to anxiety, and a mystery headache. I do feel dizzy as well. Since drinking is pretty customary with friends and family in Greece, I'd have alcohol each day. On a good day, it would maybe be a cocktail, on some other days, two shots of Raki (a strong alcoholic beverage, 40% alcohol to be exact) and a cocktail. I'm hoping that the easy bruising is all down to the alcohol, but I would have thought this would happen to only binge drinkers...
could it be something serious...? I'm really nervous and I don't want to be so anxious I can barely function again.

nomorepanic
07-05-18, 23:58
I bruise really easily and am always covered in them. My mum is the same. It doesn't mean it is anything sinister.

TheAnxiousWriter
08-05-18, 00:04
I bruise really easily and am always covered in them. My mum is the same. It doesn't mean it is anything sinister.

Thanks for the response, but I never really bruised that easily before. I can knock my leg really hard and a bruise would never show. That was, until recently.

nomorepanic
08-05-18, 00:08
If you are really worried then see the doc and they may do some blood tests but I really don't think it is Leukemia

TheAnxiousWriter
08-05-18, 00:27
My family thinks that too. My parents say that if they really were worried, they'd take me to see a doctor and that my bruises would be a lot worse. I've also been dealing with jet lag very well and even had 6 hours of sleep without feeling too tired and I had an hour walk today. As I write this it's 1am, so I try telling myself if I really am sick, I'd be functioning badly.

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

bump