PDA

View Full Version : Job induction

matt1981
19-07-07, 20:37
had a NINE hour job induction today at sainsbury's i was horrible im only gonna do shop floor and checkout part time (3 four hour shifts a week) but im really stressed about it! I know I can easily do it and its going to be nowhere near as terrible as I think but I have three more induction and traning days and im dreading it! I just dont want to go but if I dont Ill regret it! :(

sorry had to get it off my chest!

nomorepanic
19-07-07, 20:49
Matt

Well done on coping - why was it so long????

I am sure you will cope if you want to and want the job and it will be money coming in as well won't it?

matt1981
19-07-07, 20:53
Its just some part time work whilst im studying, i can't understand why im so stressed. I don't know why it was so long they had to tell us a lot i guess

lucy0927
20-07-07, 12:27
Hi Matt,

That's a very long job induction and it's hard to take stuff in as well when your nervous etc. Try to think about why you're doing it and how much the extra money will help. It's a good way to meet new people as well, especially on induction events as everyone else is new and I can bet in exactly the same position as you, being just as nervous etc.

Try to listen to conversations going on around you and join in on any that you're interested in. You'll make some new friends and concentrate on them, think about things about them, how you think they're feeling, make up stories about them in your head etc and try to distract yourself etc.

Well done for getting the job and getting there, I'm sure you'll be fine and remember we're all here to chat if you need to.

:hugs:

mucky
26-07-07, 13:44
Hi Matt,

Just focus on the £££ for now.

Remember everyone in the induction is probably as nervous as you are.
Sit next to the person you were with last time and you will help each other.
After this is over you will wonder what the problem was...honestly !!

Good luck, stick it out and you really will benefit in more ways than you think.

Muck

Lindalou64
26-07-07, 14:36
wishing you luck matt im sure you will do fine.......best to ya.....linda