PDA

View Full Version : This rash again!

Clydesdale Epona
07-05-18, 23:51
As some of you may know back in November i had full on brutal full body heat rash that swelled massively and burned, my dr told me it was part of a virus however, it never fully disappeared, whenever i get too warm I'd rt a little red rash here and there but antihistamines usually help, but now thanks to the lovely heatwave we've had here there's been loads of direct beating sun, i was barely under it maybe an hour two tops? And i got a red rash that calmed with an antihistamine and i'm now left with regular colored but bumpy(bigish bumps) my skin feels hot to touch if it's under the covers but i don't feel feverish, it's basically the same as back in November but nowhere near as bad so why do i think it's going to kill me? I'm so terrified I can't sleep or even sit still and relax :(

nomorepanic
07-05-18, 23:55
If it didn't kill you then it won't now

Clydesdale Epona
08-05-18, 00:01
Thanks Nicola! I don't why my anxiety is just shot today got hysterical over it earlier,
It's just a heat rash, i have the classic signs (hot skin, but cool temperature, raised bumps, itchy, irritated) I've had it on and off since November and its been fine, i'm not red now just hot and raised bumps because of swelling its not like the plague, trying to calm down desperately x

nomorepanic
08-05-18, 00:04
Put some body lotion or aftersun on it if you can to cool it down.
It sounds like prickly heat - I used to get it.

Clydesdale Epona
08-05-18, 00:18
I've used some after sun, sat with the fan on so night e able to get some winks.

It's clearly prickly best i know this in my mind but I've had a bad day for anxiety(too much sugar and caffeine my fault but oops) i just guess i weren't sure if it could be because i get so often its madness x

MyNameIsTerry
08-05-18, 02:27
Yep, sounds like a heat rash to me. I used to get them occasionally as the seasons changed to warmer weather.

Could it just be a heat rash that isn't connected to your earlier virus?

See how it goes, hopefully it will resolve itself and you can do things to self treat. Perhaps look at fabrics you wear too as thicker stuff is just going to make it itch more.